GDT: Game #80 Vs Buffalo ( Elias returns edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I didn't think we'd come back but I'd like to see people who aren't career AHLers on the ice when we need tying goals. Hynes has a bit too much of a soft spot for those useless types like Sislo and Waiver Wire.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Like who? This roster is devoid of talent. He put one of the few guys who actually has a decent shot out there.

Sislo isn't decent at anything in the NHL. In the AHL, sure. Literally anyone on our roster is better than Sislo, and Sislo proved that with one of the worst shifts I've ever seen from a Devils player. Hynes is a good coach overall, but he has his warts. Let's hope he can get them removed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was that allergic to scoring Sergei Pikalinin out there for the 6 on 5 too? I'm sure he was. Him and his 20 game goal drought and god knows how many game point drought.

Tired of him and Josefson. And Josefson scoring might give Shero an excuse to make him a 3rd liner again.

''Only 25 years old, plenty of untapped potential. We'll get him to 20 points one of these years!"

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sislo isn't decent at anything in the NHL. In the AHL, sure. Literally anyone on our roster is better than Sislo, and Sislo proved that with one of the worst shifts I've ever seen from a Devils player. Hynes is a good coach overall, but he has his warts. Let's hope he can get them removed.

He gets a lot of shots though.

He's worse than Kalinin at offense. Kalinin ****ing sucks at offense, Josefson sucks a little bit less.

Sislo is worse than all of them. A couple rebound goals ain't gonna change my opinion.

Yeah he shoots the puck, his first shot isn't threatening at all at the NHL level.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Like who? This roster is devoid of talent. He put one of the few guys who actually has a decent shot out there.

Sislo's shot is decent? Only at the AHL level.

Not that I blame him too much for using him. Half of tonight's forwards are not NHL caliber. Sislo is no exception to this.

Neither are Josefson and Pikalinin when it comes to offense, Pikalinin more so than Josefson. They're 4th liners and Sislo, Gionta, all don't belong here in this league. Pietilla is still to be decided for me.

Elias is just done, but he looked decent. He just had to play on the Invis-A-line tonight.

Blandisi needs to be in next game.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I don't agree, if he had fresh bodies after a whistle, fine its a good argument. I believe both two lines were out there for a while. Who would you rather have out there? Pietila, Kalinin, Gionta, Josefson? Its all a wash.

That wart was not a wart. Its the reality of the roster and the game.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It's just Hynes' overall decisions late in games are pretty head-scratching. I lost count of the number of times we'd have guys like Gionta and Tootoo out trying to defend a lead after proving all game that they'd just be trapped in their own zone, and then remember that Carolina game when we had Waiver Wire out there in the waning seconds? That was lovely.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't agree, if he had fresh bodies after a whistle, fine its a good argument. I believe both two lines were out there for a while. Who would you rather have out there? Pietila, Kalinin, Gionta, Josefson? Its all a wash.

That wart was not a wart. Its the reality of the roster and the game.

It's not just this game, though. It's other games, like the Carolina game, where we have Waiver Wire out there trying to score instead of Severson or Larsson or almost any other defenseman. Why go with the career AHLers in those situations. It's an overall flaw, not just unique to this game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Helgeson comes back down and picks up Sislo and takes him with him to Albany.

If this is for evaluation purposes, I think we've seen enough of Sislo on the power play and Kalinin on the power play (or anything more than PK and 4th line) and JJ anything higher than 4th line for next season. Same goes for seeing Warsofsky at all, barring many injuries.

I don't even wanna watch the last two games, tonight's game annoyed me so much.

Tonight's forward lineup was the worst forward lineup I've seen on a Devils team. The sad thing is if you take out some turd for Ruutu, it's still the worst forward lineup.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
We can't play Zajac and Palmieri 40 minutes a night.

So the options are Zajac, Palmieri, and Sislo? Got it.

People are way too defensive of Hynes around here, but whatever. I've made my point. If you really like seeing Sislo out there having one of the worst shifts I've ever seen in hockey, more power to you.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's not just this game, though. It's other games, like the Carolina game, where we have Waiver Wire out there trying to score instead of Severson or Larsson or almost any other defenseman. Why go with the career AHLers in those situations. It's an overall flaw, not just unique to this game.
9 times out of 10 a coach will put a forward out for the extra attacker. Not a defenseman.

Once again, what other forward did you want out there in that situation?? Give him talent and this won't be complained about. It's a small complaint anyways.

Its not a Sislo arguement. Bottom line: top two lines were out there for 2 of the last 3 minutes , they were exhausted, he had to put Sislo out there because that was the best option at forward at that time.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
9 times out of 10 a coach will out a forward out for the extra attacker. Not a defenseman.

Once again, what other forward did you want out there in that situation?? Give him talent and this won't be complained about. It's a small complaint anyways.

Waiver Wire is a defenseman. It's my name for Warsofsky. Remember him out in the Carolina game in the dying seconds? That was a tragedy and comedy all in one. Like I said, I'm talking overall, not just one game. Overall, Hynes' end of game decisions are pretty bad in my opinion.

ETA: Per usual, I think people deliberately don't understand or don't bother reading my responses, so I'm done. I apologize for daring to criticize the deity that is Hynes. :bow:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So the options are Zajac, Palmieri, and Sislo? Got it.

People are way too defensive of Hynes around here, but whatever. I've made my point. If you really like seeing Sislo out there having one of the worst shifts I've ever seen in hockey, more power to you.

I don't have much of a problem with Hynes tonight, although I will if Blandisi is still punished next game and sitting. But he's not much of a threat with guys like Kalinin and Josefson and the 14 and 19 points they're on pace for respectively. Elias is no threat with them either. I will be annoyed with Shero if Josefson and Kalinin start next year on anything other than the 4th line. That failed miserably this season.

Kalinin on the power play tonight was baffling though. At least Sislo scored a power play goal two games ago. Kalinin hasn't scored a goal since of these guys have shaved their faces.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I don't have much of a problem with Hynes tonight, although I will if Blandisi is still punished next game and sitting. But he's not much of a threat with guys like Kalinin and Josefson and the 14 and 19 points they're on pace for respectively. Elias is no threat with them either. I will be annoyed with Shero if Josefson and Kalinin start next year on anything other than the 4th line. That failed miserably this season.

Kalinin on the power play tonight was baffling though. At least Sislo scored a power play goal two games ago. Kalinin hasn't scored a goal since of these guys have shaved their faces.
Kalinin Josefson duo on the 4th line would be great. Add a hard checking guy in there and that could be a reliable 4th line next season.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

My main problem is just with Hynes' overall end of game decisions, which have definitely been on display as the season has wrapped up. It's more of a trend than a one-time thing for me. Just hope he improves in that regard, and he still has time to.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And what do you know, we've gone another 4 straight games without scoring a single even strength goal.

Actually I'm technically wrong. That goal at the end of the Florida game with 5 seconds left was not a power play goal.

But it wasn't a 5 on 5 goal either. So that's 4 straight games without a 5 on 5 goal. I think we went at least 4 straight without one back in February too. We actually won quite a few of these games too.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My main problem is just with Hynes' overall end of game decisions, which have definitely been on display as the season has wrapped up. It's more of a trend than a one-time thing for me. Just hope he improves in that regard, and he still has time to.
Maybe if Cammalleri was healthy and we still had Stempniak or maybe if we actually had a decent top 9 he would not have to put out AHLers in the last minute of games.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
And what do you know, we've gone another 4 straight games without scoring a single even strength goals.

Actually I'm technically wrong. That goal at the end of the Florida game with 5 seconds left was not a power play goal.

But it wasn't a 5 on 5 goal either. So that's 4 straight games without a 5 on 5 goal. I think we went at least 4 straight without one back in February too. We actually won quite a few of these games too.

We won't get another win this season and will end on a putrid streak while the Flyers make the playoffs. What a thrilling payoff to another exciting season as a Devils' fan. :rolleyes:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Maybe if Cammalleri was healthy and we still had Stempniak or maybe if we actually had a defent top 9 if would not have to out iut AHLers in the last minute of games.

At this point, it's agree to disagree for me. I'd love for it not to be a problem in the future (whether it's Hynes being a bonehead, which I think is part of it, or a pure personnel issue). Either way, I think Hynes needs to be a bit better next season, and our roster needs to be a lot better.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We won't get another win this season and will end on a putrid streak while the Flyers make the playoffs. What a thrilling payoff to another exciting season as a Devils' fan. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure we'll get another one either. All TBL needs is 2 goals max to beat us, since we can't score on their sumo wrestler in net.

Then there's the POS Leafs. But we're due for for a win against them this season. Just like we were due for a loss to Buffalo tonight.

I'm more annoyed that Cory is likely going to finish this season with an NHL 500 record at best, while the worst goaltender to play for us this year will probably finish 2 games or at least one game above NHL 500, barring if he starts again. He probably will against the Leafs.

Play Kinkaid against the Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad