GDT: Game 81: Montreal Canadiens vs New York Islanders 4/12/23 7:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
C0fGKC5.jpg

Pr7dUgt.jpg

eoBkkwB.jpg

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
A little homage for the passing of MAD Magazine's Al Jaffee.

RA0Zc2F.jpg

MAD did cover hockey, like this beaut:

GY9Vvto.jpg

Forgot that there was once a Canadian edition.

HwmjR8t.jpg

RIP Al Jaffee.

Damn blast from the past, remember those, though they weren't common where I live, there were the Croc magazines who were similar, too.

The kind of magazine that wouldn't fare long nowadays.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Islanders just need a point to clinch a playoff spot. They can still get into WC1 if they win tonight and Florida loses Thursday to Carolina.

Our AHL level D should be easy to handle, but Pittsburgh & Islanders have been choking up points left & right to awful teams in the 2nd half, so who knows.

This is a more veteran team now than the one that was working hard during all the injuries. No RHP, Ylonen, Belzile, etc.

Vets seem to be mailing in these last few games, so we'll see how this game goes.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Please lose today, and play as if it was your Stanley Cup tomorrow against the Bruins.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Habs might win this if we had RHP in the lineup.

Alas, without Rafaël Harvey-Pinard in the lineup, this is a guaranteed loss.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is any of Teasdale or Allard moar bigger? I think Islanders have a couple of players I wouldn't like seeing tuned up. But other than that... this is a guaranteed win for the Habs.

LFG!!!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
3 canadian teams in da playoffs. 2 of them are leafs and peg... i think i want both to lose soundly in the first round. But... according to TSN... leafs has set the physical tone with the Lightning last night so I guess they are winning it all...

Sigh... another useless playoffs without Habs in it.

A little homage for the passing of MAD Magazine's Al Jaffee.

RA0Zc2F.jpg

MAD did cover hockey, like this beaut:

GY9Vvto.jpg

Forgot that there was once a Canadian edition.

HwmjR8t.jpg

RIP Al Jaffee.
I loved MadTV in its days... was a great show. You looka lika man!

Reactions: Runner77

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Isles fan in peace. We're gonna help do our part tonight to make sure y'all stay locked in 5th best odds for Bedard. Least we can do for the Province that produced Mike Bossy for us. I'd love to see Bedard as a Hab to stick it up Toronto's ass for years to come.

Pls help us in return to make the playoffs tonight. I will love you forever.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm rooting for the the Isles (not rooting against the Habs... this has nothing to do with our tank, wink wink) but I want them to win so those idiot Penguins will miss the playoffs and they can spend the summer shaking their heads for being trash and not locking up a playoff spot, let alone helping out with tank #2.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm rooting for the the Isles (not rooting against the Habs... this has nothing to do with our tank, wink wink) but I want them to win so those idiot Penguins will miss the playoffs and they can spend the summer shaking their heads for being trash and not locking up a playoff spot, let alone helping out with tank #2.

Not only that but the Pens lost that stupid COVID tournament they should have won making us draft much lower than we should have. Granted we were still able to get Guhle but **** the Pens.

GO NYI GO

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Isles fan in peace. We're gonna help do our part tonight to make sure y'all stay locked in 5th best odds for Bedard. Least we can do for the Province that produced Mike Bossy for us. I'd love to see Bedard as a Hab to stick it up Toronto's ass for years to come.

Pls help us in return to make the playoffs tonight. I will love you forever.
A reasonable request!

RxPens

Oct 7, 2008
Pens fan coming in peace. I would be soooo grateful if you gentlemen could come up with a regulation win tonight against the Isles. Go Habs!

Reactions: cassidy7676

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pens fan coming in peace. I would be soooo grateful if you gentlemen could come up with a regulation win tonight against the Isles. Go Habs!
Doesn't look good.

Those who care got sent to Laval to help them try and make the playoffs.

Monty, who's the Habs best goalie is the back up.

f***ing Drouin and Hoffman are still here.

If you want to lend the Habs Crosby and Malkin for a game and we'll call them Drouin and Hoffman there might be a chance.

Plus, we hab fans get to see not 1, but 2 stud centres in a hab uniform.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad