Votes: 54 79.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I let it die for me with these final words.
If you seen all the games since Buffalo then you know Gallants been rolling four lines. So all the attack narratives about resting his best players for tomorrow’s game are wrong. Vesey was a minute over TOI what he has been getting and Motte and Goodrow were both under (Goodrow in the box for 4 minutes).
The complaint was not on the team, it is on Gallant’s coaching not to run up the score. If the 4th line is on the PP, then there restring during when their regular shift would have been. Gallant should let his players run up the score. He should want to demoralize Pittsburgh. Get in their heads. Let it get in his players heads. Gallant holding his team back only increases the chance of his players being injured or forming bad habits. Just look at Tampa over the past three years. They want to beat there opponents in every aspect of the game. It’s called a killer instinct. No quarter asked, none given. No merry. In the end the fans both in the seats and in front of the screens pay for it all and in turn deserve to have it all when it is available.
You are missing the bigger picture. This game was over after 40 minutes and they already made a statement. Gallant shouldn't give a shit about how much somebody paid to watch the game. His job is to win games and this game was over and they have another game today. He absolutely did the right thing by putting it on cruise control and resting his top guys.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I can't think of a Rangers team that has ever had this kind of talent. Lindgren is about to be the cherry on top.

That 4 days off stretch is paying dividends. And while I think a lot of people shit on Gallant, he let the players roll with who they wanted to after the deals and then told them that it wasn't working and needed to change it up.

Gallant deserves credit for letting the players have a say and then pulling in the reigns and setting the lines how he sees fit. It's easy to bash the coach, but we should give him credit for putting together lines that work.
I think it's also that they have a nice stretch of home games right now, which is helping a lot. Before that, they were on the road for several weeks. Must have been exhausting.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I let it die for me with these final words.
If you seen all the games since Buffalo then you know Gallants been rolling four lines. So all the attack narratives about resting his best players for tomorrow’s game are wrong. Vesey was a minute over TOI what he has been getting and Motte and Goodrow were both under (Goodrow in the box for 4 minutes).
The complaint was not on the team, it is on Gallant’s coaching not to run up the score. If the 4th line is on the PP, then there restring during when their regular shift would have been. Gallant should let his players run up the score. He should want to demoralize Pittsburgh. Get in their heads. Let it get in his players heads. Gallant holding his team back only increases the chance of his players being injured or forming bad habits. Just look at Tampa over the past three years. They want to beat there opponents in every aspect of the game. It’s called a killer instinct. No quarter asked, none given. No merry. In the end the fans both in the seats and in front of the screens pay for it all and in turn deserve to have it all when it is available.
Yeah no, I'm pretty sure you're 1 of maybe 10 people who went to that game that somehow came out upset from it. The Rangers won 6-0, in one of their best performances of the year, and you got to watch perhaps one of Shesty's best games of his career and you're somehow not happy. I'm freaking jealous as hell that you were at this game and I wasn't, and yet you somehow come out of it upset? Sorry man but you definitely got good value for your tickets in this one. Stop complaining.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
You are missing the bigger picture. This game was over after 40 minutes and they already made a statement. Gallant shouldn't give a shit about how much somebody paid to watch the game. His job is to win games and this game was over and they have another game today. He absolutely did the right thing by putting it on cruise control and resting his top guys.
Locking it down in the last 20 and rolling out the bottom six on the powerplay and ending the game with a comfortable shutout was another flex that is completely independent from the statement that came from the offensive shelling in the first 40. It was great to see.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It's like all of the people ESPN uses for the behind the scenes production are individuals who have no interest in hockey and no history of being a fan of the game and viewing it on TV. That's the only way I can explain all the bad ideas that have been implemented which lower the production value, only to then be done away with.

Makes me appreciate the polished MSG broadcast/production that much more.
ESPN doesn't put much of their money into the production side of it. The theory is people are gonna watch it regardless because it's the only way. They ponied up big money for Aikman and Buck but other then that, all of their announcers are absolute garbage. They've been riding the coattails of their reputation for a long time now.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Igor is one of the most conventional goalies I've watched play the game in terms of making saves based on form, positioning, and angles so watching him randomly pull a Hasek yesterday was an odd one. Was like Keith Kinkaid stacking the pads 2 years ago.
"their goalie is all about the show"

Reactions: TheDirtyH

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I look at making sure they shut down the win was in an effort to get them ready for post season play.

It's always good to get comfortable with the ability to close games out.

I have no issues taking the foot off the pedal and locking down the SO win.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
after some games, if i get a moment, i seek out opponent press articles
Dave Molinari is a long-time, respected, and hall-of-fame hockey reporter in Pittsburgh

it seems he's a blog-writer now
his Trouba snark below annoyed me,
must be listening to Sid too much, or feeling less need to be objective without a journalism by-line

"DeSmith became the latest Penguin to be victimized by a Jacob Trouba head shot, albeit not the kind with which he usually is associated."

btw he was honored same year as JD
"June 2, 2009 TORONTO -- Bill Hay, Chairman of the Hockey Hall of Fame, announced today that DAVE MOLINARI, the newspaper voice of the Pittsburgh Penguins will receive the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award for print journalism. Hay also announced that JOHN DAVIDSON, a long-time broadcaster who is currently the President of Hockey Operations with the St. Louis Blues, will receive the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award for outstanding contributions as a hockey broadcaster."

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I was told a week or two that the Penguins are surging, we wouldn't win a game against them, and they were going to knock us out of the playoff race. Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino