GDT: Game 9: Seattle Kraken(2-4-2) @ Florida Panthers(3-3-0) - 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Freckish? Its Halloween so I'll give numbnuts the benefit of the doubt

Oh well better Luck next time! See you Kraken fans next game

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Daccord has done very well tonight. kraken need to learn to score

I think it has more to do with a team not having an insane team shooting percentage to make up for not being able to get to the net(or the middle of the ice) and easily being kept to the outside by other teams.

Just seems like it's not really working this season and the team can't find other ways to create the scoring(power play, take more shots etc.) to score enough to win games.

Also, they still can't get the puck out of their own zone.

Reactions: kihei

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Genuinely curious if it’s coaching, talent or a little bit of both. I feel like we’re too deep of a team to be playing like this.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sorry I had to miss this game. Glad to hear Daccord had another strong game. We really seem to be in a rut offensively, though. Kind of ironic that now that we are getting good goaltending, we can't score. The hockey gods have a perverse sense of humour.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Just watching highlights again, unfortunately.

How do you manage to give up a goal when Oleksiak has the puck on his stick uncontested with 20 seconds left in the period? Just incredible. Saved by an offside review.

What a stupid fluke 3rd goal for the Panthers.

McCann is all over the highlights, looks like he is really clicking with the Gourde/Tolvanen line. Meanwhile Beniers and Eberle more or less invisible and seem to have taken the steam out of Kartye's game since his move to their line?

Capture.JPG

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
As mentioned, it's way out by the Glades. Nobody plays there except the Cats. Their practice facility is in FTL. Limited play in a rink will mask potential problems.

Unrelated, this team really misses Tanev. His return cant come soon enough.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is fairly common in most teams though to be honest. Most teams will ride their top-6 or top-9 depending on depth. Also, in cases where you are playing from behind, that becomes even more evident.

True, though you probably can't maintain the Kraken high energy style on less than 4 lines.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I dont really see how Tanev solves any of our problems except bringing in some physicality. This teams main issue right now is potting some goals and thats not Tanevs bread and butter. He could help a bit on the PK but thats been fine for the majority of the season.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I dont really see how Tanev solves any of our problems except bringing in some physicality. This teams main issue right now is potting some goals and thats not Tanevs bread and butter. He could help a bit on the PK but thats been fine for the majority of the season.
All I'd say to that is that energy leads to tenacity in controlling loose pucks, which leads to possession time, which leads to goals.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It seems the high shooting % from last season is balancing out this season. We were league-best in the previous season with 10.34% in G per SOG. This season, we are 3rd worst with a 5.36%.

Losing Bura certainly hurts on a team that does not have Sprong or Donato anymore. Dumo has been a negative addition to the team. Losing Tanev is just icing on the cake.

The team's inability to keep leads in the 3rd period has been a problem for a while and it seems to continue this season. Our PP is still dismal. This team has so many problems that if you plug one hole, another one gets opened.

Its not all negative though. Kartye looks pretty good. So does Daccord. Gru has looked fine as well. In the AHL, Wright and Winterton look to have had decent starts. Firkus and Rehkopf are lighting up juniors. Nyman is doing well in Liiga.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad