GDT: Game 81: Coyotes @ Canucks - 7PM - FSAZ+

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Looking forward to watching the Sedins play one final time (I won't be watching Vancouver's game on Saturday; I'll be flipping around between the Coyotes game, probably the Avalanche-Blues game unless the scenario happens where Colorado clinches after game 81, and the NCAA championship game).

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
You'd expect Vancouver to really show up for this one. As Sauna said, it's certainly not a bad game for us to lose. Perhaps Kuemper should get the start :naughty:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I've always liked the Sedins, sad to see them go. I wouldn't mind terribly if we lost and they had great games. Or like a 4-3 win with a Daniel hat trick all assisted by Henrik.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have enjoyed that our team is winning and such, but this is the game i would like to lose. If we win this, we will pass Habs and Nucks in standings

On the other hand, I’d love to pass those teams and not be at the bottom of the trash heap. With how much we get shit on, it might be nice to have half of the Canadian teams actually be worse than us. Then again, what does it really matter? If we lose our last two games it’s not going to kill our momentum.

If given the choice, I’d rather beat the Ducks in game 82. They’re the ones who broke Domingue’s brain and caused us that horrendous start to the season to begin with.

Reactions: Jmmack and Mosby

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
You'd expect Vancouver to really show up for this one. As Sauna said, it's certainly not a bad game for us to lose. Perhaps Kuemper should get the start :naughty:

Pretty sure the plan is Kuemper today and Uncle Antti on Saturday.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Shout out to the Sedin's.....2 of the most underrated/underappreciated players the NHL has seen. World class on and off the ice.....sad they'll never get a shot at hoisting the Cup.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
As weird as the Sedins are, they're class acts and great players and they're guys you just sorta associate with the Canucks forever.
On the other hand, I’d love to pass those teams and not be at the bottom of the trash heap. With how much we get **** on, it might be nice to have half of the Canadian teams actually be worse than us.
We can finish ahead of all 7 Canadian teams, but we'll still get **** on until we win a Stanley Cup.
If given the choice, I’d rather beat the Ducks in game 82. They’re the ones who broke Domingue’s brain and caused us that horrendous start to the season to begin with.
+1

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
It's gonna be weird to see the Canucks without any Sedins next year.

I hope the Yotes play a good game here and do well! Let the chips fall where they may, if the Canucks want a win... they gotta earn it more than the Yotes.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
On the other hand, I’d love to pass those teams and not be at the bottom of the trash heap. With how much we get **** on, it might be nice to have half of the Canadian teams actually be worse than us. Then again, what does it really matter? If we lose our last two games it’s not going to kill our momentum.

I hope we're losing 4-1 in the second period, someone runs Gibson and yells in his face, and we end up winning 5-4 after that point.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Any confirmation on Strome? I figure there’s at least a decent chance he’s sent down today with Tucson starting the playoffs tomorrow.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Any confirmation on Strome? I figure there’s at least a decent chance he’s sent down today with Tucson starting the playoffs tomorrow.

Can we send Keller down too?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Can we send Keller down too?

Keller is waivers exempt but ineligible for the AHL postseason. There are some exceptions (none for which Keller qualifies) but basically you have to be on the AHL roster at the NHL trade deadline to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
so if my math is right, if we lose tonight, we lock up #4 at least, yes?

I think we can still catch DET with a loser point, if they lose to MTL. Wow, big night for spots 3-6 ARI@VAN, MTL@DET, heh.

How about this scenario going into the last day? Montreal wins in regulation, we win in a shootout:

DET-72 (25)
VAN-71 (30)
ARI-71 (27)
MTL-71 (27)

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think we can still catch DET with a loser point, if they lose to MTL. Wow, big night for spots 3-6 ARI@VAN, MTL@DET, heh.

How about this scenario going into the last day? Montreal wins in regulation, we win in a shootout:

DET-72 (25)
VAN-71 (30)
ARI-71 (27)
MTL-71 (27)

crazy set of circumstances. Thanks for the Clarification. I was talking about regulation loss, should of been more specific. so regulation loss clinches at least 4 for us

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Thanks for the good work, but I do suspect Chychrun is out?...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad