GDT: Game 80: Columbus at Toronto | 4/6 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have a feeling we're going to beat buffalo. So for the tanking crowd (if you're wondering, I'm on neither side.) where would that likely put us if we win at least one more? I'd look myself, but three exams have been calling me tomorrow

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I was thinking we should hang on to Tyutin because he'll be too expensive to replace in FA, and the kids aren't ready. Well Kukan might just be ready. He's better now and he'll probably still be better next year. Would save us millions on Tyuts if we can move Tyuts out with some retained salary.

As far as "not noticing him", you folks must not have been defensemen. Whoever said "You know a good defenseman when you don't notice him" was not a defenseman. Kukan makes a lot of good plays on the breakout. Just turning into little gaps where he can start the breakout.

All I know is I don't ever hear his name mentioned on tv . That's why I said I never noticed him.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I have a feeling we're going to beat buffalo. So for the tanking crowd (if you're wondering, I'm on neither side.) where would that likely put us if we win at least one more? I'd look myself, but three exams have been calling me tomorrow
depends on the result of CGY/VAN, if we beat Buffalo but VAN beats CGY in OT/SO then the standings stay the same

major major

Feb 18, 2013
All I know is I don't ever hear his name mentioned on tv . That's why I said I never noticed him.

If you see one of our defenders skating really fast and he's not 6-5 (Jones), then it's Kukan. Kukan kind of looks like Wennberg out there, very smooth and light on his skates. Great escapability.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
that's bad for us now, because we won't finish lower than Edmonton or Toronto no matter what happens

we need everyone above us to get as many points as possible

Calgary or Vancouver for sure will get to 75 -good possibility they both do
Winnipeg at 74 -they need 1 pt to get to 75-
Jackets need to lose to Chicago for sure and Buffalo too would be great just to be sure.
That would give us no worse than 6th.

Down the stretch we go.

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
If you see one of our defenders skating really fast and he's not 6-5 (Jones), then it's Kukan. Kukan kind of looks like Wennberg out there, very smooth and light on his skates. Great escapability.

All I know is he should be a serious candidate to start next year on this team. He has been great, and that can't be said for many of our Dmen.

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Calgary or Vancouver for sure will get to 75 -good possibility they both do
Winnipeg at 74 -they need 1 pt to get to 75-
Jackets need to lose to Chicago for sure and Buffalo too would be great just to be sure.
That would give us no worse than 6th.

Down the stretch we go.

I was rooting for the tank to get us a top 4.
Kind of a crappy year all around.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yes I was not a Dman. Lol. Pure goal scoring winger with no two way game. Deadly wrist shot though. :sarcasm:

I was a center. Money in the face-off circle, scored most of my goals parking my butt in front of the goalie and redirecting shots. Slower than molasses, though.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Kukan played by far the fewest minutes of the blueliners and comes away with the best stat line of them all lol

So in the last 3 games, they scored 1 Powerplay goal meaning the best possible bilance is a +11 if you were on the ice for every GF and on the bench for every GA.
Kukan is +9...

5-1 CAR +4
2-4 NYR +1
5-1 TOR +4

Kinda crazy :D

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
Tonight's game is very important. A lopsided win over one of two worst teams in the league who are playing without several of their top players. Just goes to show the importance of never giving up and how to build momentum for next season. :nod: :laugh:

Sheesh.

Rimers says, "Big win for the Jackets".:laugh:

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I have to think Jarmo is puking when he thinks about the Prout deal

Kukan just doesn't make mistakes

I've been saying this for awhile now but I truly think we move Prout in the off-season. He fits the Oilers too good to not be there. I'm sure they'd take him for a bag of maple cookies, a carton of syrup, and a free zamboni ride.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
I still say it doesn't matter where we finish. The fix will be in so that Canadian teams win all 3 top spots.

Agree 100%

I don't think the 'fix is in' I just think that the Canadian teams are all in play and therefore their odds of going 1,2,3 are incredibly high.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've been saying this for awhile now but I truly think we move Prout in the off-season. He fits the Oilers too good to not be there. I'm sure they'd take him for a bag of maple cookies, a carton of syrup, and a free zamboni ride.

I could see them doing it but it would be a disaster. He doesn't fit them at all. The Oilers have pugilists, what they need is help with breakouts and puck moving, exactly Prout's inability.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
hasnt it been said that teams have been interested in Prout(you cant teach size and everyone thinks they can help make things "click")

with a 2 yr contract it makes it easier to move him.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
hasnt it been said that teams have been interested in Prout(you cant teach size and everyone thinks they can help make things "click")

with a 2 yr contract it makes it easier to move him.

Hopefully someone is willing to bite. I'd be happy with a mid-round pick coming back in return.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I decided on an impulse to actually open this thread and see if it truly would be as disgusting as I imagined.

I don't know what I was thinking.

If we truly lived in a just world, anyone who cheered for a loss would not be permitted to join in on any subsequent success. "No, no. We're doing the winning thing now. You've made it clear you care more about losing. You don't want this. Move along. It's our turn now."

I also find it uproariously hilarious that, judging by morose replies to goals scored, apparently the only possible outcomes for the lottery are "we move down three spots" or "FIRST OVERALL!"

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I decided on an impulse to actually open this thread and see if it truly would be as disgusting as I imagined.

I don't know what I was thinking.

If we truly lived in a just world, anyone who cheered for a loss would not be permitted to join in on any subsequent success. "No, no. We're doing the winning thing now. You've made it clear you care more about losing. You don't want this. Move along. It's our turn now."

I also find it uproariously hilarious that, judging by morose replies to goals scored, apparently the only possible outcomes for the lottery are "we move down three spots" or "FIRST OVERALL!"

We get your stance, you have said it a billion times. You're the true fan congrats!

These games mean nothing. It was evident from last years finish.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
This win has created all sorts of positive feels in the locker room. It has also answered an important question: can the best AHL team beat one of the worst NHL teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad