GDT: Game #8|Thu., Oct. 17, 2013|Penguins at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I thought we looked good last game. Great passing and moving the puck. Need to improve on assignments infront of our own net and playing every period hardening has been a problem for awhile. I think we can win this game. Pens are without letang and Neal and we know how to beat them.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Philadelphia Flyers will NOT lose to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday. This is the game that turns the season around.

Atta boy, some optimism among the pessimists. The rest of the season they've looked unconfident and uninspired but we know for a fact that this team always raises their game when they play the Pens. If the season has any chance of being salvaged, it's against the Pens tomorrow.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Crosby has more points than the entire Flyers team combined.

They get smoked and its a wake up call

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Atta boy, some optimism among the pessimists. The rest of the season they've looked unconfident and uninspired but we know for a fact that this team always raises their game when they play the Pens. If the season has any chance of being salvaged, it's against the Pens tomorrow.

Labeling everything as pessimism or optimism is a really close-minded way of looking at things.

There's facts out there that give us no reason to believe we'll win this. Stanley Cup contender versus...us. Best player and leading scorer in the league versus...us. It's not pessimism, those are straight-up facts.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Shift 1 just like the clinching playoff game against the Penguins: put Crosby on his backside, get the puck, put it behind Fleury. That is how Giroux starts getting back to being his old self.

I really don't think the problem is lack of effort like some people have said, I just think he's really down on himself. It seems like he really takes every loss hard and blames himself. He probably just needs one good game with a goal or two and a win to get back to his old self. He always does well against the Pens so tomorrow is the perfect opportunity.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Labeling everything as pessimism or optimism is a really close-minded way of looking at things.

There's facts out there that give us no reason to believe we'll win this. Stanley Cup contender versus...us. Best player and leading scorer in the league versus...us. It's not pessimism, those are straight-up facts.

I'm not labeling everything as pessimism and optimism, there are obviously plenty of posts on here that are right in between. But after last game it seems like there are far more pessimistic posts than optimistic or even neutral ones. Obviously I can understand people being frustrated but some people are going too far. Then he made a clearly optimistic and upbeat post which was a nice break from all the doomsday posts. Do I think it's likely we win Thursday? Nope. Is it possible that we win? Sure, and if they do it could be huge for this team.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Is that Voracek quote from Timmy true? With our media I don't know if I should believe it.

“Three years ago when I came here, we had that attitude that no matter if we were down in the third period, there was no hesitation that we couldn’t come back,” Jakub Voracek said.

“Last two years, it feels like we’re up 2-1 or down one goal, the team would tie it. We are scared to make something happen on the ice. We've got to stick with the same game plan for all 60 minutes.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-best-game-wasted-another-meltdown

If it is though I think playing with a goalie like Mr. Spacey totally shot the confidence of everyone on the team. :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is that Voracek quote from Timmy true? With our media I don't know if I should believe it.

If it is though I think playing with a goalie like Mr. Spacey totally shot the confidence of everyone on the team. :shakehead

So Bryzgalov destroyed the team's confidence over the course of two terrible seasons, what with his penchant for allowing terrible goals no matter what the team did. Great.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
So Bryzgalov destroyed the team's confidence over the course of two terrible seasons, what with his penchant for allowing terrible goals no matter what the team did. Great.

I think everything has a consequence and it is possible we are seeing the consequences of all those terrible goals now. How would you feel if you played hard, scored hard earned goals only to see your goalie give them back like breathing, and that it went like that for 2 seasons?

Tbh, I think the losses now are more of adjusting to a new system, but if it continues I don't know what else to think cause it isn't like the roster has no talent on it.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That a real quote?

If so that's probably the most damning statement of confidence possible.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Voracek said “Last two years..." which could mean this season and the shortened season. In 2011-12, the Flyers were 9-3-5 when tied after two periods and 5-21-2 when trailing after two periods. That is 14 wins when not leading (tied or losing) through two periods. I don't know how those numbers stack up against other teams for that season (Pittsburgh, first round opponent, was 20-25-3). Also, the team's +/- in goals by period for 2011-12 were as follows: -6 in the 1st, +27 in the 2nd, +10 in the 3rd, +4 in OTs (+35 overall).

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Voracek said “Last two years..." which could mean this season and the shortened season. In 2011-12, the Flyers were 9-3-5 when tied after two periods and 5-21-2 when trailing after two periods. That is 14 wins when not leading (tied or losing) through two periods. I don't know how those numbers stack up against other teams for that season (Pittsburgh, first round opponent, was 20-25-3). Also, the team's +/- in goals by period for 2011-12 were as follows: -6 in the 1st, +27 in the 2nd, +10 in the 3rd, +4 in OTs (+35 overall).

Well, I doubt this season has done anything to improve things.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Intense rivalries tend to bring out the best in both teams.

It won't be easy but we could pull it out a W.

To do so would require 60 mins of play, solid goaltending and MAF being a delicate flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad