GDT: Game #9|Pens @ Caps| 12:30PM - 2-3-2013|Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Three games are a joke. Seriously. Simmonds, whether you hate him or love, is out with a concussion. YES, a CONUSSION after an absolutely nasty illegal elbow to the head.

If the league doesn't protect its stars (well, Simmonds is not a star, but not a 3rd line grinder either), you don't need to wonder if the same happens to Crosby/Malkin etc.

Should have been suspended for 10-20 games, seriously, and therefore sending a signal to all the others that the league doesn't tolerate actions like that.

Just a matter of time till it happens again..
The NHL is a joke. Look at Weber and Zetterberg last year. You can grab a player by the back of the head, crack it into the glass and its just the butt of jokes. Thats why I laugh when everyone and their mother goes after Cooke.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know he's suspended, that's why the link was put in, and it was late. I'll update the line up the minute I find it out.
Copied and pasted from Daily Faceoff.

Holly smokes, Caps don't have a traditional GDT, guess I'm gonna have to ask someone.

Thanks fedfed.

Last edited:

Fire Shero*

Haha the caps have worse wingers than the pens. That lineup looks horrendous. I know they lost Semin, but wow that lineup is weak.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
fezzik.jpg

I hope we win

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Maybe AO will be on the chopping block come the trade deadline.

Finally that illustrious winger for Sid :sarcasm:

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Someone on the trade boards just said the Ovechkin wants to be traded, anyone else hear this? That's a huge cap hit for a team to take on a year before the cap is going to drop, wonder what the offers for him would be if its true.

Rangers will buy him.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I'll believe it when I see it from Mckenzie. In all seriousness though, at his current production rate I don't see too many takers for his huge contract. Maybe a team like Columbus will offer Johansen, Umberger (he may have an NTC), Wis, and a 1st? It would certainly help them get butts in the seats...

As a CBJ fan I would say hell no. They just traded their Prima Donna, why trade for the biggest one in the league? He doesn't fit the hard working atmosphere of that team either.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Teams the Capitals Should Consider Trading Ovechkin To
1. Montreal
2. Toronto
3. Winnipeg
4. Ottawa
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton
7. Vancouver (straight up for Luongo)

That is all.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Damn what did Mcphee do to that presidents trophy winning lineup. If there's anyone that deserves firing...

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Three games are a joke. Seriously. Simmonds, whether you hate him or love, is out with a concussion. YES, a CONUSSION after an absolutely nasty illegal elbow to the head.

If the league doesn't protect its stars (well, Simmonds is not a star, but not a 3rd line grinder either), you don't need to wonder if the same happens to Crosby/Malkin etc.

Should have been suspended for 10-20 games, seriously, and therefore sending a signal to all the others that the league doesn't tolerate actions like that.

Just a matter of time till it happens again..

Or...Someone could have pounded the hell out of Erskine. Rinaldo isn't that smart and went after Bradley instead.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
1. Montreal
2. Toronto
3. Winnipeg
4. Ottawa
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton

That is all.

This list almost has me believe that you're part of the "Canadian teams need a superstar crowd". :)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. Montreal
2. Toronto
3. Winnipeg
4. Ottawa
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton

That is all.

They better trade him soon then.

From Capgeek:
NTC (starting July 1, 2014, can list up to 10 teams each year he will not accept a trade to and can modify said list in September of every following year)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

That is all.

That would be pretty crazy / maybe the biggest "two superstars needing new homes" deal I've ever seen. Actually not a bad deal considering it would solve a big problem for both teams. Vancouver get Lu out of their hair and adds huge scoring depth to their wing (Vancouver basically in the same boat as us but not quite as bad -- great C, great D depth and assets, only a couple good wingers if you exclude Booth as a perpetual medical case).

Ovy would probably benefit from playing in teh WC. More high-tempo contests, etc.

#Caps Alex Ovechkin said #Pens Malkin "is best player right now out there." He also said Malkin and Crosby are the "two best players." -SK

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/298091740861173760

Well at least he's giving credit where it's due. Maybe he's growing up a little.

Question is, can they offer him the best television package?

He jumps in it!

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Or...Someone could have pounded the hell out of Erskine. Rinaldo isn't that smart and went after Bradley instead.

We all know that there is no room in today's NHL for self policing. Apparently Erskine would continue to throw elbows no matter how many times he got his @ss beat, players aren't intimated by tough guys, etc, etc.:sarcasm:

I agree that 3 games wasn't enough. The funny part is that we're willing to admit that it was a dirty elbow on one of the Flyer's players and that it deserved more of a punishment. The irony is if he did the exact same thing to one of our stars the Flyers fans would be claiming it was not intentional and 3 games is too many. Goes without saying considering their fan base but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad