GDT: [Game #9] Dallas Stars @ Winnipeg Jets - 7:00 PM CT (BS-SW+)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i mean, great dekes, but connors goal felt like he was no longer moving.. i guess thats kind of still considered forward motion :/

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
He does that move every singe time. Goes far left then tries to sneak it 5-hole

Missed the mark by at least a foot this time.

Two great moves by Winnipeg shooters. Must be nice to have players with that type of skill.

Dallas got a point and that's probably what they earned.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
i mean, great dekes, but connors goal felt like he was no longer moving.. i guess thats kind of still considered forward motion :/

I kinda forgot that rule existed. They don't seem very strict with it, I can't remember anyone getting a goal disallowed on an attempt like Connor's.

Also, .444 hockey, and it looks like it too.

Edit: Mr. Heiskanen has a new bestie.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That absolutely dreadful second period should've lost them the game in regulation. Can't just take most of a period off . I don't like Robos shootout moves . He just shoots. It works at times but its not a reliable move

Reactions: Elysian

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
That absolutely dreadful second period should've lost them the game in regulation. Can't just take most of a period off . I don't like Robos shootout moves . He just shoots. It works at times but its not a reliable move

Not to mention that OT was one of the most thorough asskickings I've seen in an OT in a while. It might have been worse than many of the ones we saw last year, except that they usually ended much more quickly. The only positive from that OT was that we didn't get scored on.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Positive note: I thought Harley looked decent with Miro. Much better than Esa.. he belongs on the third pairing at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1 point in 9 games for Roope. Damn

Doesn't feel like that would be possible with how he plays every game but here we are

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I don't know how anyone in that locker room could respect Bones and want to play for him when he does shit like bench Gurianov but keeps Kero and Comeau in the line up. The players know who the better player is. Gurianov isn't lighting the league on fire but nobody on the team is under this staff. At least Gurianov has shown he has ability. Kero is just a career AHLer. Bones is going to lose the room if he hasn't already.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Gurianov is benched is because guys don't want to play with him since his mistakes at both ends of the ice make his linemates look bad.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Gurianov is benched is because guys don't want to play with him since his mistakes at both ends of the ice make his linemates look bad.
The team that consistently makes mistakes in both ends doesn't want to play with a player that does exactly what the rest of the team does?

I'd be pretty surprised, I gotta say.

Reactions: David Castillo

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
On the trade board, someone said Ottowa is looking for a top 9 FW. Wonder if the Stars are at the point where they would trade Guri to the Eastern conference to pick up some prospects or picks?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
On the trade board, someone said Ottowa is looking for a top 9 FW. Wonder if the Stars are at the point where they would trade Guri to the Eastern conference to pick up some prospects or picks?

Ottawa's already seen us twice, can't imagine they'd be too interested.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
This team reminds me of the pre Montydrunkness 1-7-1 stars . They need some bounces so guys can get there confidence and catch fire . You know hintz isn’t going to be this snake bitten for long . Guys are gonna start to score but we are wasting these games that we actually have a fully healthy team .

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
This team reminds me of the post Montydrunkness 1-7-1 stars . They need some bounces so guys can get there confidence and catch fire . You know hintz isn’t going to be this snake bitten for long . Guys are gonna start to score but we are wasting these games that we actually have a fully healthy team .

Yes, I was thinking the other night that we need that Radulov moment where someone just decides they are sick and tired of losing and they aren't gonna take it anymore. Should be one of Benn, Rads, Miro or JK to be most effective.

Reactions: Sports2 and Bfantz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad