GDT: Game #80: 4/5: Home Stretch: Boston Bruins @ FL Swamp Kitties 7:37 pm NESN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
so your saying concussed,didnt know that thought forsure from 20 stitches ,with probably bad headache,bad place to get gashed just hope hes ready..Rd1 Go Bruins

not to nitpick, but it was 40 stitches.

Nobody is saying it, but I think it's safe to say that he'd be the first guy in history to not have a concussion from something like that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I really want them to stay ahead of Tampa but I hope they avoid injury more than they stay ahead.

A win tonight will hopefully help make Sunday’s game meaningless for the Panthers.

Bruins need this but they need to avoid more injury.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
not to nitpick, but it was 40 stitches.

Nobody is saying it, but I think it's safe to say that he'd be the first guy in history to not have a concussion from something like that.

Exactly, I don't see how anyone who got hit as hard as he did on the side of his head (hard enough that it took 40 stitches just to close up the wound) could not have a concussion.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Exactly, I don't see how anyone who got hit as hard as he did on the side of his head (hard enough that it took 40 stitches just to close up the wound) could not have a concussion.

Well, I think it's possible. Players get hit in the helmet quite often without concussions. The puck hit in the ear area and chewed up his ear. Just because it lacerated his ear doesn't necessarily mean that it caused a concussion.

Have they said "upper body injury?"

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well, I think it's possible. Players get hit in the helmet quite often without concussions. The puck hit in the ear area and chewed up his ear. Just because it lacerated his ear doesn't necessarily mean that it caused a concussion.

Have they said "upper body injury?"
I agree-the injury doesn’t mean concussion is certain. Also, that kind of hit and cut would result in a lot of swelling and stitches take about 5-10 days to heal.

Concussion absolutely is a possible risk but I don’t think it’s a given.

I assume we will know more if he still isn’t skating by this weekend.

Reactions: Banded Peak

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Well, I think it's possible. Players get hit in the helmet quite often without concussions.

From a slap-shot 10-15 feet away? I've never seen that, much less "quite often". Combine that with Ladyfan's report, who sits right next to the tunnel and saw him up close, I'd say it's a 99.999% certainty.

Reactions: BMC

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
From a slap-shot 10-15 feet away? I've never seen that, much less "quite often". Combine that with Ladyfan's report, who sits right next to the tunnel and saw him up close, I'd say it's a 99.999% certainty.

Then why is he listed as only "ear" when other players, like Rick Nash, who likely have concussions are listed as "upper body injury"?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
All I know is that I've given myself a concussion just thinking about getting hit in the head by flying frozen rubber. :confused:

I guess he should be thankful it was Krug and not Chara :eek:

Reactions: BMC and BiGBear8

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass

The forces are very different.

Blunt force trauma moves the brain around in the cerebral fluid. Penetrating trauma causes far more visible damage but the brain may not be injured.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Then why is he listed as only "ear" when other players, like Rick Nash, who likely have concussions are listed as "upper body injury"?

You're reading too much into those injury reports. They can say pretty much whatever they want in those.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The forces are very different.

Blunt force trauma moves the brain around in the cerebral fluid. Penetrating trauma causes far more visible damage but the brain may not be injured.

Ummmmm, ok. The shot hit him square in the head and the puck went backwards. This wasn't some glancing blow that barely got him. It was square. AND we have Ladyfan's report from a foot away.

Like I said yesterday, he has a concussion or he's not human.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
a few of my buddies here have asked me why so many bruin games on Sportsnet...lol

bruin games on Sportsnet360 not on my guide but I hope your right,maybe they changed it,the canucks are on at 10 here on 360 thats all it shows

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
It's going to be a rough three games to finish off the season.

If the B's can bring their game up to playoff level for these games they should be fine going into the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->