GDT: Game 81: Put Us Out Of Our Misery, Already: Avs @ Golden Knights, 1:30pm MST

Why do you keep watching Avalanche hockey?

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Might as well get this gongshow started, there's no way the Avalanche are even competitive in this one let alone come away victorious. Vegas is licking their chops.

Avalanche Lines:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Drouin
Nichushkin - Mittelstadt - Rantanen
Duhaime - Colton - Parise
Cogliano - Trenin - Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
TBD - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev

Golden Knights Lines:

Barbashev - Eichel - Marchessault
Stephenson - Hertl - Dorofyev
Howden - Karlsson - Mantha
Cotter - Roy - Kolesar

Hanifin - Hague
McNabb - Theodore
Hutton - Whitecloud

Hill​

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have come to realize that even after the trades, the Avalanche bottom six is still not that good. It doesn't help that Trenin has been completely useless, Colton has played at a 32 point pace for 2 months, Parise/Cogliano are cooked, Kiviranta is an AHLer, and Miles Wood hasn't scored since Peter Forsberg was lacing 'em up.

This team looks disastrous, as if they're looking forward to Summer vacation ala 2012-2013 Avs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So now that Girard is concussed let's address the elephant in the room:

JJ is going to play top 4 min from now on and some AHLer (Jones?) is going to play defense.

Which means that Bednar will add 5+ min of ice time to Toews and Makar.

Fun times.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

JJ is going to play top 4 min from now on and some AHLer (Jones?) is going to play defense.

Fun times.
It doesn’t matter. We’re getting swept with or without Girard anyway

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Fun times.
That’s not very nice. We shouldn’t need an excuse to speak to Annunen.

• Haha
Reactions: the_fan

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Vegas has a lot more to play for than the Avs. They can still get 3rd in their division. They gonna murder the Avs
Do you think the Knights would rather have Edmonton or Dallas in the first round? I guess they best them both last year, but Dallas is probably a better matchup for them. I'm not sure they have a ton to play for as they wouldn't mind dropping into that second wild card.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I originally voted the missing Stastny option before I realized the one about punishing myself for the mistakes I've made in life. That's the only correct option here for the lot of us. We deserve this.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think they are going to get murdered, truthfully.
Yeah this is the most likely scenario. They're just going through the motions. And most likely will have a short playoffs. There's been a motivation/effort issue for quite some time and I don't see it changing because of another embarrassing loss.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
People are still watching this team?

1713101852737.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Once Stone is back, that Vegas lineup is quite something. Big rangy forwards, the best center depth and super deep defense. They absolutely sweep us like the 08 Red Wings if we ever meet in the playoffs. Stone becomes the next Franzen and drops 9 goals in the series against us.

This game is the kill shot. Another sad performance after last night and that locker room is absolutely dead. We also have the most overrated defense core in the league. Who would've though EJ was the glue that held that unit together.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Another sad performance after last night and that locker room is absolutely dead.
I have been nearly murdered in here when i said that in my opinion there is allready a crack in the locker a few days ago....

Especially between players and our "starter".

Going into the playoffs that way is a receipt for disaster.

Vegas is going to stomp us too today. Everything under 5 would be a "win" for us.....

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Can they just lose already so I can buy my flight tickets and stay for home games :nod: My only wish is to give less than 4 goals !

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
At this point, things are going so uncharacteristically well in my personal life that I fully expect the Avs to lose their next 6 games, subsequently getting swept, to balance things out.

I'm fine with this, not adding any sort of depth to the goaltending and D was never gonna end well anyway.

• Love
Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad