GDT: Game #9 Preds @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Certainly doesn't help when Redden pushes a guy into the puck that goes into the net. Polak and Pietrangelo both reached and deflect a goal through Elliott. Were there anymore garbage goals that Elliott had a chance at?
Maybe the Preds were just due to score some lucky goals. They werent going to average 1.5 Goals a game all year. They got some luck tonight, good for them. They were due. Too bad it had to happen to the Blues. They are a terrible offensive group in Nashville, but they arent 1.5 GPG bad. No team is.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Boy if only Ryan ****ing Reaves was in the lineup we would be winning 18-0 right now. Good lord, I don't think I have seen anyone's "impact" on this lineup more overrated than Ryan Reaves.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Not too much longer Allen is going to have a GAA of 3.00 and a Save % of 0.00....

EDIT: ok save % up to 50 he was in the game for about 15 mins before he made a save

GrandPapillon*

The two that went in off of defenseman I agree with you on. But the second one was awful. I know there was a turnover, but there is no excuse for that puck to trickle through his five hole. And the fourth one, well the whole team look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Everyone, including Elliott was flopping all over the place.

This isn't a game where we are outplaying and outshooting Nashville like 50-12, but anytime goalies give up as many goals on this few chances they are at least part of the problem. Last season, Elliott and Halak were the best pairing in hockey. This season, they have been our achilles heel

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This isn't a game where we are outplaying and outshooting Nashville like 50-12, but anytime goalies give up as many goals on this few chances they are at least part of the problem. Last season, Elliott and Halak were the best pairing in hockey. This season, they have been our achilles heel

Where exactly in my post did it look like I was saying the goalies have been good? :shakehead At least two of those goals were on Elliott. But two of them did get deflected off his defensemen.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Feels like I'm playing NHL 13, terrible team play, no positioning, bad passes, forced passes, etc.

Too many players trying to do everything themselves tonight. I expect that from Perron, but not the entire team.

GrandPapillon*

Where exactly in my post did it look like I was saying the goalies have been good? :shakehead At least two of those goals were on Elliott. But two of them did get deflected off his defensemen.

I think we agree on this matter. Not really looking for an argument.

illninofan*

Tarasenko undressed Josi there.

Too bad the goalie is Rinne.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
How in the hell did I know that the first night I went to class and missed a game that they'd get it handed to them? Has it been THAT bad?

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Even though we're not seeing a very good effort from The Blues tonight, the one thing I've noticed is Allen is very quick. He could turn out to be a good one someday.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How in the hell did I know that the first night I went to class and missed a game that they'd get it handed to them? Has it been THAT bad?

Goaltending has been crap, but the overall performance for the first 30 minutes was a disgrace and we deserved to be well out of it. Our effort has picked up, but the decisions with the puck are still painfully stupid sometimes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

The first period and a half were absolutely unbearable. Preds scored 4 goals on 5 shots at one point.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Wow, just got home from my ball hockey game and I check the score to see it's 5-1. And we're outshooting them 28-16, what's been the problem? I guess the Preds were due for a breakout game, they've been pretty dry all year.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
when Halak gets back, he needs to play 2 of every 3 games. No more 50/50 stuff. Reaves needs to play every night. And Langs only when somebody dies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Oh well, it happens. Didn't the Blues beat the Wings something like 10-2 a couple years ago?

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Honestly, why should you have any joy for getting within 4 goals? Get within 1, then you can celebrate.

I totally agreed with you, I just thought outright saying it with a couple f-bombs thrown in was humorous. Bruce Boudreau level of frustration, which just made me chuckle. That was all.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Oh well, it happens. Didn't the Blues beat the Wings something like 10-2 a couple years ago?

10-3. I think Porter, Reaves and Janssen had half the goals that night as well.

I'd like to say the less said about tonight the better, but it isn't the case. It's been coming since the 'Hawks game. I'll more than a little annoyed if Redden or Langenbrunner are in the lineup on Thursday night.

Harley83

May 28, 2012
Might as well get Carla Colaiacovo back to compliment the passive play in front of the net. I've said it a million times just because St. Louis plays well defensively doesn't mean that they are gritty or abrasive and that's what opponents are going to fear. Reaves, Jackman, Nichol and Stewart are the only ones that are ready to stand their ground and back it up on a nightly basis while many others are just hit or miss with confrontation. If the Blues thought the Preds were playing mean down low how do you think they would fair against Boston or Philly? Without addressing their passiveness they might as well forget a Stanley Cup, this half season has made every game have playoff intensity.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Just a bad game. Bad luck and a lack of effort coupled with mistakes they would normally not make in all zones. I dont think the Blues took them as seriously as they should have. Still, with that I felt like the Blues won the puck possession game 2 to 1.

They looked rusty from the get go in some areas. Strange one. The goaltending has to start to pick up and make some big saves, although they were unlucky tonight with the deflections from their own players, etc. Nashville took advantage.

Bad games happen to every team at least 4-5 times a year.

On any given night... Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad