Post-Game Talk: Game 8: vs Lightning | 10/24/15 | Hawks win 1-0 in OT (Toews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
tZTlY8c.png

Tampa_Bay_Lightning.svg
vs.png
chicago_blackhawks.png

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2015
7:30 PM
NHLN-US, SN1, WGN, SUN

San+Jose+Sharks+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+Game+Mz4SErL3BI1l.jpg

2015 STANLEY CUP FINALS

LINEUPS

LIGHTNING%20OFFENSE_zps3snowdvw.png
bLACKHAWKS%20LINEUP%201_zpsinjxqqtm.png

LIGHTNING%20DEFENSE_zpsjexqsj2z.png
bLACKHAWKS%20LINEUP%202_zpshzdozqxl.png

LIGHTNING%20LAST_zpsxom5tzkh.png
bLACKHAWKS%20LINEUP%20INJURY_zpsy3oi8ona.png

anme042b18d9a6c061c.gif

Capture_zpslqoec15i.png

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Great job on the gdt!

This to me is a statement game for the Hawks. If they play well tonight and get 2 points it would be big. You feel like the Hawks are in a transition phase now, not quite sure of what this team will become. Would be a good early season win.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lightning recalled Gudlevskis. Bish went last night so I wouldn't be suprised if Gudlevskis started tonight.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If there is any team that can rival the Hawks's depth(aside from G position).... we are seeing them tonight.

That's kind of a puzzling statement given that our third line has done nothing and our defense has no depth to speak of whatsoever.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Joe Smith - beat writer for the Lightning

"Would expect that Gudlevskis, called up from @SyracuseCrunch starts tonight vs. #Blackhawks. Bishop started first eight. No skate this AM"

too bad, was hoping for the Poolin Wall.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
You mean, if there's any team who can expose our bottom 4 it's the lightning. Good luck to us, team D will have to step it up another notch to win this game.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Cool gdt SSG, headed to the game and taking my Son, first one this year, should be a good one.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Nice GDT, thanks for covering for me, looks great! And go Hawks, this should be a real test for our dmen, need TvR to keep us his play and hope Daley/Runblad can at least be decent.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Joe Smith - beat writer for the Lightning

"Would expect that Gudlevskis, called up from @SyracuseCrunch starts tonight vs. #Blackhawks. Bishop started first eight. No skate this AM"

too bad, was hoping for the Poolin Wall.

What happened to that young tall Russian dude? last name started with a V?

edit: Nevermind i see he his injured.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
3rd line has just more goals than first line...to say they are not producing ignores the more crucial fact that first line has failed to produce the goals expected of then. ..Since 4t line also has failed to produce ...it means the only forward line producing is line #2 ...do you Crack this up to lack of depth or the more true fact that the vets on line #1 and #4 have FAILED to produce like they have in previous years (so far)...that these vets on line #1...Toews and Hossa and the line #4 crew ...so lauded last season..Desjardins,Kruger, Shaw, have failed to produce? line #1 and line #4 combined have produced exactly 1 goal...Never has the ONE GOAL motto been proved so literally.FAIL...and you cannot blame these 5 vets (absent the LW line #1 newbie /Tikhonov who just got that job recently) ...Toews ,Hossa Desjardins Kruger Shaw ..1 goal in 7GP ...STINKS!

TT has 2 goals ...so that fact puts line 3 ahead in goal scoring.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just because our 3rd line isn't producing offensively doesnt mean that it is a bad line.

What about that line is good?

- Teravainen is struggling ,, Seems a general agreement that is case around here
- Garbutt is underwhelming at best
- Hinostroza hasn't shown much and looks like a kid not ready for NHL

Now assuming one of them goes out of line or is moved in lineup you end up with Tikhonov who has shown very little ability offensively and Bickell who sucks potentially on this line

Again what is good about our 3rd line?

Its a collection of spare parts at best

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
What about that line is good?

- Teravainen is struggling ,, Seems a general agreement that is case around here
- Garbutt is underwhelming at best
- Hinostroza hasn't shown much and looks like a kid not ready for NHL

Now assuming one of them goes out of line or is moved in lineup you end up with Tikhonov who has shown very little ability offensively and Bickell who sucks potentially on this line

Again what is good about our 3rd line?

Its a collection of spare parts at best

Agreed that the third line is underwhelming. When that line was on the ice with Daley and Runblad the other night I was holding my breath.

I feel confident the 1st and 4th line will get better. The 3rd line is likely to be an issue the entire season.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Nice GDT, thanks for covering for me, looks great! And go Hawks, this should be a real test for our dmen, need TvR to keep us his play and hope Daley/Runblad can at least be decent.

You're welcome. I've got Monday's GDT so I just mimicked what I have for then.

Think we win this, 3-1.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Of all the games on the schedule we have to play without Keith, this is the one with the biggest potential to get ugly.

In case anybody forgot the stats from the SCF:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, this'll be a big test for the Hawks without Keith. But, the Bolts just played a game yesterday and their starting netminder will be on the bench, so hopefully those will play in our advantage.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, this'll be a big test for the Hawks without Keith. But, the Bolts just played a game yesterday and their starting netminder will be on the bench, so hopefully those will play in our advantage.

I reckon that is a huge understatement, plus, this game marks the end of our warm-up beginning to this season. Games against the West will be a lot tougher, especially physically. A win tonight would sure be nice.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

I do think this goes in our favor. I'm feeling fairly confident about this matchup tonight.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Tough 2 points on the line tonight. Especially with no Keith. What makes it even tougher is we will probably see a rookie back up in net tonight. 40 shot shut out from Gudlevskis incoming. :sarcasm:

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Feel like this game will tell us what the Hawks can be without Keith.

(Of course that might be a bit of an overreaction ... But ... Whatever)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A win tonight would be a good thing for the Hawks' egos. It's not often that they play without Keith. I don't know the exact numbers but read that, in several years Keith has missed a paltry 20 something games due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad