Jason Chimera-Jay Beagle-Joel Ward

Matt Hendricks-Joey Crabb-Eric Fehr

Defensive Pairings

Karl Alzner-Mike Green

Tom Poti-John Carlson

Jeff Schultz -Tomas Kundratek

Goalies

Michal Neuvirth|>|Braden Holtby

No one had this GDT so I put up a quick one.
Lines updated from, fedfed on caps board.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Nice job on the GDT. Lets keep Adam Oates unhappy.
I think Holtby is in net for this one?
LGP!

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
vokoun will need to be huge in this game IMO.

would love to see us limit shots to around 20...but I'm guessing it will be in the 30 range.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
vokoun will need to be huge in this game IMO.

would love to see us limit shots to around 20...but I'm guessing it will be in the 30 range.

It's more about quality of shots faced rather than quantity. Vokoun stopped 28 against the Rangers, but how many of those shots actually stood a chance of going in? Many of those shots were garbage shots.

The Penguins need to play the same way in front of the net as they did against the Rangers and Devils.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
After watching today's game, it's pretty clear that this team can be good even with a fairly stale system and subpar in-game coaching, it is up to the players to show their competitiveness and energy. As long as we are fired up for this game, I like our chances. If we play like we did against the Isles or Toronto or even the Rangers, Vokoun will probably have to steal it for us like Emery just did for Chicago. Btw, anyone else watch that one just now? Holy man, what a game for Emery!

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
look at those forward lines

Remember when caps used to be dynamic?

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
So I can acquire Vokoun in my fantasy pool at a fairly hefty price. The trade is good if Vokoun plays 70%+ of the remaining games and is above .500. It is awful if Vokoun plays 40% or less of the games. How do Penguin fans think the goaltending will shape out for the season? Fleury apparently hasn't looked very good.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Someone on the trade boards just said the Ovechkin wants to be traded, anyone else hear this? That's a huge cap hit for a team to take on a year before the cap is going to drop, wonder what the offers for him would be if its true.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Someone on the trade boards just said the Ovechkin wants to be traded, anyone else hear this? That's a huge cap hit for a team to take on a year before the cap is going to drop, wonder what the offers for him would be if its true.

I'll believe it when I see it from Mckenzie. In all seriousness though, at his current production rate I don't see too many takers for his huge contract. Maybe a team like Columbus will offer Johansen, Umberger (he may have an NTC), Wis, and a 1st? It would certainly help them get butts in the seats...

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I'll believe it when I see it from Mckenzie. In all seriousness though, at his current production rate I don't see too many takers for his huge contract. Maybe a team like Columbus will offer Johansen, Umberger (he may have an NTC), Wis, and a 1st? It would certainly help them get butts in the seats...

Yeah it looks like a false alarm now.

Good call on Columbus being the type of team that could use a name player like Ovechkin. And I guess if he did get traded Washington could pay part of his salary to increase interest/quality of offers.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Yeah it looks like a false alarm now.

Good call on Columbus being the type of team that could use a name player like Ovechkin. And I guess if he did get traded Washington could pay part of his salary to increase interest/quality of offers.

Right, I totally forgot about that aspect of the new CBA. Could make for a very interesting trade deadline, Ovi not withstanding...

Getting off track, GO PENS!

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
Just an FYI, Erskine is suspended for this game.I'm not too sure who will replace him, however.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Love waking up to a game, can't wait. Another win on the road to make it three in a row would be terrific. Team was so good today if they can keep building on that and fire on all cylinders, fantastic.

So I can acquire Vokoun in my fantasy pool at a fairly hefty price. The trade is good if Vokoun plays 70%+ of the remaining games and is above .500. It is awful if Vokoun plays 40% or less of the games. How do Penguin fans think the goaltending will shape out for the season? Fleury apparently hasn't looked very good.

That's wrong, he's been very good barring a subpar game against NYI in which the team didn't help much at all. Vokoun's been steady as a rock so far though. No shot barring injury Vokoun gets 70% of the games regardless. That is an awful trade and the risk is certainly not worth the reward.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Pretty much everything you said is wrong. No chance he plays that many game and Fleury has been just fine.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Fleury has played just fine. The team just hasn't played well in front of him until today.

No chance Vokoun plays more than 50% of the games without an injury happening.

This one should be interesting...Pens seemed to hit their stride today, so this is an important game as far as sustaining that forward momentum. For Washington they need a big game...and throw in a rival game here and this is either going to be a powderkeg of physicality that leads Washington to a statement victory...or a powderkeg of suck that results in a blowout win for the Penguins.

Here's hoping the Caps have a bit more suck left in them.

Lixxiq

@Lixxiq
Jan 27, 2007
Augsburg, GER
John Erskine will not be playing in this game. He got suspended for three games, because of his elbow on Wayne Simmonds.

Link below:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/02/02/sp-nhl-john-erskine-wayne-simmonds-hearing.html

Three games are a joke. Seriously. Simmonds, whether you hate him or love, is out with a concussion. YES, a CONUSSION after an absolutely nasty illegal elbow to the head.

If the league doesn't protect its stars (well, Simmonds is not a star, but not a 3rd line grinder either), you don't need to wonder if the same happens to Crosby/Malkin etc.

Should have been suspended for 10-20 games, seriously, and therefore sending a signal to all the others that the league doesn't tolerate actions like that.

Just a matter of time till it happens again..

Pfnf

Dec 13, 2008
Tyrol Austria
Three games are a joke. Seriously. Simmonds, whether you hate him or love, is out with a concussion. YES, a CONUSSION after an absolutely nasty illegal elbow to the head.

If the league doesn't protect its stars (well, Simmonds is not a star, but not a 3rd line grinder either), you don't need to wonder if the same happens to Crosby/Malkin etc.

Should have been suspended for 10-20 games, seriously, and therefore sending a signal to all the others that the league doesn't tolerate actions like that.

Just a matter of time till it happens again..

completely agree that was one nasty elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->