Pre-Game Talk: GAME 81 - 7:08 PM - More history can be made - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNP, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've had this theory for a little while that in the next 2-3 years as the Capitals go into a rebuilding cycle while Ovechkin is chasing the goals record, they're going to try to maximize his goal scoring opportunities to keep fans in the building and go all-out offensive hockey with no defensive structure at all so their games will all be like 8-5 losses. And it will be awesome.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I've had this theory for a little while that in the next 2-3 years as the Capitals go into a rebuilding cycle while Ovechkin is chasing the goals record, they're going to try to maximize his goal scoring opportunities to keep fans in the building and go all-out offensive hockey with no defensive structure at all so their games will all be like 8-5 losses. And it will be awesome.
That usually happens with younger teams with more talent up front than in back. Ottawa or especially Buffalo, are good examples. However, you might be on to something. Don't forget about their trademark scumbag goonery.

Reactions: BMC

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Part of me believes they won't look to run anyone tonight considering Orlov and Hath have a shot at a cup. You'd think they'd rather see their old friends come out on top. Maybe there is bad blood between them who knows. Here's to no injuries and 2 points!!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Part of me believes they won't look to run anyone tonight considering Orlov and Hath have a shot at a cup. You'd think they'd rather see their old friends come out on top. Maybe there is bad blood between them who knows. Here's to no injuries and 2 points!!
Interesting take. Wonder how the relationship was with Orlov & Hathaway with management/team.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I agree with your assessment of Ovechkin

Amazed he's not playing, it's one less game for him to catch Gretzky
You know, I don't really blame him after his team rolled over at the deadline and sold off some good players.

Look at the stiffs trying to back into a wildcard spot the past couple weeks. MacClellan is a good GM, but he showed belly there and I thought that was supremely disrespectful to a guy like Ovechkin.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
As I thought they will be dressing their playoff lines minus Krejci the last two games. Florida sat most of their roster the last few games last year and got destroyed by Mtl 10-2 on the last game. Look what happened to them in the loffs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Maybe a bit harsh, but if I had my way, players like Wilson (who go out to intentionally hurt other players) would be suspended for a good chunk of the season without pay or kicked out of the NHL altogether

..those who live by the sword should also die by the sword, and what he did to Carlo a couple years ago still makes my blood boil

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You know, I don't really blame him after his team rolled over at the deadline and sold off some good players.

Look at the stiffs trying to back into a wildcard spot the past couple weeks. MacClellan is a good GM, but he showed belly there and I thought that was supremely disrespectful to a guy like Ovechkin.
He's getting paid to play not to sulk.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Maybe a bit harsh, but if I had my way, players like Wilson (who go out to intentionally hurt other players) would be suspended for a good chunk of the season without pay or kicked out of the NHL altogether

..those who live by the sword should also die by the sword, and what he did to Carlo a couple years ago still makes my blood boil

Unfortunately, there was a time we'd have zero Brad Marchand, too. He's done some bullshit things.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Random. I dislike Wilson as much as the next guy but wishing injury on players is a no-no according to HF rule #5.

Reactions: Trizz617 and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad