Post-Game Talk: GAME 80 - B's clinch second and home ice - BRUINS 6 Columbus 2 F - SECOND PLACE CLINCHED!!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
expect the wild game to be that way, but assume tampa will come after boston physically on saturday.
paquette especially, he already ruined rick nash last spring so am sure he'll be taking runs at everyone.
Bingo! Would be good if the Bs could get the points in the next game in case they are important after round 1 at some point, but the last game under all circumstances I would have most key players out of the lineup, and those who are in I would play very limited minutes. I don't want A) any guys hurt by the pukes on TB, and B) any key Bs players getting suspended after retaliating against said TB pukes. Send some AHL guys out there and let them knock TB around. I don't trust TB one iota to play a clean game, knowing full well they have a good chance of meeting Boston in the 2nd round.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
do the B`s find themselves in a bit of a pickle in regards to call ups due to the PB`s having not officially nailed down a playoff spot?
No idea what they can do but they still need a point to clinch second in Conference and last game is Saturday so you might want to play most of lineup at home that day - Bergeron and Chara sit out and tell Carlo to stay out of right corner where zamboni comes in and out

Reactions: RustyBruins72

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was just thinking about that. He must be mental in these last few games just wanting to stay healthy after the last few years. :crossfing
I sit close by and my kid got all bent last Saturday when I brought it up claiming I’ve jinxed him

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
game 3 has been on marathon monday eve for as long as i can remember

In 2014, Marathon Monday was April 21, and the Bruins played April 20 (home, Easter Sunday: Chara threatens to beat Riley Smith's brother) and April 22 (away, Detroit).

But you're absolutely right - it makes sense to schedule Boston's game 3 on Monday. If it's in Boston, ticket sales probably get a bump, even if the Sox are already in town. If it's away, well, Monday's a local holiday, making it a de facto Sunday - better for viewers, leaving more room for non-holiday teams to play on Sunday.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In 2014, Marathon Monday was April 21, and the Bruins played April 20 (home, Easter Sunday: Chara threatens to beat Riley Smith's brother) and April 22 (away, Detroit).

But you're absolutely right - it makes sense to schedule Boston's game 3 on Monday. If it's in Boston, ticket sales probably get a bump, even if the Sox are already in town. If it's away, well, Monday's a local holiday, making it a de facto Sunday - better for viewers, leaving more room for non-holiday teams to play on Sunday.

Game 3 on Monday night would be NESN's preference as the Red Sox play at 11 AM

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Game 3 is definitely away. It's always H-H-A-A-H-A-H.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I am so glad there isn't a home Bruins game on Marathon Monday.

I've done the Sox/Marathon/Bruins once and I'll never do it again.

Its an exhausting day.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No idea what they can do but they still need a point to clinch second in Conference and last game is Saturday so you might want to play most of lineup at home that day - Bergeron and Chara sit out and tell Carlo to stay out of right corner where zamboni comes in and out
haha, true, just play Carlo on the PP, nothing less, nothing more

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Time to bring up the following players.

Senyshyn
Gemal
Swartz
Cehlarik
Hughes
Blidh
Zboril
Stempniak
JFK
Lauzon
McIntyre

(don't mind spelling went by knowledge)

Lets see what some of these guys got and rest the starters.

Is that even possible? Can’t you only have 23 guys up at a time? Maybe on an emergency basis only?

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Nothing to play for now.
Sit Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Chara, McAvoy, Pastarnak, Carlo...
Not worth playing with fire. Too many bad injuries at the end of the year in the recent past.

Reactions: bbfan419

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Can they do "emergency" recalls just to give guys a game off? Although I guess there's a way to fudge that at this time of year... :dunno:

Plenty of guys are nursing something at this time of year, and you can always use the illness excuse. Bergeron got hit in the foot blocking a shot last night, so you could sit him for that. Pastrnak's thumb is likely still recovering, so that would be an option.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad