GDT: Game 82 | Carolina @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Isnt learning the PP too much with everything else for Brindley? :sarcasm:

Congrats kid, gonna be a hell of an NHLer

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
For those who don't know (possibly everyone) and even for those who don't care (maybe everyone), Brindley's father was a long time minor leaguer who played for-one guess-the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.

A decent skater who contributed offensively as a defenseman and who didn't shy away from the physical part of the game best I can recall. Got traded to the Florida Everblades near the end of his lone season as a Cyclones player.

Settled in the Fort Meyers area after he retired and that's where Gavin was born. Gavin developed as a player in South Florida which still blows my mind-but it's not all that uncommon.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think the Pyyhtia - Danforth - Brinkley line might be very funny line. 🙂 And the Malatesta - Kuraly - Olivier line ... :box:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Both teams fielding preseasonesque rosters, one team is choosing to and the other is out of necessity
Honestly, Almost makes me want to bail and go to the Columbus Clippers game to enjoy the weather today. I've spent most of the afternoon working on my back patio.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Rims and Bobby Mac will be referring to Canes players by their numbers only.
Quoting myself here to segue into a little storytime.

Back during the heyday of the Chill, you learned that the roster management for an ECHL club was pretty much seat-of-pants. There was a game for which the Chill rostered a player for whom there was no context - he was apparently brought in the day of the game and given a sweater with a number but not in time to add his name. And given that information was not as instantaneous as it is now, there was literally nothing anyone knew about this guy.

Until he started throwing with just about anyone from the opposition. He'd run anyone and drop with anyone. I don't know how many fights he had but at some point the crowd started chanting "Number 8! Number 8! Number 8!" Because we didn't know his name.

We learned later his name was Justin McPolin. See his stats here. He remained with the team and had a reasonable tenure.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
They did this only to insure that Rimer's last game will contain a Hall of Fame number of verbal miscues.

A cruel sendoff.

Truly the ultimate tribute to Rimer is giving him names he won’t get right. I hope Carolina has someone special they are calling up, too.

I think we should change our goal song if one of our little wings scores.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad