Post-Game Talk: Game 8: vs Lightning | 10/24/15 | Hawks win 1-0 in OT (Toews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Had a feeling the way Toews was working hard all game he would finally hit the back of the net in this one. So glad he did.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Obviously, 28's best game.

Yep.

I think I said earlier in this thread, in Dallas, Garbutt's best attribute was that he would shoot from seemingly anywhere.

He seemed to rediscover that this game.

If he plays like that going forward, then the 3rd line could be just fine.

I would swap Teuvo and Hino though. Pretty much as soon as TT saw some time as center in the 3rd, he made something happen. Considering Hino got his ass whipped in face-offs too, I don't really see the upside of having him there, unless Q is trying to send a message to TT.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
COREY SHUTOUT!!!!!!
Yesssssssss

tumblr_muxcqpIZnu1qfice8o4_500.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm sure some of the usual suspects will find something...anything... to criticize in this game, but I'd say top to bottom it was a fantastic effort.

All 4 lines were generating chances all night.

Perfect PK

Crawford was excellent

And our supposedly garbage D kept one of the more talented offensive rosters off the board all night.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Other fans must find us the most frustrating team nowadays. Here we are with some questionable lines, without our defensive backbone, and then we hold one of the best attacking teams from scoring, and of course win the game.

It must suck for everyone else

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews finally off the Schneid.

About time! Yes it was in the phoney game...but still take the extra point...Overall we played really well tonight again st a TB team that obviously was not fresh from the 2nd game in two nights..Only Gudelviskis was a wall to our really good scoring g chances and CC was not really tested that much though he made that 1 great save when we needed it most on their best grade A chance..

IF we keep 0laying as well as this then eventually the hockey gods will relent and we will face goalies on off nights and we will get lucky goals and our offense
will break out big...

Right now there are NHL teams having no problems scoring lots of goals...getting g both lucky goals and little defense stopping their attacks at goal....you would think that in an 82 game grind this gs will change...Montreal will not keep wi Ning every game and not be filling the net with ease as they have so far...and the Hawks if we keep playing g this "right way" as Q calls it ...will eventually stat filling the net to a higher degree with more luck and facilities g more goalies not bring ginger their "A" game... There ought t9 be reversion to the mean at some point and the high flying easy scoring g teams will dry up to a degree and we should heat up to a degree...you would think so...but meantime we must watch as Montreal and Washington and even NJ and Arizona seem to have less difficulty pouring goals past net minders than we do...Of course when we will.play Toronto ...they probably cl9 be us 9-0 in some fiasco game and Bernier will play out of his mind that night...and we shall wonder at the cruelty of the hockey gods because again st Montreal he played like a seize. ..Yes we shall be jealous at the ease Montreal and others put pucks past nhl goalies who are always "off" against the but "on" when they face us...but you would think eventually the hockey gods will relent and give us our share of easy games and laugher games....you would think...

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews finally off the Schneid.

About time! Yes it was in the phoney game...but still take the extra point...Overall we played really well tonight again st a TB team that obviously was not fresh from the 2nd game in two nights..Only Gudelviskis was a wall to our really good scoring g chances and CC was not really tested that much though he made that 1 great save when we needed it most on their best grade A chance..

IF we keep 0laying as well as this then eventually the hockey gods will relent and we will face goalies on off nights and we will get lucky goals and our offense
will break out big...

Right now there are NHL teams having no problems scoring lots of goals...getting g both lucky goals and little defense stopping their attacks at goal....you would think that in an 82 game grind this gs will change...Montreal will not keep wi Ning every game and not be filling the net with ease as they have so far...and the Hawks if we keep playing g this "right way" as Q calls it ...will eventually stat filling the net to a higher degree with more luck and facilities g more goalies not bring ginger their "A" game... There ought t9 be reversion to the mean at some point and the high flying easy scoring g teams will dry up to a degree and we should heat up to a degree...you would think so...but meantime we must watch as Montreal and Washington and even NJ and Arizona seem to have less difficulty pouring goals past net minders than we do...Of course when we will.play Toronto ...they probably cl9 be us 9-0 in some fiasco game and Bernier will play out of his mind that night...and we shall wonder at the cruelty of the hockey gods because again st Montreal he played like a seize. ..Yes we shall be jealous at the ease Montreal and others put pucks past nhl goalies who are always "off" against the but "on" when they face us...but you would think eventually the hockey gods will relent and give us our share of easy games and laugher games....you would think...

Wow. One has to be impaired to be able to read and make some sense of that post. I think it is a complaint that Hawks need to score more..... the 2 points are irrelevant it seems. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad