GDT: Game #9 | Detroit Red Wings @ Phoenix Coyotes | 9:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

I actually disagree with this, Abby has been making huge hits this year, he's actually been a very aggressive player, more-so than I've seen in the past.

He's hitting more.
He's not hitting hard.

RedWingsNow*

Yup, that's totally what it is. Has nothing to do with people who just so happen to have differing opinions than you.

Regarding Tootoo: I like the guy, but him getting waived is simply a casualty of the cap, and nothing else. I would like him in the lineup but I think the team has bigger issues than an 8 minute a night guy getting taken off the regular roster. Especially with Helm coming back. I think Helm is a much more impactful player.

Nah - I called it exactly what it is.

You're simply scratching the surface with the issue with Tootoo.

One -- he should not be a 7-minute a night guy.
His 6:34 average this year is the lowest of his career. His last 4 years in Nashville he was at 10:50 to 13:09.

Which is why Holland probably paid him $1.9M.
Only to see Coach Dumbass use him 6:30 a night.

If Coach Dumbass used him 10-13 minutes a night he wouldn't be as hard to trade.

When it comes to managing the roster and lineup, Holland and Babcock are proving inept.
They knew Helm was coming off soon. They could have been playing Tootoo and developing a market for him.

Instead, we're left with the waiver wire.

RedWingsNow*

Has he hit you?

or is this on the level of your "two games back to back is NOTHING" claim?

Two games back-to-back sure hurt Pheonix, eh?

I loved how Detroit go stronger as the game went on, taking advantage of the tired Phoenix team --- Oh wait --- that's not what happened.

I don't have to get dangled by Pavel Datsyuk and Justin Abdelkader to know that Datsyuk is the better stickhandler.

Just the same, I don't need to be hit by Abdelkader and Tootoo to know that Tootoo hits harder.

Tootoo is one of the hardest hitters in the NHL and has been for years.

Abdelkader is not.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Two games back-to-back sure hurt Pheonix, eh?

I loved how Detroit go stronger as the game went on, taking advantage of the tired Phoenix team --- Oh wait --- that's not what happened.

I don't have to get dangled by Pavel Datsyuk and Justin Abdelkader to know that Datsyuk is the better stickhandler.

Just the same, I don't need to be hit by Abdelkader and Tootoo to know that Tootoo hits harder.

Tootoo is one of the hardest hitters in the NHL and has been for years.

Abdelkader is not.
To be fair, I haven't seen Tootoo give a hit that wasn't also a charge in his entire time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->