GDT: Game #9: Coyotes @ Ducks | 7:00pm AZ | Scripps

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Feels like we should have had both points here. Ah well. This is a good team that's gonna be dealing with bouts of inconsistency this year. Glad to see Crouse bust out and Cooley get his first. Need our top line to step up a little more.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fun game. I like the way this rivalry is shaping up.

Been working great for me. A little bit of a rocky start but the last few games have been great.
Didn't know you only need one for all your TV's.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
So far great. I set it to record NHL hockey game 1 and haven't missed one yet.

f*** Gudas. I hate the ducks more than the kings at this point.

I liked Gudas during the Panthers' run last season. Our only comparable is Liam O'Brien (I know; a forward), who isn't as good in that role. Gudas finishes checks hard, and I didn't see anything dirty from him last night. And he baited McBain into a dumb penalty in the third.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I liked Gudas during the Panthers' run last season. Our only comparable is Liam O'Brien (I know; a forward), who isn't as good in that role. Gudas finishes checks hard, and I didn't see anything dirty from him last night. And he baited McBain into a dumb penalty in the third.
He turtled. McBain, I'm sure, went after him because of the legal hit on Keller. I like Gudas, but he was gutless there. Good for McBain.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Pretty close game, glad we got the point. Our puck movement and skill up front is better than I can remember, maybe all the way back to JR/Walt days. Some sloppy D play needs to be cleaned up but I think the Ducks have a pretty good team too, unlike the Hawks train wreck.
That would be an interesting discussion. Back then our top 5 or 6 forwards were very good, but after that, we were in Bob Corkum/Darrin Shannon territory. Is this a better forward crew than in those years?

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
yes, resulting in the goal that tied the game up I think

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Pretty close game, glad we got the point. Our puck movement and skill up front is better than I can remember, maybe all the way back to JR/Walt days. Some sloppy D play needs to be cleaned up but I think the Ducks have a pretty good team too, unlike the Hawks train wreck.
I thought the second, third, and fourth line played really good. Our first line had a kind of tough night, but have to give the Ducks credit for that. Like you said, the Ducks are a pretty good team. That overtime goal Keller gets up and looks like he is walking to the bench, and Schmaltz was gassed. That was one hell of a goal and shot.

yes, resulting in the goal that tied the game up I think
Nope.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think that we are seeing what we will have in this team for the entire year, a team flirting around the .500 mark. There just isn't enough talent on the D to propel the team into the playoffs IMO.
Agreed.

The plan is likely to keep growing the offence - developing Maccelli, Hayton, Cooley - and having a good team game.

Really gotta hope Maveric is ready next year and Simashev a year later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad