GDT: Game 82: New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Carolina took care of their business last night on the road.
Let's hope we take care of business tonight at home.
Have 5 days off after tonight no excuses.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
At least playing Tampa is highly unlikely right now. Can't see CBJ losing tomorrow.

But yeah anyway you got Ottawa at home in game 82, 5 days off after, W gets you everything

Should be a playoff feel tonight. I don't think players get up for seeding shit as much as we do but tonight is different I think. Rare opportunity to be able to just win a game and get everything like this

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's amazing how often people say THIS game will be proof of something.
IMO, one game doesn't PROVE anything. A 7-1 thrashing proves they wanted it badly. A 4-3 win or loss, well that could be puck luck, right?
This team has already PROVEN to me, that when we really need a win, they somehow find a way.
Might not always be pretty, but they find a way. They KNOW how to win, most wins (tied?) in the league when trailing at some point, and most wins when trailing, starting the third.(I think)
At home, playing a team with nothing to play for, there's NO excuse to lose. Play hard, like teams have played desperate vs us. They KNOW what's at stake here, they'll win convincingly.

Let's put it this way, watching Carolina vs Chicago and hoping the Hawks would win, did I really believe they would? No. Carolina KNEW they had to win and did.
Would we prefer that this wasn't in OUR hands? We determine who we play and what position we end up in, nobody but the Rangers. It's all the NY Rangers destiny.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Also, looking at the bottom of standings, Ottawa still has a chance to drop down if they LOSE their 2 remaining while Arizona wins their last game vs. Edmonton at home.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we fall behind Carolina, don't we get the Isles?
There's an unlikely scenario whereby if we lose, Carolina also loses, and Boston wins both of their remaining games, we win the division but play WC1.

It would be Boston 1, us 2, Carolina 3.

If we get a point, Boston can't catch us because they have like 43 wins LMAO.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad