Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - 9 GAMES = 16 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Columbus 0

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Social media has a a way bringing out the worst in some people .

Absolutely. I took a year break from twitter. I've blocked out words, phrases, and people. It's much more enjoyable now. I definitely take breaks now because it's a really toxic place
DECENCY and RESPECT have been disappearing from public life for some time now, and their disappearance is only accelerating. Social media and the internet itself have completely robbed our society of normal social interaction and there has been a loss of certain behavioral norms almost all of us once took for granted.

People who once would have kept their mouths shut or would have been kept in line by the community around them now have a limitless platform to say whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want. And I am sure that we have all seen lately the horrifying results of what internet chirping can lead people into doing.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Bruins officially win Halloween.
Screenshot_20221029_233234.jpg

Screenshot_20221029_233220.jpg

Cliffy as Shrek. Linus as Princess Fiona. Sway as Donkey. Iconic.

Bergy as Maverick. Foligno as Beetlejuice. McAvoy as Hagrid. Smitty as Phantom. Pasta as Maddie Ziegler. Stralman as Dr Evil. Krejci is Ted Lasso. Coyle as Ms Trunchbull. I'm laughing hysterically.

Screenshot_20221029_233310.jpg

Top notch costume by Charlie. Truly.

Honestly. This is so incredible. This team man. This team!

Screenshot_20221029_233301.jpg

Grizz as Dumbledore. Reilly as Harry Potter.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Of all of the visiting fans at the Garden the Leafs have the most. Also, they are great fans. They know their hockey and are friendly. In 20 years, I have not met a Leaf fan that I did not like....Flyers fans however :thumbd:
Agreed. I've met and talked to people from both places. Hands down, Philadelphians can't hold a candle to them.

Nothing wrong with his brain except for speech as far as I can tell but it is getting more & more noticeable.

Maybe Dale Arnold? Or Tom Caron- he does college hockey.
No thanks to both. Way too boring and vanilla.

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Passing 77 would put McAvoy 3rd.

Bourque had 4 first team and 3 second team all-star selections at Charlie's current age.
Before judging Charlie I want to see what a healed, unleashed (from Cassidy) McAvoy will do on the PP point.

This just aint right.

What? Someone dumped on Elvis M? Fans can not only be fanatics but insane. Wishing harm to someone because of a game? Some "people" need to grow up and get a life.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't understand the balls on some people. Who even THINKS like that? Leave the players families alone
Having re-read this and thought about it, I have something to say about your post.

It takes ZERO huevos to post anything like this online. In fact, those among us with the smallest gonads often talk the most shit online. As you might expect, people like this would never say something threatening out loud or with their ‘target’ in the room.

One reason my name is part of my handle here is that own everything I post, and I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing I say here that I wouldn’t say to any of you or anyone else if you were in front of me.

On the very rare occasion that I feel the urge to say something extra salty - I bite my tongue (so to speak). I actually think that if you feel strongly enough about something, you should say it in person face-to-face. If that’s not possible for one reason or another, then you should keep it to yourself.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Having re-read this and thought about it, I have something to say about your post.

It takes ZERO huevos to post anything like this online. In fact, those among us with the smallest gonads often talk the most shit online. As you might expect, people like this would never say something threatening out loud or with their ‘target’ in the room.

One reason my name is part of my handle here is that own everything I post, and I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing I say here that I wouldn’t say to any of you or anyone else if you were in front of me.

On the very rare occasion that I feel the urge to say something extra salty - I bite my tongue (so to speak). I actually think that if you feel strongly enough about something, you should say it in person face-to-face. If that’s not possible for one reason or another, then you should keep it to yourself.
Good policy.

Reactions: rfournier103

aguineapig

Social media has a a way bringing out the worst in some people .
On here for Hockey, YouTube for music, credit union, Social Security and IRA for retirement. Never have been on Facebook, had a cell phone or "followed" anyone let alone Twits tweeting. Am I missing anything? Don't matter to me, all I know is our B's are 8-1!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Before judging Charlie I want to see what a healed, unleashed (from Cassidy) McAvoy will do on the PP point.

What? Someone dumped on Elvis M? Fans can not only be fanatics but insane. Wishing harm to someone because of a game? Some "people" need to grow up and get a life.

Does it really matter when being compared to Ray Bourque?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins officially win Halloween.
View attachment 600800
View attachment 600801

Cliffy as Shrek. Linus as Princess Fiona. Sway as Donkey. Iconic.

Bergy as Maverick. Foligno as Beetlejuice. McAvoy as Hagrid. Smitty as Phantom. Pasta as Maddie Ziegler. Stralman as Dr Evil. Krejci is Ted Lasso. Coyle as Ms Trunchbull. I'm laughing hysterically.

View attachment 600802

Top notch costume by Charlie. Truly.

Honestly. This is so incredible. This team man. This team!

View attachment 600803

Grizz as Dumbledore. Reilly as Harry Potter.
be nice if this team one day becomes a tight bunch instead of a bunch of egotistical individuals :sarcasm:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
On here for Hockey, YouTube for music, credit union, Social Security and IRA for retirement. Never have been on Facebook, had a cell phone or "followed" anyone let alone Twits tweeting. Am I missing anything? Don't matter to me, all I know is our B's are 8-1!
Same here no Facebook twitter Instagram either. No need I really don’t care tgst much about what my friends are doing every second.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Same here no Facebook twitter Instagram either. No need I really don’t care tgst much about what my friends are doing every second.
My daughter made me join FB and also Instagram. I have blocked many on FB. I have been able to catch up with some folks I haven; seen for years. I like seeing photos my daughter posts.

Twitter ...nope

This HF board is where I spend most of my on-line time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad