Pre-Game Talk: Game 9 - @ Washington -'It's deja vu all over again' - NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rest Rask. If you have to play him two games in a row, play them at home - the team is much better the fewer games he plays. The two recent seasons we didn't make the playoffs, Rask was overplayed. Keeping him down to a pace of about 50 starts for a regular season feels about right.

Halak is a very capable goalie, and while I'm as big of a Rask fan as any, last night wasn't one of Rask's better games. Not awful, but enough that he's created a good enough reason to give his 1B a game. And, let's face it, we're crap against the Capitals. There's something about them. They're our white whale. No need to beat ourselves up over it. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Against the only true contender in the division, I want Rask in every time. Halak is perhaps the best back up in the NHL but he is no Rask and we are at a disadvantage from puck drop with Halak instead of Rask.

Halak is also under 6'0 and the Washington traffic will affect him even more.

Reactions: nORRis8

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I thought Kuhlman played fine last game. But I'm also on team give Senyshyn a chance

I just don't see anything in Kuhlman, aside from good speed. Can't finish, isn't physical and doesn't seem to accomplish much when he's out there.

Cassidy benched him for a couple of shifts Saturday as well.

At least Blidh might hit someone or draw a retaliatory penalty.

Reactions: nORRis8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad