GDT: [Game #9] Dallas Stars @ Edmonton Oilers – 8:00 PM CT (BSSW)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Seguin got slashed on the hands by RNH on that failed clearing

Knew we were going to have to beat the refs as well but damn

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Second game back from injury. Probably well below 100% but playing because he knows how screwed they are without him.

Thanks for the info. I haven't been following the league as a whole closely this season, but it seemed like something was definitely off.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No problem. Wedgewood gave up three and only three. The last two were some wild shit, too. But he also made good saves after getting to three. He was toying with their emotions.

Hard to bitch when you keep winning lol. LFG stars
My complaint is like this: if this is them playing bad, the league isn't going to like when they're giving a full 60 minutes of top play.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oilers are one of the last teams I'd wanna play going into the 2nd night of a back to back with our backup goalie in net.

And yet we came out with the win. Love it. I had this game and Saturday down as for sure losses. Let's hope they change it up Saturday too

Reactions: Magic Mittens

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Oilers are one of the last teams I'd wanna play going into the 2nd night of a back to back with our backup goalie in net.

And yet we came out with the win. Love it. I had this game and Saturday down as for sure losses. Let's hope they change it up Saturday too
Vancouver has had our number recently for some reason

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
No problem. Wedgewood gave up three and only three. The last two were some wild shit, too. But he also made good saves after getting to three. He was toying with their emotions.

My complaint is like this: if this is them playing bad, the league isn't going to like when they're giving a full 60 minutes of top play.

I like what Razor said too - “They have the 2nd worst powerplay in the league and I love it.” Basically went on to say if you have this record with that bad of a powerplay you’re killing it on 5v5 and PK.

Reactions: LT

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Congratulations to Sam Gagner on winning the 2023-24 Stanley Cup! So happy for him!

O wait, that celebration was for a 2-4 goal in a November game? My mistake.

Lol yeah I was put off by it at first too but I guess he hasn’t played since 2020 so it made sense after that.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
A win's a win. :P

1698984202944.png

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Gagner celebrating like he did energized his team. Hockey players are just behind in the sports meta tbh

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Great game to watch as a hockey fan.

Roope amazing.

If Dallas go and beat the hit Canucks and roll 8-1-1 record...start making noise!

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Morning!

Great win, a lot of good performences over the line.

Thought: Isn't Miro skating backwards a tad too long at times resulting in being outskated when he turns around? Sometimes it leads to something that reminds of breakaways (he always catch up a bit to disturb the attacker, but still).

Edit: I wonder how many other #1 centres in the league who would sacrifice life and family to block shots in the way Hintz did at the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: catters078

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Teams depth is so good that outside of Miro everybodies minutes are incredibly low. Not a single forward even averages 18 minutes so far. Robertson is 97th in the league in minutes per game with 17:46

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Teams depth is so good that outside of Miro everybodies minutes are incredibly low. Not a single forward even averages 18 minutes so far. Robertson is 97th in the league in minutes per game with 17:46
The boxscore TOI of EDM compared to DAL is very funny.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The boxscore TOI of EDM compared to DAL is very funny.

A clearly hurt McDavid playing more than 25 minutes is just insanity. We're 10 games into the season and the Oilers are playing their best forwards more than some teams play their #1 defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad