GDT: Game 81: Columbus at Philadelphia | 4/8 12:30PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I don't spin everything positively. I was the most pessimistic poster heading into 2015-16.

I've seen a lot of teams completely flip from the end of the regular season to the playoffs. I'm not concerned about what they do in a meaningless game.

I think a lot of us fear that when the real games start we won't be able to simply "flick the switch" and be good again just like that. This kind of play in a week will be certain death, and embarrassing at that

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't spin everything positively. I was the most pessimistic poster heading into 2015-16.

I've seen a lot of teams completely flip from the end of the regular season to the playoffs. I'm not concerned about what they do in a meaningless game.

No concern about, at best, a 1-6 close to the season, eh? I'm sure the Stanley Cup has a rich history of teams winning it after such illustrious regular season finishes.

Give me a break:laugh:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
JJ has become the one guy I never worry about anymore. Really hope we dont lose him in the expansion draft. Matured so much in his time here

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Agree with you, it was posted a few days back, quite a few teams went on to win the cup. People get so emotional of the now , and make blanket statements . Team clinched , there was obvious letdown after Washington loss, and injuries piled up. It's not like the team forgot how to play hockey.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
JJ has become the one guy I never worry about anymore. Really hope we dont lose him in the expansion draft. Matured so much in his time here

Agree. He has been strong when paired with Savard and give us a highly dependable second pair. I want to keep him!.....And while it's not a reason to keep him, I just think of Jack as a Blue Jacket and a guy who belongs here.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Guys I don't worry about: JJ, Savard, Harrington. Carlsson looks like he might join that list someday.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
12 shots on goal - that's an ok period. But it sucks when that's the count for two periods.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
12 shots on goal - that's an ok period. But it sucks when that's the count for two periods.

They're playing in the wrong end.

At least they're scoring when they're in the offensive zone, that was my biggest concern before the Winnipeg game.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Agree. He has been strong when paired with Savard and give us a highly dependable second pair. I want to keep him!.....And while it's not a reason to keep him, I just think of Jack as a Blue Jacket and a guy who belongs here.

Did the broadcast show his hit near the bench? JJ is good for one or two of those a game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Thanks for making my case. No cup winner has finished 1-6. The Hawks lost 4 in a row without Kane. They'd won 2 recent Cups.

Lol, way to cherry pick . 2012-2013

Hottest team: Washington finished the regular season 8-1-1 but it didn’t matter as the team was bounced in the first round.
Coldest team: Boston went 3-5-2 to close the season and made it all the way to the Cup Final, falling is six games.

2014-15

Hottest: Ottawa went 6-2-2 to close the season but fell in the first round.
Coldest: Chicago finished the season having lost four straight, but went on to win the Stanley Cup anyway.

So in the past five years, two teams that entered the playoffs as the “coldest team†made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad