23 Games, 12-7-4, 1.99 GAA, .931 Sv%, 1 Shutout

This Season
7 Games, 2-2-3, 2.16 GAA, .915 Sv%, 0 Shutouts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020136&navid=sb:preview

First GDT pretty basic, sorry! LGB!

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Gotta think being at home on 3 days rest that the boys will be flying. Plus they've probably been hungry to get back on the ice after that wings game...

LGB!

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
per JR:

Perron - Backes - Oshie
Mcdonalddddsssss! - Steen -Frank
SOBOTKA - Berglund - Stewie
Langs - nichol - Reaves OR Dags

Redden - Pie
Jackman - Shattdeuces
Russell - Polak

Elliott

From JR's interview with Hitchcock, I'm guessing Dags will get the nod tonight over Reaves (not Langenbrunner). LGB!!!

illninofan*

per JR:

Perron - Backes - Oshie
Mcdonalddddsssss! - Steen -Frank
SOBOTKA - Berglund - Stewie
Langs - nichol - Reaves OR Dags

Redden - Pie
Jackman - Shattdeuces
Russell - Polak

Elliott

From JR's interview with Hitchcock, I'm guessing Dags will get the nod tonight over Reaves (not Langenbrunner). LGB!!!

I hate it when we don't play Reaves. :rant:

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I hate it when we don't play Reaves. :rant:

Not official yet. We shall see. I typically agree with you and do in this case.

So no Jaden tonight. I feel like he's played ok - up and down. I see him flat on the ice (in a bad way) a bit too much. Sure nice to have someone like Sobotka to plug right into that spot.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Not official yet. We shall see. I typically agree with you and do in this case.

So no Jaden tonight. I feel like he's played ok - up and down. I see him flat on the ice (in a bad way) a bit too much. Sure nice to have someone like Sobotka to plug right into that spot.

I actually thought Dags looked really good last game, Id rather him slot in on the third line and keep Sobotka on the 4th.

Not happy about Langs in over Reaves either, Reaves has been great, Langs is pretty much done.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
I actually thought Dags looked really good last game, Id rather him slot in on the third line and keep Sobotka on the 4th.

Not happy about Langs in over Reaves either, Reaves has been great, Langs is pretty much done.

Agreed that Dags looked good and that Langs is the player that should get some rest.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011

Agreed. Dags on the 3rd line with Sobotka - nichol - Reaves would look nice tonight.

That said, I understand that it will be beneficial to play Langs in place of some of these guys for rest and to keep our depth sharp. Although the odd man out is always a 4th liner (or Schwartz) who need the least amount of rest, so really it just feels like keeping our depth sharp in case of the inevitable injuries. knock. on. wood.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
C'mon, I would rather see Reaves suit up Thursday in the last home game in this 48 lockout 2013 season against Detroit. The Blues play 5 games against Detroit, 2 home 3 away.

This is game 3 of 4 against the Preds, also the last Home game against Nashville who are road weary, struggling to score. I expect the Blues to come out motivated and hit the preds with our waves of scoring lines tonight.

Let's go BLUES!!! :cheers:

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
Not to many people would consider Langs "offensive" depth

It's safe to say that the offensive depth stops at the 4th line, but with Reaves, Nichol or Dags on the line, you can't deny that they control the puck and generate some scoring chances.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
God I hate this passive PK. Even when the other team doesn't score, we're still trapped in our own zone for like 50% of the kill.

And there it is. Seriously, whoever's call it was to have every guy standing around during the PK, seriously needs to consider other employment options. It's like we saw how easy it was to score on the Shark's PK in the playoffs and decided to copy their style exactly. It makes absolutely no sense.

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
It's like our special teams take turns at doing well. Do we not learn from our past success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad