GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
all the shitting on him lately and i've never seen the possibility that maybe he's lost steam a bit towards the end of the year coming off sitting half the season recovering from an injury even so much as raised as a possibility even once
Yeah I guarantee you many here have thought it. Especially posters who moreso watch now instead of indulging in the wasteland that is our GDTs. Just too much fodder for bad faith actors.

Reactions: MagicMann13

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Penguins fan here, probably an enemy for you. But still, wanted to give credit to your team. They played some amazing entertaining hockey. Not only the last three games, also the game in Pittsburgh. Your offense is dynamic as hell. Actually Pens and Wings have pretty similar style and quality. Both teams are flawed but both are dangerous and entertaining. Instead that joke of a team from Washington traps their way into the EN clincher.... Hats off to Detroit, showed some great heart. Sports are weird sometimes.
Get the f*** out of here tonight. Seriously. Now is not the f***ing time for "coming in peace, you guys were spooky".

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
At least we get to watch the Griffins compete
1713320573842.png

Reactions: dj4aces

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
yeah im not saying fire lalonde immediately. Just long term dont think this guy is a winner.
Oh, I totally get it. Maybe he's not. Maybe he is, and we just don't know it yet since this is his first gig as a NHL head coach. I'm not at all going to argue that he's perfect... far from it. He needs to not be afraid to pull a goalie in the middle of a period without one of them being injured, or not be afraid to call a timeout to settle the boys down a bit. Maybe show a little more emotion? No matter... he's not perfect, but maybe this season taught him some things.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd like to see larkin say were pissed off we coughed up a playoff spot and gave it away , we did this to ourselves, debrincat should have f***en scored when I was gone lmao etc... instead of looking like hes gonna cry
Larkin is our best player on ice, outside of the Arina he makes sure team is united, not divided.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Easy there Francis...
Sorry. been a while since I've been hanging on every minute of every Wings game.

And honestly, the "oh, you guys played great, keep your heads up" from other fanbases... particularly the damn Penguins. It'd be like an Ohio State Buckeye walking up to a Michigan Wolverine after the loss to TCU in the playoff a couple years ago.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Oh, I totally get it. Maybe he's not. Maybe he is, and we just don't know it yet since this is his first gig as a NHL head coach. I'm not at all going to argue that he's perfect... far from it. He needs to not be afraid to pull a goalie in the middle of a period without one of them being injured, or not be afraid to call a timeout to settle the boys down a bit. Maybe show a little more emotion? No matter... he's not perfect, but maybe this season taught him some things.
Yeah my thoughts about him are not set in stone just were im leaning atm.

Reactions: dj4aces

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
I heard that too :(
yeah not to read too much into it but he kept referring to the team as "them."

Yeah. I wouldn't read too much into anything they say right now though. Annoyed as we are... they lived it. I'm sure they're all dejected as shit right now. And I have to think Kane always figured he was a short term pickup for the Wings.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I got on Kane at the end here, but I would still take him back but just doesn't feel like a thing that will happen.

Maybe it was me without knowing starting to hate on him for the eventual heel turn to Florida.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Lalonde said we took a next step
.. sounds like someone who wants to keep his job

Were taking steps but its not guaranteed those steps wont be backwards hey Derek lmao

I got on Kane at the end here, but I would still take him back but just doesn't feel like a thing that will happen.

Maybe it was me without knowing starting to hate on him for the eventual heel turn to Florida.
If he goes I trade debrincat and go after reinhart . Enough smurfs on the team

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I hope Dylan Larkin takes a month long vacation to a remote island somewhere. Dude battled injuries, had his wife's second miscarriage and now this highly disappointing end after amazing team heroics.

Get a good reset man, you have earned it and come back with super villain like intensity to take down the league next season.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am surprised we even got this close. Depends on how the offseason goes but I think we make it next year. I honestly think this team beat expectations even though I know a lot of people are upset.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sorry. been a while since I've been hanging on every minute of every Wings game.

And honestly, the "oh, you guys played great, keep your heads up" from other fanbases... particularly the damn Penguins. It'd be like an Ohio State Buckeye walking up to a Michigan Wolverine after the loss to TCU in the playoff a couple years ago.
Felt like being on the same boat after that heartbreaker. Sorry if offended. Our hope was also crushed on that emptynetter. Watched a lot of Detroit lately, had no idea how dangerous that team could be until then. Seriously, you can´t find two more different teams in hockey than Washington and Detroit. Boring trap and f***ing luck wins over dynamic wide open hockey in a legendary undeserved fashion.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Felt like being on the same boat after that heartbreaker. Sorry if offended. Our hope was also crushed on that emptynetter. Watched a lot of Detroit lately, had no idea how dangerous that team could be until then. Seriously, you can´t find two more different teams in hockey than Washington and Detroit. Boring trap and f***ing luck wins over dynamic wide open hockey in a legendary undeserved fashion.
Oh, I'm sorry. I was being quite literal with "get out 'tonight'. We had the rush of Perron's miracle 3 second goal, Torts being a f***ING ASSHOLE, and then Kane limply winning it so we finish tied at 91 points.

I know I personally am just still so annoyed. And yeah, it's so beyond f***in shit that Charlie Lindgren morphed into Patrick Hasek for 120 minutes of hockey and they played 1-3-1 neutral zone trap nonsense.

@Will Hunting, you're a good egg, it's just a bit of a trigger from being a Lions fan for my whole life that everyone wanted to line up and say how surprised they were at how good we were as we got dealt loss after loss after loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad