GDT: Game 81: Columbus at Philadelphia | 4/8 12:30PM

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Lol, way to cherry pick . 2012-2013

Hottest team: Washington finished the regular season 8-1-1 but it didn’t matter as the team was bounced in the first round.
Coldest team: Boston went 3-5-2 to close the season and made it all the way to the Cup Final, falling is six games.

2014-15

Hottest: Ottawa went 6-2-2 to close the season but fell in the first round.
Coldest: Chicago finished the season having lost four straight, but went on to win the Stanley Cup anyway.

So in the past five years, two teams that entered the playoffs as the “coldest team” made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals

And neither finished with 6 or 7 losses in their last 7.

The Jackets are in deep ****. Fred Couples has a better shot at winning the Masters than the Jackets have at winning the Cup.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Agree. He has been strong when paired with Savard and give us a highly dependable second pair. I want to keep him!.....And while it's not a reason to keep him, I just think of Jack as a Blue Jacket and a guy who belongs here.

he puts the Jack in the Jackets

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm in Toronto now for the game tomorrow. I don't want to be embarrassed.

The only way to guarantee that would be not to go.:laugh:

....but here's hoping we play with some pride tomorrow. The good news is the Leafs like to play a wide open game so we should get plenty of offensive chances. Maybe we can convert.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This is now becoming a sort of epic collapse that takes the joy out of everything they have accomplished this season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Torts said the no asessment line more than a Wall Streeter before Congress repeatedly saying "I invoke my rights under the fifth amendment.....". :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
This is now becoming a sort of epic collapse that takes the joy out of everything they have accomplished this season.

Pretty much.

Spin it however you want but going into the playoffs like this absolutely sucks.

Players can say they know what they need to do but until they actually do it; it's simply utter BS.

Dirtfloor

Oct 12, 2016
Team: "We've been searching for our _sses with both hands and we just can't find it."

Fans: "We noticed . . . "

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And neither finished with 6 or 7 losses in their last 7.

The Jackets are in deep ****. Fred Couples has a better shot at winning the Masters than the Jackets have at winning the Cup.

Who said anything about winning the cup ? Never expected this team to have a remote shot at that . Young teams always have to take steps . You said earlier that our losing streak pretty much made it that Pittsburgh would sweep the jackets . Maybe they do. But it will have nothing to do with them slumping at the end . I cited 2 times in past 5 years that the coldest team heading into playoffs , made it to the cup . Anyone here would be estatic if that happens

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
2015-16 First 10 games (2-8-0)

Goals For: 22
Goals Against: 41

2016-17 Last 10 games (so far since TOR hasn't been played yet) (2-6-2)

Goals For: 18 GF
Goals Against: 29

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I have enjoyed the season. I went in with the resolution to not get upset about anything that happens.

It's made for a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm curious to see how the post season goes. We're obviously not playing all that well right now, but things can change on a dime.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I have enjoyed the season. I went in with the resolution to not get upset about anything that happens.

It's made for a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm curious to see how the post season goes. We're obviously not playing all that well right now, but things can change on a dime.

Things can change on a dime. One win in Pittsburgh will change the narrative. The last couple weeks have been disappointing, but you'd have to be naive to think a young team wouldn't have a bit of a letdown after clinching. I don't think the Jackets are going to get swept like some other posters here do, in fact, I think it's going to be a fun series.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Things can change on a dime. One win in Pittsburgh will change the narrative. The last couple weeks have been disappointing, but you'd have to be naive to think a young team wouldn't have a bit of a letdown after clinching. I don't think the Jackets are going to get swept like some other posters here do, in fact, I think it's going to be a fun series.
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, no, I am not pleased with their recent play. Yes, they need to play much better to even have a respectable showing in the playoffs.

On the other hand, every team that has beaten us during the current losing streak has either been an elite team, or a team on a hot streak: Carolina (7-0-3 entering the game against the Jackets), Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg (5 straight wins before playing the Jackets), and Philadelphia (4-1-1 coming into today's game).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Team: "We've been searching for our _sses with both hands and we just can't find it."

Fans: "We noticed . . . "

Actually its been ..

Team: "We know what we need to do, we're not panicking, its all good"

Fans: "We've been through this before, stop with the -its a learning experience BS- and just get your heads out of your butts" :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad