Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - 9 GAMES = 16 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Columbus 0

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
A professional athlete is seriously injured but his love of the game and heart he keeps competing . And someone refers to him as bum . This makes me think that that person is projecting

Reactions: CDJ

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If the Bruins played .550 hockey for the rest of the season they would end up with 96 points which I think will be enough to make the PO's this season.
Every team that made the playoffs last year in the east had at least 100 points, and the east top to top is kicking the crap out of the west so far this season so I would think its at least 100 to get in again this year.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Every team that made the playoffs last year in the east had at least 100 points, and the east top to top is kicking the crap out of the west so far this season so I would think its at least 100 to get in again this year.
Yes all 8 teams had over 100 points

But WC2 would have made the playoffs last year with 85 points

9th place was the islanders at 84

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Well there were a lot of easy points in the division last year like Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit and Buffalo. All those teams have improved this year. Last year was more the exception than the rule. I'm betting even 94 gets you in this year.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What’s wrong with Dale Arnold or Tom Caron? I don’t mind Jack Edwards, but I can see why some people don’t care for him. If Jack has to step aside for one reason or another, Arnold or Caron are perfectly capable of filling that role. Both know the game of hockey and the Bruins inside and and out.
one Dale is retired from radio, now and retired or semi-retired once Edwards replaced him as PBP alongside Brick... but it's become noticable that something isn't right when you listen to Edwards lately, like botching player names, and in the interviews w/ Monty postgame, that's why you don't see Dale as much doing studio work.

as for TC... his contractual obligations to NESN being the face of Red Sox Baseball, might play a role in why it's not been brought up to him.... much like the rotation of analysts that were brought in when NESN Accomodated the reduced workload on the late Jerry Remy before his passing almost a year.... Adam Pellerin is a Maine native as TC is as you're starting to see him involved as the sideline reporter as well as the host of the Ultimate Bruins show

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Meh. TC started his career out covering the Montreal Canadiens. I'll pass.
since when, Pete.... TC HAS been the voice of hockey in Maine, he's a Lewiston native..... he's been one of a long line of broadcasters to broadcast AHL Hockey in Portland, that started with the iconic Mike 'Doc' Emrick that current broadcaster Michael Keeley has picked up that mantle since he arrived in 2018..... Montreal has never had an affiliation here except as a secondary before they started Trois Rivieres

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
since when, Pete.... TC HAS been the voice of hockey in Maine, he's a Lewiston native..... he's been one of a long line of broadcasters to broadcast AHL Hockey in Portland, that started with the iconic Mike 'Doc' Emrick that current broadcaster Michael Keeley has picked up that mantle since he arrived in 2018..... Montreal has never had an affiliation here except as a secondary before they started Trois Rivieres
Well decades ago, I've heard him call games and I'd rather find someone else.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
one Dale is retired from radio, now and retired or semi-retired once Edwards replaced him as PBP alongside Brick... but it's become noticable that something isn't right when you listen to Edwards lately, like botching player names, and in the interviews w/ Monty postgame, that's why you don't see Dale as much doing studio work.

as for TC... his contractual obligations to NESN being the face of Red Sox Baseball, might play a role in why it's not been brought up to him.... much like the rotation of analysts that were brought in when NESN Accomodated the reduced workload on the late Jerry Remy before his passing almost a year.... Adam Pellerin is a Maine native as TC is as you're starting to see him involved as the sideline reporter as well as the host of the Ultimate Bruins show

:huh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What’s wrong with Dale Arnold or Tom Caron? I don’t mind Jack Edwards, but I can see why some people don’t care for him. If Jack has to step aside for one reason or another, Arnold or Caron are perfectly capable of filling that role. Both know the game of hockey and the Bruins inside and and out.
I personally wouldn't want either of these guys to replace Jack as play by play broadcaster, but if I had to pick one of these two, I'd take Tom Caron

Dave Arnold is better suited for golf

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I personally wouldn't want either of these guys to replace Jack as play by play broadcaster, but if I had to pick one of these two, I'd take Tom Caron

Dave Arnold is better suited for golf
the question is does NESN know that there's a health issue with Jack Edwards.... that's why we're discussing it because you know something isn't totally right there... and as an example botching a easy name like Reilly the way Jack did vs. DAL and every hockey fan knows that Ryan O'REILLY isn't a D-Man nor is a Bruin, and then the post game interviews w/ Monty.....

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
the question is does NESN know that there's a health issue with Jack Edwards.... that's why we're discussing it because you know something isn't totally right there... and as an example botching a easy name like Reilly the way Jack did vs. DAL and every hockey fan knows that Ryan O'REILLY isn't a D-Man nor is a Bruin, and then the post game interviews w/ Monty.....
If Jack is suffering from a debilitating disease, I would think that NESN is well aware of his condition and are keeping an eye on the situation, but he is still one of the best play by play announcers in the league IMO.

..but if they are going to replace him soon, I hope and pray it's NOT Dale Arnold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad