Post-Game Talk: GAME 80 - B's clinch second and home ice - BRUINS 6 Columbus 2 F - SECOND PLACE CLINCHED!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo better be scratched Saturday or playing on left side

Playoffs Thursday & Saturday sounds like

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Send some to MoJo too while you're at it

Good lord yes please. I only had the Columbus feed here so they didn`t show the replay of when Mojo went down but was relieved to see him back on the ice later on.

Some nice chemistry with he and Coyle, Charlie looked terrific last night
D and forwards played far more focused in their own zone
Tuukka looked very solid while not being tested outside of a few opportunities
Marchand collects 100 pts, not bad for a career AHL player:sarcasm:
Kuhlman looked very solid

Good way to snag home ice in 2nd round, now beg and plead with Bergy/Z to take some games off to get some well earned rest

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Carlo better be scratched Saturday or playing on left side

Playoffs Thursday & Saturday sounds like

do the B`s find themselves in a bit of a pickle in regards to call ups due to the PB`s having not officially nailed down a playoff spot?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'm hoping that since the Wild and Lightning have nothing to really play for that our next two games are glorified all star games with very little in the way of serious hitting and that players go full flamingo rather then trying to block shots.

expect the wild game to be that way, but assume tampa will come after boston physically on saturday.
paquette especially, he already ruined rick nash last spring so am sure he'll be taking runs at everyone.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
do the B`s find themselves in a bit of a pickle in regards to call ups due to the PB`s having not officially nailed down a playoff spot?
I'm sure they'll think about it, but at the end will do whats best for the big clubs business. That sad I'd think Miller and Grz will play last few games with having just come back recently. Kampfer and Clifton probably slot in for two others. From the forwards aspect, not sure how that will effect them but I'm sure they'll be looking at at least a few call ups.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
When will games 3 and 4 be?

Nothing's been officially announced, but our A1 source Fenway gave us the news that Game 1 and 2 are scheduled for Thursday and Saturday night. It's subject to change, but those dates seem pretty fixed, and very logical - Thursday because they like to start round 1 on Wednesday/Thursday, and the Garden's used Wednesday. Saturday because HNIC can't resist putting the Center of the Hockey Universe on.

Sometimes they announce conditional or partial schedules early, especially in the later rounds where Game 1 of the next round is only a day after Game 7 of the last round. But usually once they announce a schedule, they don't like to mess with it...so they wait for all 16 teams to be fixed in place, or maybe have two options at most. Since Montreal can't be eliminated until Friday night at the earliest, and the Central could easily have 3 teams tied for first in points by the end of tonight, there probably won't be much official news until Saturday at the earliest. Since Nashville could potentially host any of three teams (STL, DAL, COL), or could wind up going to STL...and I think most of those scenarios could simultaneously stay in play on Saturday...it's way too early for them to schedule.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm sure they'll think about it, but at the end will do whats best for the big clubs business. That sad I'd think Miller and Grz will play last few games with having just come back recently. Kampfer and Clifton probably slot in for two others. From the forwards aspect, not sure how that will effect them but I'm sure they'll be looking at at least a few call ups.

good point, that`s what I was hoping to hear, while I want the PB`s to snag a playoff spot, really can`t make them the focal point here.

I`d like to rest Bergy, Marchand and give DK the last game off too, Z I`d be too scared to ask:laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
expect the wild game to be that way, but assume tampa will come after boston physically on saturday.
paquette especially, he already ruined rick nash last spring so am sure he'll be taking runs at everyone.

Yep. I see TB taking it's chance to cripple Boston and ensure they can sweep Toronto instead of a tough series vs Boston.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
We were just told

Game 1 April 11th at TD Garden - 7:11 PM - NESN, CBC, NBCSN
Game 2 April 13th at TD Garden - 8:14 PM - NBC, CBC
Any word on game 5 Fenway? The two possibilities I see are Saturday 4/20 (most likely), or Friday 4/19

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Time to bring up the following players.

Senyshyn
Gemal
Swartz
Cehlarik
Hughes
Blidh
Zboril
Stempniak
JFK
Lauzon
McIntyre

(don't mind spelling went by knowledge)

Lets see what some of these guys got and rest the starters.
sounds like it`s my chance to submit my resume for RW snipah for the PB`s for their final playoff push:sarcasm:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Any word on game 5 Fenway? The two possibilities I see are Saturday 4/20 (most likely), or Friday 4/19

Not yet but our guess is they will do the same thing as last year where Game 5 would be in Boston on a Saturday night and on NBC

NBC is trying to prop up their struggling channel they own in Boston - WBTS and local ad revenue would be a huge boost to the station.

HNIC is good with Boston as the lighting at TD Garden is perfect for their 4K telecasts.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Nothing's been officially announced, but our A1 source Fenway gave us the news that Game 1 and 2 are scheduled for Thursday and Saturday night. It's subject to change, but those dates seem pretty fixed, and very logical - Thursday because they like to start round 1 on Wednesday/Thursday, and the Garden's used Wednesday. Saturday because HNIC can't resist putting the Center of the Hockey Universe on.

Sometimes they announce conditional or partial schedules early, especially in the later rounds where Game 1 of the next round is only a day after Game 7 of the last round. But usually once they announce a schedule, they don't like to mess with it...so they wait for all 16 teams to be fixed in place, or maybe have two options at most. Since Montreal can't be eliminated until Friday night at the earliest, and the Central could easily have 3 teams tied for first in points by the end of tonight, there probably won't be much official news until Saturday at the earliest. Since Nashville could potentially host any of three teams (STL, DAL, COL), or could wind up going to STL...and I think most of those scenarios could simultaneously stay in play on Saturday...it's way too early for them to schedule.
game 3 has been on marathon monday eve for as long as i can remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad