GDT: Game 82: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 4/16/24 TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
QW1MB0e.jpeg

y78qlBd.jpeg

Qy5L9CQ.jpeg

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Well here we are, game 82.

A win is a nice end to a tank season, and a loss is good for the tank. So win-win IMO.

Could be the last game for Barron, Dvorak, Harris, RHP, Pezz and Ylonen as they all could be moved or simply leap frogged in the depth chart. I would love to see the ones I've bolded get moved for even a minor return just to clear some space for true upgrades to the bottom 6.

I'd go with Monty for the final game, but Primeau certainly has the door open to Challenge for the starter's role next season. Should be some interesting Drama if both start getting hot at the same time.

I have a feeling the Wings bring their A-game, but it should be a good one. GHG

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Looking forward to seeing Mailloux play & Hutson play. Too bad Roy got injured.

Final game. I've enjoyed this season for the most part. Team has worked hard & has at least been in the majority of games. It's been fun watching Suzuki and seeing Slafkovsky grow so much over the year.

It'll be an interesting off-season. We need to move at least one defenseman to make room for Hutson. We need to get rid of Anderson for sure. Of the vets, he's the one we need to prioritize this summer even more so then Gallagher. We'll worry about him in 2025.

Detroit isn't in control of their own fate even if they win tonight, they still need Washington to not gain 2 pts versus Philadelphia. The problem is if that game goes to OT, Flyers are eliminated. They need a regulation win to even have a chance at the playoffs. They could end up in a situation where they have to pull the goalie if the game is tied late. The Caps could get in on an ENG.

I'll be watching that game with a lot of interest, too.

Hope tonight's game is a good one. I'm just enjoying this final game.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Well, we're here. The season finale. We talked about it being a long season, but overall there has been noticeable growth in this team regardless of the final point total. Our young players have developed nicely for the most part and there's a lot to look forward to in the future. A rebuild is long and tough for the fans go through, but I strongly feel we're on the upswing now. Good things are coming.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Press play before reading....

End of the season, and it has probably been my favorite one around these parts. Shout out to all of the posters who make this site what it is...

@donghabs98 and @Runner77 for your amazing GDT's throughout the season. Runner game days are truly a joy with the laughs you start us off with!

@MarkovsKnee @Lafleurs Guy @Lshap @montreal @Treb and all of our mods for keeping this site clean of riff raff and anything that will hurt our fragile feelings!

@OldCraig71 for inspiring me to get better sleeps

@Adam Michaels for keeping us up to date on all our desired tank results! Too much work for one man.

@ChesterNimitz a true gentlemen who frequently offers up amazing insight on Mailloux and any of our other defencemen "in this writers opinion".

@habsfan891 @HabSgt @Gaylord Q Tinkledink @Tuggy for your witty contributions to discussions and GDT's and a collection of the Simpsons Avatars that make you easy to spot!

@Pomee for liking all of my Slaf posts, even when I'm gushing too much

@Goldenhands for your draft insight. Can't wait to see who you predict we pick this year. I may put money somewhere on whatever you say.

@KevSkillz4 for making me wonder all season long if your avatar is actually a picture of yourself

@Skip Bayless @Naslundforever @Rapala @The Gr8 Dane @Team_Spirit @le_sean and everyone else who frequently banters in GDT's.....again.....you rock!

@ReHabs - every true saga needs a villian. You were the villian of this years saga. I hope next year is your redemption story.

Finally.....all of you...every other poster and there are too many of you to name......kudos for being fans of this great team.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Well here we are, game 82.

A win is a nice end to a tank season, and a loss is good for the tank. So win-win IMO.

Could be the last game for Barron, Dvorak, Harris, RHP, Pezz and Ylonen as they all could be moved or simply leap frogged in the depth chart. I would love to see the ones I've bolded get moved for even a minor return just to clear some space for true upgrades to the bottom 6.

I'd go with Monty for the final game, but Primeau certainly has the door open to Challenge for the starter's role next season. Should be some interesting Drama if both start getting hot at the same time.

I have a feeling the Wings bring their A-game, but it should be a good one. GHG
RHP is not in the same category as Pezz, Ylonen, etc. Last night's game he showed exactly what he can bring. Remember he was injured earlier, but with a full summer of training I think he comes back as good as last season.
I'd get rid of every player you listed before I even think of moving RHP.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Anderson need to finish the season on a good note and go after Seider. He took multiple run last night and need retribution.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Do the Habs really want to win, and by doing so fall 2 spots in the draft order (behind Arizona and Ottawa)?

I would think they are playing half the farm in the last game, to secure an even better draft pick. In situations like this, it’s probably better to think long term for the franchise.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Do the Habs really want to win, and by doing so fall 2 spots in the draft order (behind Arizona and Ottawa)?

I would think they are playing half the farm in the last game, to secure an even better draft pick. In situations like this, it’s probably better to think long term for the franchise.
Of course the players want to win. The fans on the other hand......

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Detroit looked like noway they were going to lose late last game; expecting more of the same.

Still hoping for a power play at some point for the Hutson show!

Reactions: waitin425

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013

Like a 6-5 win for the Wings in regular would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad