GDT: Game 9 | Calgary Flames @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
This one should be the Wings in the bag, an easy two points but I guess that's why they play the game. Cammalleri and Iginla have both been snakebitten and are both looking for their first goals of the season. Why do I know they'll both score tonight? Either way, here's to the Wings-- the St. Louis win was nice and all, but it's about time we start winning against the lesser teams of the league more consistently.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
dont know what to say. calgary played 4 of 5 at home and has only one win. this is by far the worst team in the league right now.
maybe they are in tanking mode or something like that.

so we better get 2 points. there is no easier way to get 2 points in this league at the moment...

2 of their losses were SO, by 1 goal with Anaheim. I've watched 2 Calgary games and they are no joke, very solid team. They are not tanking. They've had 3 days off, I think you'll be surprised what the "worst" team in the league is all about.

He is back.

Detroit+Red+Wings+Stanley+Cup+Victory+Parade+mOjh9BSleKHl.jpg

In all honesty I am glad he is off to a good start. He does seem like the kind of player that is going to score in this game. I wish him the best when he is not playing us, I think we should still win it. The bigger problem is Iginla has always killed us. With that said the Wings have had great success against Kipper lately as well in my recent memory.

Lets go 4-2 on the prediction, we will get a goal from one of our bottom six lines tonight. I will also enjoy the fact both Brunner and Tatar are significantly faster than Hudler at everypoint tonight.

Iginla doesn't appear to be the threat he once was.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Z40- fantastic GDT. And you are now officially removed from eva unit's christmas card list- just thought you should know. ;)

On paper, the Wings should get the 2 points, but they seem to play down to the level of the competition so it's still a crapshoot. Hoping for Tatar to have a good game, would be great for the bottom 6 to contribute ANYTHING on the scoreboard, and I'd bet the house that Iginla both scores and cross-checks Z in the back at least once. That's how Iggy rolls against the Wings.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Flames Fan here. Good luck to you guys tonight.

Flames are not as bad as their record indicates. Expect a pretty good game tonight! The lines for Calgary have been juggled a bit, so we will see how they go, but Calgary is definitely a 3-line attacking team.

Last year's style of play is a distant memory - I fell asleep watching some Flames' games last year, but this year they are much more exciting.

Win or lose, I am just happy to enjoy an exciting game. Good luck to you guys!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
2 of their losses were SO, by 1 goal with Anaheim. I've watched 2 Calgary games and they are no joke, very solid team. They are not tanking. They've had 3 days off, I think you'll be surprised what the "worst" team in the league is all about.

Iginla doesn't appear to be the threat he once was.

He does when I have watched their games, he has always been a slow starter anyway. But he is threatening, the Flames have a much more open attacking team this year. They are dangerous, Iginla always seems to get his against Detroit, Howard seems to struggle with his shot. The key is limiting his opportunities and shutting down Glencross. He has been very good on the power play. With as bad as our PK is we need to stay out of the box. They do a great job of creating PP's on their own but stupid Bert or Cleary penalties could be a big deal in this game. Also would like to go one game without Kronwall picking up the same interference call, they are calling that this year he needs to adjust on that chip play.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
i don't think he'll be doing that much this year, sadly

+1

I don't think he'll risk getting 5 and a game considering he's our #1 guy. His hits are legal but if Backes got 5 and a game for his hit and cost his team the game I don't see Kronner risking it too much this season.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Flames Fan here. Good luck to you guys tonight.

Flames are not as bad as their record indicates. Expect a pretty good game tonight! The lines for Calgary have been juggled a bit, so we will see how they go, but Calgary is definitely a 3-line attacking team.

Last year's style of play is a distant memory - I fell asleep watching some Flames' games last year, but this year they are much more exciting.

Win or lose, I am just happy to enjoy an exciting game. Good luck to you guys!

Thanks! Same to you aswell.:)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is it true? Cleary's off the PP? ANd what happend to Eaves? Healthy scratch?

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Z40- fantastic GDT. And you are now officially removed from eva unit's christmas card list- just thought you should know. ;)

Thanks. Hopefully, I'll be nominated for the GDT Calder Trophy. :sarcasm:

I will miss those Christmas cards of eva unit's dog wearing a Hudler jersey. The price I pay for giving you all a glorious GDT... :dunno:

Is it true? Cleary's off the PP? ANd what happend to Eaves? Healthy scratch?

Eaves is a healthy scratch to make room for Tatar. Kindl is also a healthy scratch to make room for White's return. Babs clearly likes Lashoff more than Kindl.

patekilla

Jun 24, 2012
Florida
Tonight wil be my first chance to actually see the team play woot! I bought gamecenter and barely get a chance to use it damn work schedules!:rant:

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I wish we had hulder instead of cleary. The Flames seem like a team that Detroit can poach a player from because they are bad. 3-1 Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad