Post-Game Talk: GAME 80 - B's clinch second and home ice - BRUINS 6 Columbus 2 F - SECOND PLACE CLINCHED!!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Finishing 2nd in the NHL? After a Tampa Bay team that is having a season for the ages, having endured injuries to key players for considerable stretches of time? Makes me wonder what exactly they had hoped for? :D

A stable lineup sans the constant necessity of plugging holes on a regular basis, either because young players within the organization were unable to grab an opportunity presented, or because injuries have again played a major factor in their season.

The Bruins have always been lucky relative to injury, but not in the Cassidy era. Why, I don't know. He's done an excellent job juggling them, certainly.

You can't predict injuries but you can conclude that failing to move on important 2nd & 3rd issues as far back as training camp was less than adroit. It's been a year of endless tinkering & tryouts, some successful, some not. Injury has played its role. Management has as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glove Malfunction

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Time to bring up the following players.

Senyshyn
Gemal
Swartz
Cehlarik
Hughes
Blidh
Zboril
Stempniak
JFK
Lauzon
McIntyre

(don't mind spelling went by knowledge)

Lets see what some of these guys got and rest the starters.

If they could actually do this, I'd be all for it. Rest for key players is valuable. Avoidance of injury, through malicious intent or otherwise, is essential. How crushing would it be if one of the key guys went down in the last game of the season? Because of some cheap crap, no less.

Nothing more to play for in the regular season at this point, save perhaps giving Miller some time and further testing Coyle-Johanson tryout.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
If they could actually do this, I'd be all for it. Rest for key players is valuable. Avoidance of injury, through malicious intent or otherwise, is essential. How crushing would it be if one of the key guys went down in the last game of the season? Because of some cheap crap, no less.

Nothing more to play for in the regular season at this point, save perhaps giving Miller some time and further testing Coyle-Johanson tryout.

How many guys can you sit, if they are on the P Bruins roster can you play them and sit regulars?

I am just curious, they better sit Chara/Bergeron/Krejci, they have put in enough time and are getting long in the tooth.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I’m looking forward to seeing Senyshyn play his first NHL game. I’m hoping he can become a decent player. He looked very promising when he played for the Hounds in the OHL. Not so much in providence though.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
How many guys can you sit, if they are on the P Bruins roster can you play them and sit regulars?

I am just curious, they better sit Chara/Bergeron/Krejci, they have put in enough time and are getting long in the tooth.

I'm not an expert so that's why I asked the same question. I would say that regardless, you can bet all three will be sat, PRO call ups or no.

I would pull as many key contributors and banged up guys as possible. The TBL game apparently has implications down the road, but rest and avoiding injury is paramount.

Last edited:

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I’m looking forward to seeing Senyshyn play his first NHL game. I’m hoping he can become a decent player. He looked very promising when he played for the Hounds in the OHL. Not so much in providence though.
This his his second stint though....I'm sure I saw him in the NHL before.

Edit: Just checked his stats...no NHL games played...my bad. Must have caught a rare PBruins game I guess (or I was drinking...)

Reactions: fin8 and GordonHowe

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This his his second stint though....I'm sure I saw him in the NHL before.

Edit: Just checked his stats...no NHL games played...my bad. Must have caught a rare PBruins game I guess (or I was drinking...)

Technically you're right. This is Senyshyn's second callup. The first was last year and it was just a paper transaction.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I'm going to the game tomorrow and I hope the don't rest everyone lol. I know selfish of me....
I was going to go also first time in a while I will miss thier visit to mini. Have fun. Always lots of Bruin fans from tbay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad