GDT: Game 9: Seattle Kraken(2-4-2) @ Florida Panthers(3-3-0) - 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After blowing a two goal lead in Carolina on Thursday and losing 2-3 in OT the Kraken have made it to the sunshine state playing both Florida games.

Tonights matchup:

giphy.gif

vs

giphy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where?
BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
FBD9CE9D-165F-43D5-9F3A-CED983DB8A22.jpeg

When?
3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET / 12:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT Sports NW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

Goaltending:

Joey bounced back in Carolina and had a solid outing.
No matter which one of the goalies will be in net tonight needs to show up given that the Panthers have a high powered offense that can get you in trouble fast if your goalie doesn't perform.

Power Play:
In order to make up for a lower shooting percentage(compared to last season) the Kraken need to find other ways to score.
One of them could be the power play which hasn't been good so far this season and even had it's moments completely killing off any kind of momentum for the Kraken.

Offensen in general:
The Kraken have been able to score a bit more in three of their last four games but will probably need more than those two goals in Carolina to consistantly get points in this league.
Like said before, going to the net and trying to get inside would help a lot, given that this is the way to create trouble for other teams and their goaltender.

-----------------------------------------------

Stats

i

Top Scorers:
Vince Dunn: 1(G) - 6(A) ---> 7 points
Oliver Bjorkstrand: 2G) - 5(A) ---> 7 points
Jayden Schwartz: 4(G) - 1(A) ---> 5 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:18 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:53 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 19:26 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 0-4-0 / .896(SV%) / 3.04 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 2-0-2 / .910(SV%) / 2.83 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Sam Reinhart: 7(G) - 2(A) ---> 9 points
Evan Rodrigues: 2(G) - 6(A) ---> 8 points
Alexander Barkov: 1(G) - 5(A) ---> 6 points

Work Load:
Gusbav Forsling: 24:32 TOI/Game
Oliver Ekman-Larsson: 24:27 TOI/Game
Alexander Barkov: 21:06 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Sergei Bobrovsky: 2-3-0 / .899(SV%) / 3.06 GAA
Anthony Stolarz: 1-0-0 / .964(SV%) / 1.01 GAA

----------------------------------------------------------------

This should be an exciting one.

Both teams like to play fast paced hockey and create chances this way.
The Panthers have more high end talent than the Kraken who should try to be aware which Panthers lines are on the ice in orderr to not get into trouble against the likes of Barkov, Tkachuk etc.

Anyways, it's another game of Kraken hockey and the boys have a chance to try and climb back towards that NHL .500 mark and gain ground in the standings.
giphy.gif

And as always....
giphy.gif

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Really need to see Matty heat up if this team is going to become a force again. He does more than just score, but zero goals in 8 games??

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
We are missing Sprong on the PP right?

Missing Burakovsky too

Just about forgot the game! How was McCann man's goal?Someone said it was a beaut

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Joey is going to start.
He's really playing well and seems much more in sync with the team than Gru...haven't given up on him though

Seeing empty seats for a team that went to the Cup Finals..C'mon Buttcrack Bettman get the shit outta your eyes and ears cause Quebec City would sell out until the next Millennium!!!f***!!!

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
He's really playing well and seems much more in sync with the team than Gru...haven't given up on him though

Seeing empty seats for a team that went to the Cup Finals..C'mon Buttcrack Bettman get the shit outta your eyes and ears cause Quebec City would sell out until the next Millennium!!!f***!!!
Bettman is sitting in his office on the phone shouting "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" like Tom Cruise. He only cares of his and the current owners money.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I've got to come down to Seattle and put my name in for Russ' job cause I could do his with my eyes closed shut and mouth whispering sweet nothings...whatta Maroon,whatta quack

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Jared McCann the Former Florida Panther,Vancouver Canuck,Pittsbugh Penguins and for a brief time TO Maple Leaf and lets not forget SS Marie Greyhounds birth place of the Espo's,Turco and our very own Ronnie Francis and many other fine NHLers past and present

I think Russ' Voice just grates on my Nerves! He couldn't find a job in England he had to venture out to the USA

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Nothing pisses me off more than having someone block my view as they take their seat during the action of the Play! Have some courtesy for Cristos sake...nice save and Dunn taking the stick and man

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno

That arena has ALWAYS been less than half full, unless a big bandwagon shows up near the end of the season. Hell, 5 years ago there were games with less than 5000 fans.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Anyone know what Seattle draft picks will be going to the World Junior in December/January in Stockholm?

Nice tip by Goalvanen and shot by Schwartz

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
That arena has ALWAYS been less than half full, unless a big bandwagon shows up near the end of the season. Hell, 5 years ago there were games with less than 5000 fans.

To be fair, the location of that arena is notably remote in all of sports. Literally on the edge of the everglades…. Which cover roughly 80% of south Florida so there are more gators within 2 miles of the arena than humans

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad