Post-Game Talk: GAME 81 - B's tame the Wild - Cassidy says Kevan Miller is OK - BRUINS 3 Minnesota 0 FINAL

Oli the Bruins Cat

Apr 2, 2019
@OliBruins
Bruins are undefeated since I joined HFB. Just saying, I may be your lucky charm.
upload_2019-4-5_7-7-33.png

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Senyshyn looked good. Let’s see how he looks against Tampa and who Tampa dresses for the game.
He did look good with Coyle

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I know Cassidy will most likely go with the vets to start the playoffs, but I would play Clifton and Kuhlman before Miller/Moore and Backes.

Clifton and Kuhlman will get time in playoffs if we stick around, At some point someone will get hurt. But remember playoffs are another animal and together they have zero experience. Miller and Backes will be in lineup if healthy and they should be.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Clifton and Kuhlman will get time in playoffs if we stick around, At some point someone will get hurt. But remember playoffs are another animal and together they have zero experience. Miller and Backes will be in lineup if healthy and they should be.

I think Kuhlman will be in there to start, at least I hope he is.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Liked Senyshyn's net front presence, drove the net well and was always near the net. Just using his size and speed he should be able to create opportunities based on this.

I see him as a third line 15 goal guy who get s his points hanging around the net, I don't see the "sniper" that was drafted, seems to have problems picking spots.

One game but I don't think he will be a career minor leaguer and as someone who has been as guilty as anybody about lambasting Sweeney's picks in the first round of 2015 it's time to move on and let the kid play, while never forgetting or forgiving Donnie boy for how badly he ****** up.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Liked Senyshyn's net front presence, drove the net well and was always near the net. Just using his size and speed he should be able to create opportunities based on this.

I see him as a third line 15 goal guy who get s his points hanging around the net, I don't see the "sniper" that was drafted, seems to have problems picking spots.

One game but I don't think he will be a career minor leaguer and as someone who has been as guilty as anybody about lambasting Sweeney's picks in the first round of 2015 it's time to move on and let the kid play, while never forgetting or forgiving Donnie boy for how badly he ****** up.
What a broken record this is bringing up 2015 with all that is going on.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
yeah, it totally doesn't apply when talking about the most controversial of the 3 picks making his NHL debut in the game or anything....

Not to mention Zach is the last of all the skaters selected in the first round of the 2015 draft to make his NHL debut. Now this means absolutely nothing, when drafting 17-18 year-olds as so much of it depends on teams needs and some players may need just a little bit more seasoning, than others.

He seems like a great kid and I hope he succeeds and has a nice NHL career whether its as a 3rd ,2nd, or 1st Liner.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Not to mention Zach is the last of all the skaters selected in the first round of the 2015 draft to make his NHL debut. Now this means absolutely nothing as so much of it depends on teams needs and some players may need just a little bit more seasoning, than others.

He seems like a great kid and I hope he succeeds and has a nice NHL career whether its as a 3rd ,2nd, or 1st Liner.

Exactly, hopefully he'll be able to contribute to the team.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I know Cassidy will most likely go with the vets to start the playoffs, but I would play Clifton and Kuhlman before Miller/Moore and Backes.

kuhlman and clifton should be in there.
clifton is already better than miller. but miller has played good enough since coming back.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
clifton is already better than miller. but miller has played good enough since coming back.
Yes I guess it is a good problem to have such depth, but like you said I think Clifton is already better than Miller, also Kampfer and Moore. Kuhlman to me is miles better than Backes, his speed could be a big help against the Leafs.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
halak looked razor sharp last nite. i immediately could tell nothing was getting by him.

gotta think if we lose game 1 giving up 4 or more goals. i think halak would start game 2. and id be ok with that.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Yes I guess it is a good problem to have such depth, but like you said I think Clifton is already better than Miller, also Kampfer and Moore. Kuhlman to me is miles better than Backes, his speed could be a big help against the Leafs.
exactly. kuhlman has to be in tbere against toronto. speed is their game.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Of the backups, Clifton should be in before any of them. I think this guy's game is well-suited for the playoffs. He is better than the Moore of the second part of the season, and certainly better than Kampfer.

Kuhlman seems like he has a lot of potential. I would definitely give him some playoff time, if nothing else just to see what he can do. So far he has earned a spot IMO.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I did agree that Clifton should be in there over Miller until the Columbus game. Miller was very good in that one skating well and hitting everything in sight . Clifton is a better puckhandler but for now I go with Miller . Clifton’s time will come .

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I missed the game but was so happy for Senyshyn when I saw the box score. Empty net or not, it must be a great feeling to score an NHL goal.

One day, many, many years from now, he's going to tell his grandkids about his first goal but, like grandparents do, I can see him exaggerating the story. "There I was, frantically defending our lead. The puck came to me and I blazed down the right wing, blowing past the defender, and I sniped one in the far corner to put the game on ice". :laugh:

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I missed the game but was so happy for Senyshyn when I saw the box score. Empty net or not, it must be a great feeling to score an NHL goal.

One day, many, many years from now, he's going to tell his grandkids about his first goal but, like grandparents do, I can see him exaggerating the story. "There I was, frantically defending our lead. The puck came to me and I blazed down the right wing, blowing past the defender, and I sniped one in the far corner to put the game on ice". :laugh:
so true, all I know is Seny has officially scored 1 more NHL goal than anyone has here:laugh:

Thought he played well, showed some excellent speed, didn`t appear nervous at all, worked hard.

Use this game and the Bolts game to hopefully get some confidence and head back to Providence ready to go for the playoffs.

For all those who seem to be keeping a way too keen eye on Donato, barely noticed him last night, one could argue noticed Senyshyn far more:naughty:

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad