GDT: Game 82: Columbus at New York Islanders | 4/11 7PM EDT

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Never been more proud of a team I root for . Injuries decimate the team , and they play balls to wall to the very end . We're about to go on a special run boys

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wennberg is going to be special IMO. Maybe not quite Johansen good, but close.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Well, that's a little hard seeing as some of those 'home' games actually had more opposing fans

LOL. The games against the Pens and Hawks for sure. Detroit didn't bring their legion of fans as much as I recall in the past, but they may have been weekday games, can't remember...of course, they're probably coming from Westerville or Gahanna anyways.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets set record for most goals in season with 227. Didn't think offense would be this team's calling before the season started, but who could have seen the production from Foligno and Harty, and offense from guys like Cotton, who did squat in Dallas.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
As the season closes, I want to thank everyone for keeping me entertained, at times angered, sometimes frustrated but mostly energized all season long. Sharing observations with all of you as we watch the games is truly fun for me. Enjoy the playoffs; and like me, anticipate a great year next season!!

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
So, after a season, is it safe to say the Hartnell-Umberger trade is the most lopsided (in the Jackets favor) traded in team history?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So, after a season, is it safe to say the Hartnell-Umberger trade is the most lopsided (in the Jackets favor) traded in team history?

The only one I can think of to challenge it was the Bobrovsky one

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
They won those games 3-0 vs. Hawks & Pens. Probably because they seemed like Away games.:nod:
149866.jpg

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Jackets set record for most goals in season with 227. Didn't think offense would be this team's calling before the season started, but who could have seen the production from Foligno and Harty, and offense from guys like Cotton, who did squat in Dallas.

We actually scored 236 this season, most of all non-playoff teams except Dallas

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Had to miss this one for family reasons but I'm so glad we won. I'm so dammed proud of this team. Never quit. I can't wait for September.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
What happened at the beginning of the game with Tavares and Letestu?

I don't think anything happened between those two. Boulton came up high on an open-ice hit on Letestu right in front of the Jackets' bench, and that started a couple of scrums and probably led to the Prout-Boulton fight later. CBJ seemed to be playing Tavares hard all night...don't think it was anything he did but probably just part of the gameplan.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We beat a lot of very good teams needing points down the stretch and took the President's Cup team to OT in their house.

Doesn't matter if there was no pressure or not, that is the sign of a very good team. It will be interesting to see if we can start the season well. I'm curious to what we'll see in the offseason. Lot's of big decisions to be made.

If there is a team that "deserves" to win the draft lottery, it could very well be this team. I don't think I've seen a lottery team play like that down the stretch before. Having said that I'll just be happy of Buffalo doesn't win it. That front office tried to lose and blatantly.

As far as tonight. Very high intensity yet quite sloppy. I'd like to see us clean things up next season. Having said that, this was another example of the clutch attitude our players have had. It was awesome to kill that crowd at the end. I'd prefer to do that to win a playoff round.

We really need to start winning games a little easier at some point. We haven't seen too many of the games like we had in Toronto and have to constantly come back in games. As good as we played there is a lot of room for improvement. I'm looking forward to next season. Nice way to end a disappointing season.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Dubi is the man, to get a couple teeth knocked out, come back, and drop the gloves with a guy(even though the guy declined) and score a goal is awesome, his injury was the most significant, close with Bob, but when he plays, he drags the team into the fight.

I'm glad they finished 15-1-1, draft be damned, I'm excited for next season and I would have been depressed all summer if they tanked down the stretch.

We should have a meet up for the draft, put some faces to the nicknames! Drink some beers. Have a good spring, it's been fun and frustrating "debating" with a lot of you. See you closer to draft time boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad