GDT: Game 82 | Carolina @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Not a good season but my gosh, so many great moments in this final game. A good way to end the year.

Edit:
LDBB first goal
Malatesta 2nd in last two games
Z sets assist record
Z ties for most points in a season for D
Greaves some great saves
Brindley debut and looked fine
Rimer final call

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Del Bel Belluz scores a goal early in the game

Pascal Vincent: “We don’t know want that kind of Harlem Globetrotter crap around here. That kid is getting less than 10 minutes tonight. That Brindley kid is doing it the right way. He has no shots on goal. None of that Globetrotter BS in his game. I’ll play him 12 minutes.”

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Based on Rimers comments , the cbj must have forced him to retire/ resign
If I recall correctly it’s been hinted that his wife isn’t in the best health and that’s why he’s retiring. Not sure if accurate though

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Del Bel Belluz scores a goal early in the game

Pascal Vincent: “We don’t know want that kind of Harlem Globetrotter crap around here. That kid is getting less than 10 minutes tonight. That Brindley kid is doing it the right way. He has no shots on goal. None of that Globetrotter BS in his game. I’ll play him 12 minutes.”
can’t have one night, can we

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
A couple of final thoughts.

The new kids played freely and not bogged down by a system or what they should or shouldn't do. Plenty of time next season for the coaching staff to beat that out of them if they stay.

Malatesta could easily become my favorite CBJ player since Matt Calvert once he gets comfortable in the NHL. Maybe that is still another year away but I like what he brings once he'll get an opportunity to get under the skin of the other teams more.

Reactions: Indy18

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just hope they don't replace Rimer with someone who sucks.

We obviously make fun of when he screws up names but if you look at his overall body of work he was a good one who probably didn't get enough credit because he didn't do national coverage.

If we had hockey players who had the career that Rimer has had has a broadcaster we'd never miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Viqsi

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Was cool to see Luca Del Bel Biv DeVoe Belluz score in his debut, coming out of the penalty box, no less.

That was a fantastic ending to an awful season.
Now we wait to see whats next for this franchise
Agreed. I feel more optimistic about this team moving forward after the end of the season than I have in quite a while. But if you're stranded in the wilderness for two weeks, starving, you'd feel good after eating a box of Twinkies, too. And that's kind of what this feels like. Yeah, it looks like we've got some stuff to look forward to, but all of this feel-good stuff happened long after things stopped mattering. So I don't know how seriously I should take it.

The biggest revelation of this season may turn out to be Nylander. If he's finally cracked the code, he can be a big piece on a separate line once we get Laine and Gaudreau playing the way they can.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I just hope they don't replace Rimer with someone who sucks.

We obviously make fun of when he screws up names but if you look at his overall body of work he was a good one who probably didn't get enough credit because he didn't do national coverage.

If we had hockey players who had the career that Rimer has had has a broadcaster we'd never miss the playoffs.

I’m sorry, my degree is in broadcasting and while he is a great guy, I muted the television broadcasts for years now. He constantly got players wrong, he gets excited over nothing plays and doesn’t get excited over over legitimate exciting plays.

There’s no doubt the person that comes in is going to be better. He won’t be as nice as person, but I will get much more out of the broadcasts.

Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Didn't watch because I couldn't find it except for a site that kept freezing but from the stunning reviews I am extremely psyched for next year's run to the Cup.

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’m sorry, my degree is in broadcasting and while he is a great guy, I muted the television broadcasts for years now. He constantly got players wrong, he gets excited over nothing plays and doesn’t get excited over over legitimate exciting plays.

There’s no doubt the person that comes in is going to be better. He won’t be as nice as person, but I will get much more out of the broadcasts.
Sure, But many "broadcasters" come across as bland, over-coached and "fake" with no personality. He hasn't had the length of career he has had by being shitty.

There is not one style for everything. At least he's not Jack Edwards.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Incorrect.

Correct.
I agree with the narrative being put out there .. but if anyone has the postgame , I’m going to try to find .. he made some comments about staying employed with the bluejackets after this year .. which wouldn’t seem to jive with him retiring to be with his wife

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I agree with the narrative being put out there .. but if anyone has the postgame , I’m going to try to find .. he made some comments about staying employed with the bluejackets after this year .. which wouldn’t seem to jive with him retiring to be with his wife
My source is Rimer himself - when I did the alumni fantasy camp, I got to speak with him and he said his wife is not in great health, so he's retiring to spend time with her.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad