GDT: Game 8: Seattle Kraken(2-4-1) @ Carolina Hurricanes(3-4-0) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Today the Kraken will be playing their second game of their four game road swing to the east coast.
This time they'll be in Carolina to play the Hurricanes for the second time within about a week and could even sweep the series.

The Hurricanes have had a rough time so far this season giving up goals, goals and goals(seven of them against the Kraken last time around) and might even have more trouble defensively with Brett Pesce being out as well.

The Kraken will need to put in another solid performance and have to keep on scoring goals, in order to win more games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where?
PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
PNC_Arena-Day_Full-Slide-157b70bf1f.jpg

When?
4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT Sports NW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

Goaltending:

Both goalies started pretty well this season but haven't been that solid for the last couple of games.
Given that the Kraken could still have trouble scoring no matter who will start will need to improve on their past performance.

Power Play:
We've been able to score a couple of goals on the power play but still need loads of work to be respectable with the man advantage.
It would be good if the guys could move around a bit more and if guys like Schwartz would keep on crashing the net in order to create some problems for other teams.

Netfront/go to the net:
The Kraken aren't really buld to create a lot of problems for other teams sending guys net front given the size of their forwrds.
Though, you can still try and get in the dirty areas in order to force other teams into tougher positions defensively while also making things a bit more uncomfortable for their goalie.

-----------------------------------------------

Stats

i

Top Scorers:
Vince Dunn: 1(G) - 6(A) ---> 7 points
Oliver Bjorkstrand: 1G) - 4(A) ---> 5 points
Jayden Schwartz: 4(G) - 0(A) ---> 4 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:56 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:48 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 19:16 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 0-4-0 / .896(SV%) / 3.04 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 2-0-1 / .898(SV%) / 2.85 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Seth Jarvis: 4(G) - 3(A) ---> 7 points
jaccob Slavin: 3(G) - 4(A) ---> 7 points
Jesperi Kotkaniemi: 3(G) - 4(A) ---> 7 points

Work Load:
Brent Burns: 22:05 TOI/Game
Sebastian Aho: 21:01 TOI/Game
Brady Skjei: 20:19 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Antti Raanta: 1-1-0 / .818(SV%) / 4.41 GAA
Frederik Andersen: 2-0-0 / .855(SV%) / 4.14 GAA
Pyotr Kochetkov: 0-3-0 / .838(SV%) / 4.33 GAA
giphy.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this one goes.

As it looks right now this might be one of the most mediocre matchups all season long as long as someone either starts winning or completely falls off a cliff.
So many neutral folks might say this if asked about the Kraken/Canes matchup...
giphy.gif

Still, this one's for two points and if the Kraken really want to get back into the playoff hunt they'll need to capitalize on Carolina's current problems on defense and in net.

Hopefully the boys are up for it and are able to play another solid game to get the win and sweep the season series with the Canes.
giphy.gif

And last but not least, as always....
giphy.gif

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
The Kraken will certainly have to be ready for this one as the Canes will be itching to avenge that drubbing we gave them last week (not to mention how much they have struggled to start the year after being labeled as a Cup favorite).

We will either have to get the 1st goal to quiet the crowd or withstand the storm for the 1st half of the period as the Canes will likely come out flying

Reactions: AarG

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nothing would be finer than to defeat Carolina.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Now can Daccord finally have a shut down third period. Third periods have been his Achilles heel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad