GDT: Game #80: 4/5: Home Stretch: Boston Bruins @ FL Swamp Kitties 7:37 pm NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's get two more points tonight! I have faith they can beat the Panthers! Looking for a strong response to their weak game against Tampa.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
How did Killer get kicked out of the lineup over Holden?

Is he injured?

Or was he flat out brutal last game? Admittedly I missed the last one.

Wondering the same thing. Last I saw the skate yesterday had Gryz with Miller and Holden rotating in place of Gryz. I could have missed something, though :dunno:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
working for this one, hoping the boys gather themselves after last game and put in a far more consistent and focused effort in tonight. Thought they worked hard vs the Bolts but didn`t play crisp nor react well to the Bolts attack

Reactions: hrdpuk

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am all for a team in Quebec City as long as they don't tempt Bergy into going there.

For any B's fans going tonight...Have a Blast and cheer loud for our boys...Oh and wear your flip-flops.

Please have Adam McQuaid on the ice for the B's.

I love all kitties.

PLEASE NO INJURIES

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Here's my daughter's cat Oli - she dresses him up and does photo shots for me!

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I will be joining this one in progress. I arrive home around 8:30pm

I too hope the Bs can muster up the effort needed to win. Great to see Rick Nash is back skating regularly and is not ruled out for a weekend game.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wondering the same thing. Last I saw the skate yesterday had Gryz with Miller and Holden rotating in place of Gryz. I could have missed something, though :dunno:
I took a guess based on the lines yesterday.

Holden was listed first so I went with the theory he’s in and Millsy gets a deserved break.

I could obviously be wrong but that’s how I perceived the lines that the Bruins and Steve Conroy posted yesterday.

:)

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

With only 3 games left in the season and said games being played in 4 days, I think Cassidy is rotating the dmen to give them a break. The othe day it was McQuaid, today it might be Miller. I doubt that it has anything to do with them playing well or not.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Win or OTL/SOL and they stay in 1st and keep the control for that seed.

A regulation loss and they fall in 2nd and TB takes back the control.

Let's win this.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
McQuaid/Haley part 2 tonight?

Only if Haley is an idiot. Give him credit, he actually caught Quaider off guard. Then again, that only made him mad, lol. In reality, McQuaid has no reason to go with that plug, but if he wants to get tuned again, I'm sure Adam will oblige.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
image.jpeg

Reactions: BMC and Bergyesque

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The main problem in South Florida is their long history of being a shitty team. People aren't going to spend time & money on a perennial shitshow. People aren't going to give their money to an owner that they don't trust. TB became a real hockey market when the team became better. It wasn't so long ago that Nashville was considered a shitty hockey market, look at them now. Chicago was a pretty empty arena in the nineties. Didn't take long for the "New Joe" to become a pretty empty place, and that's in "Hockeytown". A competitive team is what has been missing in S FL for most of their existence. The arena location isn't terrible, it's a lot easier for people from Palm Beach and northward to get to. I attend many more games in Sunrise than I would if I had to drive to Miami.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
What's the distance from Miami and how long is that drive? Notwithstanding the location, I think that there just isn't a large enough fanbase to support the team.

I think that "perfect world" is just a couple of years away: the Coyotes will be in Houston soon enough and the Panthers will relocate somewhere, but not necessarily to QC.
I don't think any team in an nontraditional market is ever going to have success with years and years of losing, heck Ottawa can't fill their stadium in the playoffs in Canada. I think if the Coyotes or Panthers could actually put together a few years of competitive hockey people would pay attention. The success of the Lightning is because they did a good job promoting the team, making the games a fun environment for people new to the game, and having some continued level of success to get the media attention necessary to make people aware of the team beyond there existence. I would imagine in places like Dallas and Nashville who also have success it is for similar reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad