GDT: [Game #9] Dallas Stars @ Winnipeg Jets - 7:00 PM CT (BS-SW+)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #09 – 11/02/2021 – 7:00 PM CT – BS-SW+
Canada Life Centre

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Winnipeg Jets
3-4-1, 7 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 4-2-2, 10 pts

STATS

O7NHdTP.jpg
Emes7iF.jpg

:stars
vsV97aH.png
:jets

Stars
j7g3fOA.png
QP8XUIe.png
7yB2zXn.png

8Ye99rm.png
Xy5H8jn.png
LnF7Q27.png

bNfLSg7.png
yX5z5uK.png
1lgZhLo.png

fB5lrh6.png
CFMNvq4.png
JHFYi8B.png

DpkaJIF.png
1PAgWWq.png

KQciTzi.png
FNS31xJ.png

9i2pcHq.png
XgXIryF.png

bwNY1us.png

Jets
Connor - Dubois - Svechnikov
Stastny - Copp - Ehlers
Lowry - Scheifele - Wheeler
Harkins - Nash - Vesalainen

Morrissey - Schmidt
Dillon - Pionk
Stanley - Demelo

Comrie

iug5VMR.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Hintz makes $3m a year and carried this team with an aging vet and a rookie last year. I’m not too interested in his luck or any stats about him. I want to see someone tell it like it is about Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin for the offensive black holes they are.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Hintz makes $3m a year and carried this team with an aging vet and a rookie last year. I’m not too interested in his luck or any stats about him. I want to see someone tell it like it is about Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin for the offensive black holes they are.
stick around for 5 minutes, you'll see it a plenty.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

You could always bookmark the f***ing horseshit incident. When’s the last time an owner put his own players on blast like that? Ironically don’t think it was justifiable at the time, but probably is now. Either way, you can scream from the rooftops, but we’re stuck with them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What is this powerplay one timer of which Bowness speaks?

Here's the thing: Bowness isn't wrong. Any coach would be benching Gurianov for his absolutely shit play and beer league level turnovers. Gurianov has been a huge liability.

But I'm also putting blame on Bowness for not finding ways to get Gurianov's one timer going.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

Here's the thing: Bowness isn't wrong. Any coach would be benching Gurianov for his absolutely shit play and beer league level turnovers. Gurianov has been a huge liability.

But I'm also putting blame on Bowness for not finding ways to get Gurianov's one timer going.

Russian Jesus continues to die for this team's sins, and Bowness' inability to use his player's talents.

He hasn't been good, but neither has anyone else. He's just the most contractually convenient player to kick around. Also, he's going to get benched for someone like Tanner Kero or Blake Comeau. I'd bet good money that even with Gurianov's flaws that he is going to make a much more positive net impact than either of these two clowns combined over a season.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

There are much worse, much higher paid players on this team than Guri that deserve to be eating scratches. Bowness' claim that his 5v5 play isn't on the level are also horses***.

This team has the 2nd worst 5v5 play in the league, Guri is a scapegoat for Bowness' terrible coaching. The guy with the 5th lowest ATOI on the team isn't the problem.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Bones has to go holy shit this guy doesn’t know how to coach. There’s a reason he’s been a life long assistant. The run in the bubble was a one off and now his bad coaching is gonna cost of two consecutive years of playoff hockey. Send Bones to Pasture along with Nill and let’s get some fresh perspectives up top.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Edit: I used 'all situations' mistakenly, which will make certain guys look really bad compared to him in an unfair way. The fancy stats for Gurianov look less favorable at just 5 on 5, but also show he really isn't in some otherworldly realm of bad as compared to the other guys:

upload_2021-11-2_17-46-25.png

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There are much worse, much higher paid players on this team than Guri that deserve to be eating scratches. Bowness' claim that his 5v5 play isn't on the level are also horses***.

This team has the 2nd worst 5v5 play in the league, Guri is a scapegoat for Bowness' terrible coaching. The guy with the 5th lowest ATOI on the team isn't the problem.
There's bad. Sure, plenty of guys are losing races and puck battles, but a lot of those flaws aren't something that can be fixed. Benching Benn isn't going to make him faster.

But none of those other guys playing poorly are whipping passes right onto opponents' sticks like Gurianov. That's an unforgiveable sin to NHL coaches. This isn't unique to Bowness. Gurianov's problems are all in his head.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Yeah, Guri has the talent but he's been awful with turnovers and over his career.

Maybe this is the wake up call he needs? Not sure what else you guys want Bones to do? He's not sitting Seguin or Benn.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Bowness is such a garbage coach... it's unbelievable.

As much as Gurianov is frustrating to watch, I think he would succeed—in relative terms—on a team that doesn't try and strangle any offensive talent from players.

Nelson: Should we put Gurianov back onto the half-wall on the powerplay where he scored the winner to send us to the SCF?

Bowness: **** him, we'll put him into the high slot where he can't utilize his best asset, and then blame him for not fitting into our system of bashing the puck up the boards and hoping for the best!

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
It is true, but also just absurd considering how the team as a whole is playing. For whatever reason, Gurianov is constantly held to some higher standard than the other players around him. That's what makes it so distasteful to me. Sekera had a horrific game, and has generally been very bad, and yet, I don't see some comment about him being healthy scratched. Not to mention the absolute war crime that has been Seguin and Benn on the ice this season, along with the usual grinder suspects we've all grown used to. One player on this team is constantly singled out, that is not going to motivate anybody.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It is true, but also just absurd considering how the team as a whole is playing. For whatever reason, Gurianov is constantly held to some higher standard than the other players around him. That's what makes it so distasteful to me. Sekera had a horrific game, and has generally been very bad, and yet, I don't see some comment about him being healthy scratched. Not to mention the absolute war crime that has been Seguin and Benn on the ice this season, along with the usual grinder suspects we've all grown used to. One player on this team is constantly singled out, that is not going to motivate anybody.
In some ways, doesn't it say something about team expectations about certain players, though. And not in a good way. It looks like Bowness is picking on Gurianov and letting others slide when it may also be that Bowness knows no amount of motivation is going to make those other guys better players because they are what they are.

Reactions: Sports2

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gurianov turnovers are really bad but is benching him Tanner Kero really the answer here ? The team also really has not made use of his shot for age and thats on the coaches

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
In some ways, doesn't it say something about team expectations about certain players, though. And not in a good way. It looks like Bowness is picking on Gurianov and letting others slide when it may also be that Bowness knows no amount of motivation is going to make those other guys better players because they are what they are.

I mean, yeah, that's the other side of the coin. That's why I said 'most convenient contract', he's taking all his frustrations out on the guy with the most tenuous position on the team who is actually good at hockey. Also, every time he does this, he sinks Gurianov's value a little bit more, all while pissing him off and stripping him of confidence. It's a Bowness seminar in bad leadership. With how conservative hockey is, the public callout in hockey is the equivalent of your boss calling a meeting, calling you forward, and pissing on your shoes in front of everyone.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ah yes, Gurianov was the only problem. The team will be great now everyone else has been fantastic of course

Bowness looking for a scapegoat. Gurianov had an awful game vs Ottawa sure, but the difference between him and Jamie Benn/the Seguin line right now is his mistakes ended up in the back of the net unfortunately.

Oh well, this team could afford to lose some speed out of their lineup.

Pumped to see Harley tonight tho...just don't make a single mistake or you're done Thomas

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad