GDT: Game 81: Put Us Out Of Our Misery, Already: Avs @ Golden Knights, 1:30pm MST

Why do you keep watching Avalanche hockey?

• Total voters

Ham Fist

Feb 6, 2014
Boulder
re: the poll

should have included an option: none of the above, i live in colorado so i haven’t seen one game this season.

that’s right i haven’t. was looking forward to the playoffs so i could actually watch a few games lol.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Bednar has lost the thread. One trick pony style of play.

Nothing to play for today or vs the oilers so might as well tank these last two for rest.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
re: the poll

should have included an option: none of the above, i live in colorado so i haven’t seen one game this season.

that’s right i haven’t. was looking forward to the playoffs so i could actually watch a few games lol.

If you wanted to watch the games in Colorado you could. Not really an excuse

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I have come to realize that even after the trades, the Avalanche bottom six is still not that good. It doesn't help that Trenin has been completely useless, Colton has played at a 32 point pace for 2 months, Parise/Cogliano are cooked, Kiviranta is an AHLer, and Miles Wood hasn't scored since Peter Forsberg was lacing 'em up.

This team looks disastrous, as if they're looking forward to Summer vacation ala 2012-2013 Avs.
Trenin had the best scoring chance yesterday. I was at the game and I thought he was the Avs best forward of the game.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If the Avs go out in round 1 again. Is Bednar legitimately in the hot seat? These are supposed to be the last of our contending years.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
If the Avs go out in round 1 again. Is Bednar legitimately in the hot seat? These are supposed to be the last of our contending years.
I think he’s have to be feeling the heat. I am a huge fan of his and think he’s one of the best coaches in the league, like top 3. But you can’t keep status quo if a team isn’t living up to its potential. A big shakeup has to happen sooner than later, be it a core player trade or coach. I don’t think that is likely to happen next year but the chatter will escalate. I’d hope they go out and solve goaltending and give him/the team a chance to redeem themselves first however.

Eh I wouldn’t be surprised if they come out flat again, truth is there’s not much to play for anymore.
I hate the way they are playing but will reserve actual panic for if they perform like this in the playoffs.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
1000032991.jpg

We have f***ing Jekyll and Hyde as a net minder. We need more consistency.

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Do you think the Knights would rather have Edmonton or Dallas in the first round? I guess they best them both last year, but Dallas is probably a better matchup for them. I'm not sure they have a ton to play for as they wouldn't mind dropping into that second wild card.
Yeah, they beat both Oilers and Stars last year, I don’t think they care who they play, but obviously they would like to move up to 3rd in division if they can. You always try to finish as high in the standings as you can

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
View attachment 851704

We have f***ing Jekyll and Hyde as a net minder. We more consistency.
You know I wouldn’t have expected his numbers other than wins in the 3 or less goals to be that good. Give this team 3 goals or less and they have a very good chance to win. The sheer number of 4+ goal games he’s given up is disgusting though

Yeah, they beat both Oilers and Stars last year, I don’t think they care who they play, but obviously they would like to move up to 3rd in division if they can. You always try to finish as high in the standings as you can
I hate that I’m starting to move to a world where Vegas coming out of the West is one of the least bad options. Hate them but they already won so it’s a bit whatever for them to win again if it at least keeps Dallas/Van/Edm/Jets off the board

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You know I wouldn’t have expected his numbers other than wins in the 3 or less goals to be that good. Give this team 3 goals or less and they have a very good chance to win. The sheer number of 4+ goal games he’s given up is disgusting though

I hate that I’m starting to move to a world where Vegas coming out of the West is one of the least bad options. Hate them but they already won so it’s a bit whatever for them to win again if it at least keeps Dallas/Van/Edm/Jets off the board
I usually don’t have any strong preference who I want to win if it’s not the Avs, but LA would be the team I’d cheer for if Avs were out and LA was still in it. If not LA, I actually wouldn’t mind the Jets going far if they beat the Avs.

f*** Vegas and their LTIR bull shit. I don’t want them to win it again. I don’t like Dallas so screw them too. Screw the Oilers too I guess. Vancouver is whatever for me. I wouldn’t mind Nashville making a run. I guess i just cheer for underdog when Avs are out

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Anyone who doesn’t want to feel too badly if Avs lose to the Jets in the 1st round, put some money on Jets to win the series. It’s plus money as the Avs are the favorites. Don’t bet too much so if the Avs do win, you lose a lot, but just bet enough that you get some decent return. Too bad we still can’t bet here in California but I’d put like $500 bucks on the Jets.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad