GDT: Game 80: Canucks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Overall the youngsters did well, but we lacked a bit on execution at times. You can't let your opponent come that close to a win --imagined tippett post interview comment

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Due to winning tonight and certainly winning tomorrow, we will head into the lottery in the FIVE spot instead of the TWO spot which is absolutely incredible and the MOST Arizona Coyotes thing I've EVER seen. We could be picking EIGHTH overall despite being SECOND worst for EIGHTY of the 82 games of the season. It's actually really damned impressive how bad this team is at absolutely everything, including losing.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Due to winning tonight and certainly winning tomorrow, we will head into the lottery in the FIVE spot instead of the TWO spot which is absolutely incredible and the MOST Arizona Coyotes thing I've EVER seen. We could be picking EIGHTH overall despite being SECOND worst for EIGHTY of the 82 games of the season. It's actually really damned impressive how bad this team is at absolutely everything, including losing.

Lol...well said!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'm tempted to buy a single ticket and go to Saturday's game by myself. Just in case it's the last one. At the very least it might be Doan's last. But I'm conflicted. I have no interest in giving the Ice Edge Clowns my money. Same for Glendale. Those two groups deserve each other. Miserable ********.

Buy the ticket on Stub Hub. I'll buy your beer. :laugh:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well outside of those top 2, it apparently evens out talent wise. We have plenty of prospects to look forward to before a 2017 pick would make the roster

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

This made me irrationally angry.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
NJ could very well win either game they have left (NYI and Detroit) Vancouver has a home and home against Edmonton. That might be a tough sell

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Was at the game sitting behind the Coyotes as I watched them feebly attempt to pass it up the ice over and over again with suicide backhands to nobody and panic clears off the glass. They couldn't complete a pass unless Domi was on the ice. It was garbage, heads down, **** ugly hockey.

Yet they still win a completely meaningless game and manage to ruin their draft chances in the process. Too bad moral victories can't pay for operational losses.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002

n+1+1+1+1+1+1+!!

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

Tippett is one of the best coaches in the NHL for winning when it doesn't matter.

If we traded away Vrbata like some of us here advocated, we wouldnt be in this position. His raising his free agent value yesterday came at the expense of three draft positions.

Go Yotes Go.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Probably going to be

Perlini - Dvorak - Vrbata
Domi - Burmi - Duke
Crouse - Strome - Rieder
Martinook - Richardson - Fischer

We really could use another veteran right shot in our middle six, though.

This could be close. Can Martinook play RW? They had Keller at RW his last game.

Tobi still can't finish. Quite a few breakaways in this game ending up with nothing :laugh:

It seems every game he gets one of these chances.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
B----, moan, bellyache, complain. That's all you guys do. The draft is a crap shoot most years. Next year we will add Strome, maybe Keller and maybe who ever we draft this year. Those three could be the best of our prospects. A little more patience guys. I'm already excited for training camp.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
B----, moan, bellyache, complain. That's all you guys do. The draft is a crap shoot most years. Next year we will add Strome, maybe Keller and maybe who ever we draft this year. Those three could be the best of our prospects. A little more patience guys. I'm already excited for training camp.

That's laughable. Strome may not even be on the team again next year. Keller needs to gain like 80 pounds and if you look at the projected lineup it's laughable. This team will need to make some major moves in the off-season to be competitive next year regardless of what they've done at the end of the season, which is exactly what they do at the end of every season. Until we get a superstar or two (heck a star) on this team who can consistently produce, we're going nowhere.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We are going to score plenty next year. I have no issue with the forwards. We are going to give up plenty of goals next year unless we can get our center position fixed up. That's why I continue to push for a resigning of Hanzal. It's not just on the defensemen. The center is like the third defenseman and only Dvorak has really played well defensively at center.

If we can fortify the center we can get by another year without a 1RD.

For argument,

Hanzal,
Dvorak
Strome
Richardson

Looks solid and very responsible defensively, as we can shelter Strome with the other 3 centers. Burmi pitches in at center for 20-30 games while Hanzal recuperates from whatever injury he gets.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Had a great time last night...
I agree that we need to pick up a big star.
Like the way Bermistrov (sp) played.
Feel real sorry for Connaughton. Sure would like to see him succeed.
We have great youngsters this year but not the "Leaf" type quality young guys who can make us winners next year.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

All you do is put ownership and management up on a pedestal and show no objection to anything they do even though others have proven you wrong in the past countless times. Like I said before; Tippett can go 10 straight years without the playoffs and you'll still continue to put him up on a pedestal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad