GDT: Game 81 | Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 4/5 7PM

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You’re cra

Yoirr crazy man. A blow out? They outshot us by 13, and that’s with us blocking 17 shots too. Why tf would you want pitt when we can’t beat them? You think the loss motivates people, but what if it deflated people, especially Bob?

Who scares me? Crosby, Malkin, Kessel,Hornqvist, Guentzel, Brassard... should I keep going? Doesn’t matter how bad you out play them, or out shoot them. Pitt has elite players who only need 1 chance to win a a game.

Pitt is the only team in the league where I don’t feel confident, even while wining. We have led so many times this year and allowed them to come back and win, we just can’t beat them and I’m scared we won’t be able u til 87 and 71 are gone.
If Your afraid of Guentzel and Brassard the god help you if we have to face a team with actual scary forwards like the lightning. Crosby did nothing at all this game and didn't do shit against us last year either. And do you think we dominated them last year? Because we did what they did tonight every game last year only had less goals. So either you think we dominated tonight (we played like the Pens in the POs last year) or you think we dominated in the playoffs (pens played like us in the playoffs last night) I have a screenshot of pens fans saying that as well in there GDT (That they played tonight dominating possesion and completely outshooting us which is what we did and they said we did in their GDT). While they were doing that we were never in any trouble and we would just need 2 seconds to flip the game because we are faster and more dynamic then ever before which is EXACTLY how they won last year. Their goalie out saved Bob and they were able to score in 2 seconds after being dominated for 10 minutes at a time.

Murray is not an elite goalie. Malkin and Kessel are the only real scoring threats. And our team we played out there wasn't the best team we could Ice. We are going to have Nuti out there with Murray instead of JJ which makes a huge difference. Look at games won when Murray and Nutivaara are paired together vs when they aren't. That means Cole and Savard get moved to less minutes which is good for us. Anderson will have 2 games back to get used to the ice again and we might have Fligs back.

Put it this way
Bob>>>Murray (overall not playoffs or whatever modifier you want to sway the facts just pure skill set wise the 2time Vezna trophy winner and Hart nominee is levels better)
Our team D >>> their team D... (not even a question)

PLD/Bread/Cam =< Malkin/Kessel/whomever
Crosby>Wennberg
Rest of CBJ>>>Pitt

I can't see why anyone who watched last year's playoffs or this game would worry. We dominated last year everywhere but goalie and last night we scored at will but they got 2 lucky bounces and Wennberg gave no effort in OT. I just honestly can't wait to read PITT fans complain after the series about how the refs screwed them or hownhe are dirty or how we were out played but got lucky. It's going to be glorious.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
If Your afraid of Guentzel and Brassard the god help you if we have to face a team with actual scary forwards like the lightning. Crosby did nothing at all this game and didn't do **** against us last year either. And do you think we dominated them last year? Because we did what they did tonight every game last year only had less goals. So either you think we dominated tonight (we played like the Pens in the POs last year) or you think we dominated in the playoffs (pens played like us in the playoffs last night) I have a screenshot of pens fans saying that as well in there GDT (That they played tonight dominating possesion and completely outshooting us which is what we did and they said we did in their GDT). While they were doing that we were never in any trouble and we would just need 2 seconds to flip the game because we are faster and more dynamic then ever before which is EXACTLY how they won last year. Their goalie out saved Bob and they were able to score in 2 seconds after being dominated for 10 minutes at a time.

Murray is not an elite goalie. Malkin and Kessel are the only real scoring threats. And our team we played out there wasn't the best team we could Ice. We are going to have Nuti out there with Murray instead of JJ which makes a huge difference. Look at games won when Murray and Nutivaara are paired together vs when they aren't. That means Cole and Savard get moved to less minutes which is good for us. Anderson will have 2 games back to get used to the ice again and we might have Fligs back.

Put it this way
Bob>>>Murray (overall not playoffs or whatever modifier you want to sway the facts just pure skill set wise the 2time Vezna trophy winner and Hart nominee is levels better)

Crosby>Wennberg
Rest of CBJ>>>Pitt

I can't see why anyone who watched last year's playoffs or this game would worry. We dominated last year everywhere but goalie and last night we scored at will but they got 2 lucky bounces and Wennberg gave no effort in OT. I just honestly can't wait to read PITT fans complain after the series about how the refs screwed them or hownhe are dirty or how we were out played but got lucky. It's going to be glorious.
Hmm. Me? If we have to lose, I prefer to lose to a good team. Don't get this bit: oh sure they beat us but we're better. No. That's not how it works.

Also, if we scored "at will", why didn't we, you know, score more than them? LOL.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
3-2 Florida

:sarcasm:

Still got those games in hand, eh? :ha:

In any case, I congratulate you guys. This is an excellent achievement - getting into the Playoffs with such a weak depth and D zone. Hope you stays at game as long as possible

Thanks. You should change your username to 'geoBobFan6969'. I wish somebody could tell your boy to "get ready" when Kessel is skating into the zone with no other teammates around. Kessel makes him look like an outmatched peewee goalie.

However, you just showed up a bit late. You would have "fit in" perfectly here, for most of the year. 3 months OR 3 weeks ago.

Bobrovsky AND the Bluejackets *** :thumbd:

Panarin AND the Bluejackets ***:thumbu:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Hmm. Me? If we have to lose, I prefer to lose to a good team. Don't get this bit: oh sure they beat us but we're better. No. That's not how it works.

Also, if we scored "at will", why didn't we, you know, score more than them? LOL.
If we lost to the oilers yes we lost but we would still be the better team. And we scored 4 times on 30 shots and hit 2 posts and Calvert just completely fumbled the puck with an open net for another. Bob just got beat by 2 fluke bounces it happens. Doesn't mean the better team won. Watching that game it was pretty obvious who the better team was.

Kessel is a f***ing beast and a threat though. Malkin will also be a threat. No one else in that team makes me think twice.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
If we lost to the oilers yes we lost but we would still be the better team. And we scored 4 times on 30 shots and hit 2 posts and Calvert just completely fumbled the puck with an open net for another. Bob just got beat by 2 fluke bounces it happens. Doesn't mean the better team won. Watching that game it was pretty obvious who the better team was.

Kessel is a ****ing beast and a threat though. Malkin will also be a threat. No one else in that team makes me think twice.
We played the Pens 4 times and didn't win 1.

Gosh, hate to see how we'd fare against a team that's better than us.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
If Your afraid of Guentzel and Brassard the god help you if we have to face a team with actual scary forwards like the lightning. Crosby did nothing at all this game and didn't do **** against us last year either. And do you think we dominated them last year? Because we did what they did tonight every game last year only had less goals. So either you think we dominated tonight (we played like the Pens in the POs last year) or you think we dominated in the playoffs (pens played like us in the playoffs last night) I have a screenshot of pens fans saying that as well in there GDT (That they played tonight dominating possesion and completely outshooting us which is what we did and they said we did in their GDT). While they were doing that we were never in any trouble and we would just need 2 seconds to flip the game because we are faster and more dynamic then ever before which is EXACTLY how they won last year. Their goalie out saved Bob and they were able to score in 2 seconds after being dominated for 10 minutes at a time.

Put it this way

Crosby>Wennberg
Rest of CBJ>>>Pitt

Dude I don’t mind your posting but seriously take off the homer glasses. We can hang with Pitt, but not a chance did we outplay them all game. There were momentum swings.

And Bob may be a more accomplished reg season goalie but Murray has the hardware that counts.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Put it this way

Crosby>Wennberg
Rest of CBJ>>>Pitt

That all sounds great if your preparing to play the U of Pitt debating team, but the contest winner is decided on the ice. Let's see....they've beaten us the last two playoff series and every game this season. I can see why you are so upbeat on facing them.:sarcasm:

Hmmmm.....maybe we revisit the debating points....like using Crosby as better than Wennberg. Seems like a waste of Sid to compare him as better than #10.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I didn't think the Jackets were going to lose until they decided to play for the point instead of the win. I get the decision. I still think CBJ/Pens series would be competitive. Pens won 3 of the 4 games in OT/SO this year, so their skills guys beat us in the skills competitions. Wennberg's play was only real disappointment from our team's effort. Yes, the OT goal, but more so for me the Pens 4th goal when he lost the puck, Seth was coming over to pick it up and Wennberg dove to punch it away from Seth and give Sheary the breakaway.

I don't see a reason to panic if CBJ end up playing Pens. Nuti back will help defense a lot. Hopefully, Foligno can come back and offset Wennberg mismatch. I also wouldn't mind a different 1st round match-up just to see who our team is. I'm sure Pittsburgh Steelers fans wouldn't be happy if every time they're in the playoffs they had to play their first game at New England Patriots because the NFL made up a dumb playoff format, never knowing how they stack up vs the rest of the league....but on the other hand, if they're the ones to knock off the champs, it gets rid of a lot of demons.

I don't think Caps would be any easier of a first round than Pens. I don't know why the entire Eastern Conference is afraid of Boston. Lightning haven't been playing well either. They both have 110 points, but then again...they have Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo, and Montreal to rack points up against. I'd not be disappointed dropping to WC2 and going into Boston or Tampa. I think Boston series would be fantastic. I'd rather take on Pens over Caps however.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Not because I don't think the Jackets could or even can beat the Penguins in a first-round matchup, but because they also could or can lose, I personally can't take another first-round series with that team.

More than anything else, it's the presence of their fans that makes playing them a negative experience. Always has been, even before our team got better.

Reactions: Bumpus and Derby

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Dude I don’t mind your posting but seriously take off the homer glasses. We can hang with Pitt, but not a chance did we outplay them all game. There were momentum swings.

And Bob may be a more accomplished reg season goalie but Murray has the hardware that counts.
The 2 Vezna count. And obviously they played better then us at some points. No game is 100% won by 1 team. I'm saying based on that game and how our team has played and compare that with how PITT has played... I'm not worried at all.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Context is key love... injuries. Players not in their proper roles yet, etc...
Ok, understand your mindset. Our team has injuries, lines not set. Opponent? No injuries, lines in concrete.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess you think the refs favor the other team, am I right?

Oh to be blessed with a total lack of self-awareness.

Anyway, on to the playoffs.

Reactions: Bumpus

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
More than anything else, it's the presence of their fans that makes playing them a negative experience. Always has been, even before our team got better.

It's personal for me too because I grew up a Pens fan and all my old buddies are Pens fans. I just invest too much emotionally because I want our guys to beat them so badly. I'd like a first-round series that doesn't have that next-level shit, but that's (literally) just me.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That all sounds great if your preparing to play the U of Pitt debating team, but the contest winner is decided on the ice. Let's see....they've beaten us the last two playoff series and every game this season. I can see why you are so upbeat on facing them.:sarcasm:

Hmmmm.....maybe we revisit the debating points.
The first playoff series they were clearly the better team. Last year we were the better team in everything but score in all but 1 game. This year we have had a shit ton of injuries and the first 30ish games of the year we didn't have the right lines going and chemistry set. The team we have right now is 10 times better then the team we started with. PLD at 1C and Panarin full speed now. Murray/Nuti pairing replacing Savard and JJ. The TDL pick ups improving the depth. Jenner playing like the Jenner of his 30g season. Jones and Z at 16 goals each which is tied for 2nd most in the league. The team right now is a top 6 team in the league. I'd say Behind Boston, TB, WPG, NSH, and who may be LV.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ok, understand your mindset. Our team has injuries, lines not set. Opponent? No injuries, lines in concrete.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess you think the refs favor the other team, am I right?

Oh to be blessed with a total lack of self-awareness.

Anyway, on to the playoffs.
I didn't see the refs favor anyone this past game? And last year the only thing I remember having issues with as far as refs go was the Z bleeding everywhere and play goes on but later in that game or the next.game someone got hit (I think kessel) and they were fine but play was whistled.

And I also didn't say the other team didn't have those issues but we had 5 major players out for a month at one point this year and Torts talked about it in his post game presser as a top moment of the season to go like .500 in that span because how badly we were hurt. And it's obvious the line up to start the year wasn't great with line combos. PLD on the wing and Panarin playing with Wennberg. It didn't work.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24 and Maylo

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I've tried not to be too critical of Bobrovsky with how much help he's been to this team in his time here... But, I'm getting REALLY worried about Bobrovsky in net, especially against the Penguins. He had some soft goals again last night. He needs to get it figured out by next week. Not sure what is going on. If Bobrovsky has another awful playoffs this year and we are out in 4-5 games... We may really need to consider our goalie situation in 2019 and beyond. I know people wanted to bench Bobrovsky in the playoffs last year... But, I don't really think that's too much of a viable option with Korpisalo, in my honest opinion.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With a clearer head having purged the disappointment of last night's loss (and focusing more on the playoffs), here's what I came away with from last night's game:
- the top line of 9-18-13 is really good and can play against anyone.
And it's all three of them playing big right now.
- Not that GMJK needs validation on his drafting acumen, but PLD does just that.
- continue to enjoy the chemistry between Boone and Vanek, who sees play development so well and Boone who is capitalizing. It's a pair without great speed, yet they are outshining their allegedly better line-mate
- Loved seeing Andy back. Rusty? Yes. Ready for more? You betcha.
- not sure I've seen a prettier goal followed by an uglier miss by a player in one game....but Matty, I'll remember the pretty one.
- the DMen seemed defensively out of sorts last night. I didn't think any of them played particularly well. (And I don't foresee a JMFJ playoff resurrection this year.)
- missed way to many clearing opportunities, not just in the 3rd but throughout the game.
- Torts reverted to old bad habits last night by abandoning his more recent commitment to Four lines (or even 3 1/2)
- Bob, not good, yet maybe played his best when the "Jackets Shoot Twice" end was basically virgin ice the last 13 minutes.
- in the end the Pens beat us at our own game - OT?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'm gonna step back and appreciate the post All Star break run these guys put together to get across the finish line.

I don't care who we face, really could care less...Wash, TB, Pit, Jersey, its going to be a battle against anyone, this is the post season. We'll pin our ears back and see what we can do. We are as scary to face right now as anyone. 7-1-2 in our last 10, best in the East.

I would like to see us squeak into home ice though.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I've tried not to be too critical of Bobrovsky with how much help he's been to this team in his time here... But, I'm getting REALLY worried about Bobrovsky in net, especially against the Penguins. He had some soft goals again last night. He needs to get it figured out by next week. Not sure what is going on. If Bobrovsky has another awful playoffs this year and we are out in 4-5 games... We may really need to consider our goalie situation in 2019 and beyond. I know people wanted to bench Bobrovsky in the playoffs last year... But, I don't really think that's too much of a viable option with Korpisalo, in my honest opinion.
Don't have the patience to do it, but I bet if you look at the distribution of NHL wins (or losses) against specific teams, B's performance against Pens isn't outside the normal range. There's always a randomness factor at work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad