GDT: Game 82: Columbus at Toronto | 4/9 6PM

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
MY thoughts on the evening as a first timer visiting the Air Canada Centre. This is a cool place to watch a game. I sat next to some nice and knowledgable hockey fans who genuinely have a passion for the game.However, they were begging the game to get to overtime to avoid the Caps. Also had Boone Jenner's uncle sitting in the row behind me.

I had my Matt Calvert jersey on so I was happy he scored. I thought he was quite noticeable with his effort tonight and played a strong game. I also thought that Gabriel Carlsson did not look out of place one bit and had some nice passes and positioning. I think he can really challenge for a spot next year if he puts on a bit more weight.

One other item of note today, I met Wayne Gretzky's dad at Wayne's restaurant in downtown Toronto before the game. I'm assuming he is a regular there and he was walking around and greeting people in our seating area, signing autographs and taking pictures with people.

Wayne has him working as a bus boy

Seriously you know you are a good player when people want pictures and autographs with your dad

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Thank goodness they won a game before the playoffs. Can you imagine going into this series on a 7 game losing streak? That's all anyone would be asking the players about. That's all we would be talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad