Post-Game Talk: Game 81 - THANK YOU WHALERCANES!!!! Game 82 now counts!!!! BRUINS 5 Ottawa 2 FINAL!!!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
NJ is solid and very hot. But, I'd rather face them than Toronto for two reasons: 1) Toronto gets a lot of PP opportunities and cashes in on them. That can be deadly in the playoffs, especially when Boston has trouble getting PPs. 2) A Toronto series would be more draining, which would be more tough for the Bs going into the second round. NJ could very well beat the Bs, and so could Toronto. If the Bs play their game they will beat either team, but I'd rather roll the dice with NJ.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It may actually be a blessing that the last game is meaningful, I think it helps to keep that compete level going and be ready for when the playoffs start, if it were a meaningless game I think that is where bad habits and lazy plays can creep into your game. So rather keep the tempo up and get First Place then pick it up even more for the playoffs.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great to get back in the W column. When this team needs a lift, the 4th liners come through.

Good game by Dobby!

DeBrusk had a rough game, colliding with a player and the boards. Hope he's okay.

Get Rick Nash back tomorrow and one more step to getting everyone back in the winning groove as we head into the playoffs.

Go Bruins!!

Reactions: Chief Nine

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
3F7F6BFF-3953-4945-B33E-3299A9388344.jpeg
Old photo but I likes it !!

Reactions: Alicat

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
NJ is solid and very hot. But, I'd rather face them than Toronto for two reasons: 1) Toronto gets a lot of PP opportunities and cashes in on them. That can be deadly in the playoffs, especially when Boston has trouble getting PPs. 2) A Toronto series would be more draining, which would be more tough for the Bs going into the second round. NJ could very well beat the Bs, and so could Toronto. If the Bs play their game they will beat either team, but I'd rather roll the dice with NJ.

Good point though id rather roll the dice against a choking underachieving franchise than one who has owned us in the past, won Stanley cups, and who is playing hot and out for revenge against Marchand

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Agree completely but I think you left out one thing- in the second round they would face Tampa. We need home ice against Tampa. It’s gigantic.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Do not take NJ lightly, I would rather play the Leafs to be honest. It would have been a fluff fest going into the second series. NJ can hit a ton and will be a hell of a difficult out.

Only thing that would scare me vs the Leafs is the NHL and the dozens of power plays that would get.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Draining on the ice and off with the media circus that will follow Toronto.

Also, any team playing Toronto will also be playing the Refs-at least in Toronto.

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Draining on the ice and off with the media circus that will follow Toronto.

Also, any team playing Toronto will also be playing the Refs-at least in Toronto.
Agreed- they can beat Toronto no problem- beating the league officials + Toronto ....that would be unlikely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad