Post-Game Talk: GAME 81 - So now Game 82 means something - Caps 2 BRUINS 0 F

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agree. Played their last PO testing/intensity type game vs. Pit, fine with load managing until it counts.

Would give a few guys the night off tomorrow too.

Me too. Not fussed who we end up facing in round 1, and surely the lesson has been well and truly learned by now that wishing for this or that opponent is a fool's errand asking for trouble. Rest up the guys who most need it tomorrow, coast through the game, and then see where the chips fall and prepare as best you can for G1. That's all that matters.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Generally I'm one of those who picks and chooses of which team I'd like to see them play or not play yada yada yada...

However I believe tremendously that we have the ability to lose against any team by strategically turning the puck over countless times and playing like a lump of coal if we really don't our minds to it.

Tonite was a prime example.

Reactions: BMC

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think Toronto will try to be a lot more physical than we might expect,they played that way the last game against them ,not good results for them but I think they will play a physical series if the Bruins play them.

If he doesn’t let him walk and spend the money on someone else ,have always liked him but my patience has gone.
They might try, but they just can't. We already know Bertuzzi doesn't take you to the promised land.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Meh, son-in-law is a Caps fan (I know, I know, but it could be worse) so good for him I guess.

And we have Grizz.
We also have that memory game 2 of SC round 2 game 2 overtime vs islanders when Lauzon gift wrapped the game and don’t think ever played another game for Boston

Cassidy was not happy

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I didn't catch much of the game due to hosting company....sounds like it was a good game to miss

They really need to rest some players ....starting a week ago

Reactions: lopey and bme44

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hard to win a game when you only have 8 shots past the half way point of a game, they were not in sync at all, looked like an exhibition game effort, if not for Swayman who was great this would have been real ugly. The intensity better start to pick up when the playoffs start, I hate these games where they seem to mail it in, because it can let bad habits creep in just when you want to be getting into top form.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Lindgren brothers going against each other round 1 (likely)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't catch much of the game due to hosting company....sounds like it was a good game to miss

They really need to rest some players ....starting a week ago
Nobody was rested around nhl other then Edmonton after scoring 9 last night in first 40 minutes

Bruins have 3 days off perfect

Take off from rink tomorrow
Thursday & Friday go over opponent and special teams

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Hard to win a game when you only have 8 shots past the half way point of a game, they were not in sync at all, looked like an exhibition game effort, if not for Swayman who was great this would have been real ugly. The intensity better start to pick up when the playoffs start, I hate these games where they seem to mail it in, because it can let bad habits creep in just when you want to be getting into top form.
When you have a team full of soft players they will use every excuse as to why they played with no intensity. Facts are they don't have that level to get too on a constant basis. This is why I predict a one and done regardless of who we play.

Just can't see this team putting together enough intense games in a short period to win a series.

Hope I'm wrong

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'm starting to wonder if he has a broken wrist or hand. He just won't fire away like he used to. And overall his puck work is not like it used to be. We'll know soon.
His mind is telling him do what you have always done, the body is telling him something else. His style depends on quickness, speed quick cuts and stops, body positioning and leverage, some players can make adjustments in their game as the get older, but to be fair to Marchand, his game is what I mentioned and do not know how he can make adjustments.

Whatever happens it's all about linus and sway. They gotta be solid this time around.
You might have the only solution,

Reactions: The don godfather

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It’s the same group that says rest everyone. Well they can’t do that. Can’t win with some folk
Hey atleast we didn’t have to suffer watching a power play ,only thing about this game that bothers me is they just don’t seem to generate enough shots,especially in the first half of games ,and I worry about that come playoffs when checking can become even tighter.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Searching for a spark​

Jim Montgomery overhauled his power-play units during the morning skate as he continues to search for a spark to ignite the slumping attack.

On his top unit the coach went with David Pastrnak and Danton Heinen on the elbows with Pavel Zacha in the bumper spot, Maroon at the net front, and Kevin Shattenkirk quarterbacking.

On the second unit, Charlie McAvoy was at the point with Charlie Coyle in the middle, Jake DeBrusk at the front, and Brad Marchand and Morgan Geekie on the flanks.

“We need more pace and purpose to our power play and we’re not getting the urgency that we think we need as we build toward the playoffs and hoping this will help,” said Montgomery before the game.

The Bruins never got a chance to unveil their attack, however, as they were held without a power play for the first time all season.

“Maybe we could have had one or two, but that’s a stretch,” said the coach.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
When you have a team full of soft players they will use every excuse as to why they played with no intensity. Facts are they don't have that level to get too on a constant basis. This is why I predict a one and done regardless of who we play.

Just can't see this team putting together enough intense games in a short period to win a series.

Hope I'm wrong
Soft players but Lauzon sucks, he would not help in the hit department............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad