GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Ottawa | 10/28 7PM EDT

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Would not mind Richards going back to last year's pairs - not the righty/lefty combos.

Tyutin / Johnson
Murray / Wiz
Prout / Savard

I could get behind that, at least the top 4 (I'm not sure about the 3rd pairing).

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The only thing I like about Savard is that he has a decent shot. He'll get big minutes as long as Richards is here. Who knows maybe someday he'll actually deserve them.

At any rate, looking forward to the game.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have never understood all the righteous indignation about the treatment of Erixon. He seems pretty average to me. I have no problem with "press boxing " him.

(Did I verb that correctly?)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The only thing I like about Savard is that he has a decent shot. He'll get big minutes as long as Richards is here. Who knows maybe someday he'll actually deserve them.

At any rate, looking forward to the game.

Agree. Same thing with Prout I think. Erixon is more of a finesse guy but he isn't annointed like Murray so I don't see him getting big minutes. Hopefully I'm wrong but we'll see.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I have never understood all the righteous indignation about the treatment of Erixon. He seems pretty average to me. I have no problem with "press boxing " him.

You are not alone. I feel exactly the same way. There's nothing special about Erixon that warrants it, IMO.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Wiz/Murray
Johnson/Prout
Tyutin/Savard

according to Porty/Mitchell.

I think this is probably the best option as far as defensive pairings go. Wiz and JJ have someone to (hopefully) cover them on defense if they decide to play more aggressive. We will definitely need them to if we hope to generate sustained offensive zone pressure.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

You are not alone. I feel exactly the same way. There's nothing special about Erixon that warrants it, IMO.

Actually what I haven't seen, on the ice, is the thing that Richards doesn't seem to like beyond the fact that's he's a left handed shot.

Watching Erixon he sure looks like a future 3/4 and above average on the PP. Some of us remember what he did during the lockout season. Obviously that had an impact far beyond what it had with others. I will say that Erixon's hockey IQ is above both Savard's and Prout's. Savard makes a lot of mental mistakes.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Actually what I haven't seen, on the ice, is the thing that Richards doesn't seem to like beyond the fact that's he's a left handed shot.

Watching Erixon he sure looks like a future 3/4 and above average on the PP. Some of us remember what he did during the lockout season. Obviously that had an impact far beyond what it had with others. I will say that Erixon's hockey IQ is above both Savard's and Prout's. Savard makes a lot of mental mistakes.

I'm guessing you've got an old-school coach who doesn't like having a lightweight defender back there. I see Erixon more or less the same way you do, though his play lately has been underwhelming. Still way above Prout.

I wouldn't put Savard and Prout in the same category IQ wise. Savard is clumsy, but intelligent.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I would do:
Tyutin - Johnson
Murray - Wiz
Erixon - Savard

I don't mind scratching Erixon, but at the moment I DO mind playing Prout. Despite having Johnson, Wisniewski, Savard, and Erixon, Prout remains the standout defensive liability.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Because he's better than one, maybe two dmen in the lineup tonight.

Completely agreed. Erixon and Murray are very similar players but one has a higher ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad