GDT: Game #9 | Detroit Red Wings @ Phoenix Coyotes | 9:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I believe a lot of goalies would've stayed up, wings score, and then the goalie goes down in pain. Seems weird to quit on a play in that fashion, but maybe it hit a _really_ bad spot.

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
I agree with Osgood, the goal should count or Smith should have to go off if he was really hurt that badly.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
if you're that hurt that the trainer needs to come out to the ice, you should have to leave the game.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow that was ********!!! So just fall down and waive a goal!?? Smith looks like he got shot. Give me a break.

Alpha190

Feb 3, 2007
Ask this to yourselves: if that happens to us, wouldn't you want the goal called back?

Brandel*

Ask this to yourselves: if that happens to us, wouldn't you want the goal called back?

not if howard was actually perfectly fine 1 minute later

lots of offensive pressure, as a goalie pretend you're extremely injured. shouldnt work that way...

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

If ti was sincere/legit yes....but that was a Mike Smith special. Check out the dive he took in the playoffs against the Hawks in 2012. Shaw ended up being suspended, and what do you know...Smith turned out to be just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad