GDT: Game 8: Seattle Kraken(2-4-1) @ Carolina Hurricanes(3-4-0) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Wow. Daccord actually got us a point after that onslaught. That period we looked like Our Lady of the Poor Nunnery playing Notre Dame.

• Haha
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The team started really well but that 2-1 was just pure comedy gold and at a really bad time.

The third, again, was all Canes(or whoever our opponent is) and no help for the goalie.

Let's see what the team can do in Florida during the weekend.

Daccord has been really good. But then again, I don't think Grubi has been bad, the team just can't score goals.

With Grubi in net the Kraken have scored three goals in four games.
Not even prime Hasek, during the dead puck era, whould've won much with that gaol support.
Though, Grubi's performances have slipped a bit since the opening two starts and Joey had trouble too but bounced back in this one.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Jeez these Carolina goals are just depressing. Watching Dumo lumber out of that faceoff only to stumble and fall when JD makes that heady pass? My expectations were low but this guy is straight up stealing time from Evans at this point.

The second? How are BOTH Bunting and Kotkaniemi wide open for that (admittedly slick) pass from Necas. Kartye and Eberle doing their best "controller disconnected". I'm only catching highlights so I assume it's at the end of a shift but still...

Capture.JPG

Reactions: hn777

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Jeez these Carolina goals are just depressing. Watching Dumo lumber out of that faceoff only to stumble and fall when JD makes that heady pass? My expectations were low but this guy is straight up stealing time from Evans at this point.

The second? How are BOTH Bunting and Kotkaniemi wide open for that (admittedly slick) pass from Necas. Kartye and Eberle doing their best "controller disconnected". I'm only catching highlights so I assume it's at the end of a shift but still...

View attachment 758726
Pittsburgh fans will look at that Dumullion play and laugh. That is why he isn't on the Pens now. Was hoping a change of scenery would help him. So far not looking too good.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
If anything needs to get scrubbed in my opinion, its the shootouts. I hate the game being decided in a skills competition. Don't mind the 3-on-3 OT all. Actually enjoy the way it plays out.
In back to back games I hear the fans booing...that has to be a sign that something needs to be done...myself I don't mind it sometimes but think its a stupid,gimmicky way to try to end the game...3 on 3 then someone takes a penalty and it suddenly becomes 4 on 3...did someone not look past their noses on this because 3 minus 1 is not 3...why not 4 on 4 all the time and scrub the OT until the play-offs and for the love of Pete get those goaltenders pads, equipment down and remove the cheater on the catching glove its become so big it could catch a a fricking basketball-beachball...what's worse is soon all NHL teams will have 6-4,6-5,6-6,6-7 goaltenders what the hell is there to shoot at? A Breakaway in the Old days used to result in a Goal and it should not Today I bet less than 30% of all breakaways result in a Goal which is deflating and robs the game of excitement...

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Pittsburgh fans will look at that Dumullion play and laugh. That is why he isn't on the Pens now. Was hoping a change of scenery would help him. So far not looking too good.
Looking at the "stat card" he was a net wash if not a slight positive, but it's hard not to look at that play...especially the behind the net cam where you can see him plodding off the puck drop for the faceoff, putting him flatfooted when JD handles the puck...and hold him primarily accountable for the goal.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Looking at the "stat card" he was a net wash if not a slight positive, but it's hard not to look at that play...especially the behind the net cam where you can see him plodding off the puck drop for the faceoff, putting him flatfooted when JD handles the puck...and hold him primarily accountable for the goal.

I think it might be a good time for Doumoulin to "rest up" and watch a couple of games from the press box.

He certainly isn't the only reason why things aren't that great for the Kraken, so far this season, but he clearly needs to turn it around.

Though, I also give blame to Hakstol here cause I'm still not sure why Oleksiak and Borgen have to play together, forcing that Doumoulin/Schultz "we can't defend cause we don't know how to" defensive pair.

Reactions: majormajor

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I think it might be a good time for Doumoulin to "rest up" and watch a couple of games from the press box.

He certainly isn't the only reason why things aren't that great for the Kraken, so far this season, but he clearly needs to turn it around.

Though, I also give blame to Hakstol here cause I'm still not sure why Oleksiak and Borgen have to play together, forcing that Doumoulin/Schultz "we can't defend cause we don't know how to" defensive pair.
I had to Google who all was available as UFA defensemen this past offseason, and more than one article a) had Dumo ranked highly (perhaps due to the pool not being particularly deep) and b) described him as the best defensive D available.

Looking at the list, I kinda wished GMRF had gone after Gostisbehere instead? I dunno.

With how good Evans looked in camp, it's disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad