Pre-Game Talk: GAME 81 - 7:08 PM - More history can be made - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNP, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This was a reply to another post but the wrong quote got attached. Basically the poster was hoping to break the points record in MTL.

END EDIT

If we win tonight we have an opportunity to capture the best points percentage in league history. When calculating the best season I think it would be flipping fantastic to close with two wins in order to grab that cherry on top.

Staying healthy is more important but two wins while continuing to rest the proper players is everything I could hope for in the regular season.

At the end of the day though, none of this will matter nearly as much as the Stanley Cup. Without the cup it will be a greater disappointment then 2019 though still amongst the most cherished year's that I have been a fan.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nosek is 1 point from his 100th point and 3 games from his 400th game played.

Bergy is 8 games from1,300.

Hope they give Smitty a good tribute video

I doubt Ovi or Wilson will go after our guys and if they do I'd expect a line brawl
Why? Haha.

I can understand tribute videos sometimes, but this isn't one I need to see in particular.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
And a pony. I want a pony!
1681225940884.gif

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
This was a reply to another post but the wrong quote got attached. Basically the poster was hoping to break the points record in MTL.

END EDIT

If we win tonight we have an opportunity to capture the best points percentage in league history. When calculating the best season I think it would be flipping fantastic to close with two wins in order to grab that cherry on top.

Staying healthy is more important but two wins while continuing to rest the proper players is everything I could hope for in the regular season.

At the end of the day though, none of this will matter nearly as much as the Stanley Cup. Without the cup it will be a greater disappointment then 2019 though still amongst the most cherished year's that I have been a fan.
I was saying this to my Dad last night when we were watching the Sox game... I was like "Sooo... Who's it gonna be, Dad? What teams it gonna be that breaks our Bruin hearts this year?"

He basically told me to shut-up.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I hope it's a relatively close boring game. Don't want stupidity to enter the equation if the Bs start blowing the Caps out.

I'll be interested to see how the Caps react to playing against two of their former glue guys. Maybe they will tone things down. Maybe they will be extra motivated to beat them. Who knows.

Like every other Bs fan on the planet feels -- no injuries. Keep heads on a swivel and don't do anything to get suspended if things get silly.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I hope it's a relatively close boring game. Don't want stupidity to enter the equation if the Bs start blowing the Caps out.

I'll be interested to see how the Caps react to playing against two of their former glue guys. Maybe they will tone things down. Maybe they will be extra motivated to beat them. Who knows.

Like every other Bs fan on the planet feels -- no injuries. Keep heads on a swivel and don't do anything to get suspended if things get silly.
That's a very good point actually in your first paragraph.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I'm going with this - I just don't see Ovechkin as anything but selfish and a poor loser. Do we know if he is even playing yet?

EDIT: It looks like Ovi will not be playing from what I have read on-line. Oshi out too.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
We're sitting here wanting/expecting the points record and the seats are over their having a celebration for what? Being on their knees hoping and praying they get Bedard for another torch celebration?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ty in one of the replies to those Tweets mentioned that it's just Hyper Management with Krejci. Not sure what that means, but I really hope the Master of Time and Space will be 100% for the playoffs. Looks like the Bruins are going full roster tonight.
His schedule last year was only like 50 games + his international play, so he played far less than an NHL season + playoffs. He may not even have a specific injury, they could be letting his body rest up after what was a much more demand season than his previous one.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm going with this - I just don't see Ovechkin as anything but selfish and a poor loser. Do we know if he is even playing yet?

EDIT: It looks like Ovi will not be playing from what I have read on-line. Oshi out too.
I agree with your assessment of Ovechkin

Amazed he's not playing, it's one less game for him to catch Gretzky

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I agree with your assessment of Ovechkin

Amazed he's not playing, it's one less game for him to catch Gretzky
I think he is pouting about his misconduct against the Rangers, they played the Habs after that and were embarrassed in a blow out, then they say he has an upper body injury and can't play since. When he got suspended by the NHL in 2012 he refused to go to the All Star Game. The guy rarely misses games, he is almost indestructible, this is sour grapes in my opinion and he has quit for the season.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think he is pouting about his misconduct against the Rangers, they played the Habs after that and were embarrassed in a blow out, then they say he has an upper body injury and can't play since. When he got suspended by the NHL in 2012 he refused to go to the All Star Game. The guy rarely misses games, he is almost indestructible, this is sour grapes in my opinion and he has quit for the season.
Yeah, this is the same guy who screamed at his goalie on the ice. Looked like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

Not impressed. One of the reasons I hope he doesn't catch Gretzky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad